ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh Valley Scores

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Nazareth 56 East Stroudsburg South 7
ESS scored the first points of the game, then Nazareth went for 56 unanswered. ESS is usually one of the better teams in 5A here, but didn’t stand a chance. Peyton Falzone, in his first start at quarterback, threw for 260 yards and three touchdowns in a little more than two quarters of work. You can see why the 6’4 sophomore is already getting FBS looks, throws a great ball. I think Nazareth is a top 5 team in 6A this year.

Freedom 14 Stroudsburg 0
On the other end, Freedom played way closer with an EPC North opponent than I would have anticipated. Defense obviously did the job (for my recruiting people, watch out for Tanner Wheeler - 6’5 270 junior defensive end, older brother is a multi-time FCS All American linebacker at Richmond and Tanner is the same kind of athlete but 3 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier. Game wrecker as a strong side end).

Parkland 54 Pocono Mountain West 7
Trojans named their score. PME is one of the worst programs in Pennsylvania. Doesn’t tell us much. The difference between Parkland and Nazareth is the Trojans have a lot of nice high school football players, Nazareth has some stars both at skill spots and in the trenches. No word on the debut of freshman TJ Lawrence (who is getting the ‘Baby Saquon’ moniker) but I know Moncman said he would start at linebacker and would be getting reps at tailback with Tremba getting motioned out into the slot. I’ll report back what I hear. Trojans get Freedom next week.

Emmaus 54 Pocono Mountain East 0
Like Parkland, not going to learn a lot here (looking forward to better week 1 games next year). Emmaus isn’t as deep Nazareth and Parkland, but they’re a tough match up, as they’re so good up front with a pair of Division I defensive linemen in Mario Landino (James Madison) and Ben Mercado (Sacred Heart) who also play on their offensive line. Big, physical group and have a tough dual-threat QB in Josiah Williams. Nazareth will get a nice benchmark against them next Friday.

Game of the weekend is Allentown Central Catholic and Northampton tomorrow. Matt Senneca also makes his sideline debut for Easton tomorrow night, so my take on the alma mater will have to wait.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT