ADVERTISEMENT

LS Gordon-Brooks?

yesman3

Oct 15, 2013
Is there any truth to rumors heard via multiple sources that Coach Gil Brooks will be joining forces with Drew Gordon at LaSalle?

Can anyone confirm or enlighten on this "noise".

Based solely upon the feelings some of LaSalle alum relatives have expressed about Coach Brooks, the LaSalle faithful would stage a mutiny.

You were warned to lay off the bong a long time ago. some never learn.

Ease up on yesman. Anyone who thinks Rick Wakeman is God on keyboards is OK in my book. Bongs were a beautiful thing in the day.

LP,
Regarding Coach S., heard same at LS-Carroll game yesterday, 3rd hand info, again reliability of sources unknown.

JB,
Agitator: Nah, never! Agitated: probably.. Not LS, I think the Office of Institutional Advancement and Planned Giving(site never updated if you look) would beg to differ. I still bleed for the boys on all fronts.
Had a rough New Year's as you're well aware, but always have to look forward. Hope your health is well, my best for the New Year to you and yours.
smile.r191677.gif

Relayer,
Is there any doubt brother!! Kaye, Igor, Downes couldn't hold a candle to him on his worst day..
Adam, of course, gets a pass.

I'm sure you give Oliver a pass too. I saw Rick and Adam at the good ole Chestnut Cabaret in '93.

I will say Tom Brislin was a hell of a keyboard player on the Symphonic Tour in '01, and the kid is from Jersey (much like half of SJP's roster...hehe)

http://tombrislin.com/

Relayer,
At the Mann and dare I say Belmont Plateau? Thought that was Igor then, but you're never wrong on these matters! ;)

Btw: I guess the PCL frosh/JV teams won't have to deal with that cowpatch anymore when playing SJP.

That's true, no more cow patch. Just a nice steep hill. Spend over 1.5 million and they don't even level the field. Should have put a piece of turf on a street in Manayunk. Going into SJP end zone you are going down hill. Blackhawks end zone is uphill.

Originally posted by kitwor:
Isn't Brooks really an OLine coach and not a defensive mind?
During an average SJP practice, Brooks pretty much coached every position on the field! His passion is the offensive line and it was interesting to watch him standing next to a 6-4 or 6-5 lineman and teaching him technique.

The actual playing surface was far from the best, but what a great setting it was for a Friday afternoon freshman game! Especially on rainy days!
This post was edited on 1/27 11:45 PM by njfan47

The Plateau!

Some of the best days of my life were at the Plateau while we waited for our sons to finish practice and give them a lift home! If a full moon was out, Coach Brooks would practice until about midnight lol! We met some really good friends because of Prep FB, which in many ways was better than college ball.

Coach Brooks was an outstanding O Line coach who emphasized great footwork.

Re: The Plateau!

FB,

Back in the day Brooks was one tough SOB lineman for the Prep considering he was always outsized. He was a high energy player who played with a subpar team.

Kit -

Few people realize that he was an OL with a very high motor. He even played for Swarthmore I believe. His tenacity was the same when it came to getting the job done, whether on the field or in the courtroom.

fb -

I actually miss that place ... The smell of blunts, the quads tearing up the park, the 'deep bass' music, storing equipment in a shipping container, not to mention the occasional 40 oz recyclables. That built concentration and character. Many a moonlit nights on the dusty tundra. Ironically, they are truly great memories. There was something kindred and captivating about it. Many will snark and laugh, but it's true. Besides, NJ is right, the freshmen and JV games were great there. You had all that ambiance and the sky line as well. Many an opposite team and parent would show up expecting some epiphany of a filed when it was simply the park - especially teams from out of the area. It was GREAT to see the looks on their faces.

Hey, it beats playing in a 'soup bowl' even if it is 'on campus' -
smile.r191677.gif

Yes, the people that came to the Plateau expecting to see some high end private school stadium sure got a shocker! I especially liked the summer training sessions, and think that played a big part in the Prep's success. JV games were the best with Devlin as coach of the JV. You knew he would a great head coach.

Good memories!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT