ADVERTISEMENT

Looking back on 2003

newport

Nov 22, 2002
Ok. It's the offseason already. Another great and exciting season for Pa football in the books. With that being said, I would like to pose a question to the board

In 2003, NP and Prep were 2 of the best teams in the country. And unfortunately, there was no system in place at the time for the 2 teams to play each other. At the time and for years following, fans(experts) seemed to be about in the 50/50 range of who would of won the game had they played that year.

My question is this..... after all these years, and the current Prep run/dominance, does anyone still think NP could of won that game?

I am a public school product, and thought for the longest time that Kevin Akins and the Knights would of come out victorious. They were a great HS team. However, seeing what Prep is on the state level has probably changed my mind.

This is not meant to be an anti NP post or pro Prep post. I have no affiliation to either school. Both great great star studded HS teams. Just curious to see if people's minds have been changed like mine.

Anyway, happy and healthy holidays to everyone on the board!!🎅🎅

don't know but i think that North Penn team is underrated when it comes to discussions on champs from the past

would SJP have been a contender for the other 7 years of that decade before they joined in 2008?

I believe they would of had some contenders in that time frame. Dont think they had the amount of talent they do now, but the John Shaw/Chris Whitney teams definitely would of been a player in the state during their time at Prep

I believe they would of had some contenders in that time frame. Dont think they had the amount of talent they do now, but the John Shaw/Chris Whitney teams definitely would of been a player in the state during their time at Prep
Prep would have been in conversation prior to 2008. The link below is to one of the best high school games I ever saw. To say Bosco had home field advantage was an huge understatement. Phil Simms in booth calling his sons game for ESPN wasn’t going to allow a school from the inner city to ruin the story book ending. Bosco was given off from school for the day and SJP fought north jersey traffic to show up at 6:05 for 7:15 kickoff. Chris Whitney was one of the best high school players I ever saw as well and eventually took Nova to national title.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT