ADVERTISEMENT

LaSalle at North Penn Aug 26th 7PM

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
North Penn 11-1 at home (vs) LaSalle 9-2

Real quick hit here on a makeup call thanks to Matern Deii Warrior reminding I forgot this one.

North Penn is again looking like the real deal despite some big grad losses of RB Khalani Eaton (1798, 27 Tds) and wide out Levi Carroll (44/842). That’s a big hit from a team that averaged 40pppg. But they return one of the top quarterback in the area and East in 4-year starter Ryan Zeltt (6-4, 210, sr) who completed 65% (24/6 ratio) of his passes for 1848 yards. Somebody beefed up unless a misprint! They also return most of their O-Line featuring the following; Kevin Pownall (6-0, 225, sr), Rymir Gray (6-2, 300, sr), Evan Schaub (6-2, 275, jr) and Makai Green (6-2, 300, sr). Not to trivialize Eaton’s value, but the Knights always seem to find a good running back and a linebacker or two for the heavy work. The wide outs look good despite losing Carroll with Neumann Goretti standout Yahzeed Haynes (6-2, 175, sr) transferred in. He ran a 4.39/40 and caught 26 passes for 488 yards last year for Neumann. Other receivers got time in seniors Nick Hoffman and Xaxier Bryan, cut from the same cloth at 6-2 180. I imagine some of the O-Line translate to D lineman although Coach Beck said they were smallish this year. Quick? The LBs are veteran in Luke Cody (6-3, 195, sr) and James Mangine (5-9, 185, Safety..?) with well-regarded Dave Dawes (6-1, 235, sr) returning from injury after missing last year. So with a vet QB, O-Line, highly rated wide receiver transfer and Coach saying his linebackers and DBs are a team strength, they look to be a major force again this year. They look like the best team in the district on paper.

Less here on LaSalle except to say they had severe graduation losses. Severe, including Abdul Carter Sam Brown, most of the OL and the Qb. But they do return defensive lineman Darold Dengobe (6-3, 275, sr) along with running back/LB Sean McFadden (6-0, 200, sr) and Stevie Davis (5-7, 180, jr) with WR Ryan Sorge (6-3, 190, sr). They were one of the more underrated teams in the state last year with wins against Bishop McDevitt-Harrisburg 21-0, Malvern Prep 10-7, Imhotep 13-8, McDonogh 38-14 and St. Joseph’s Prep 28-21. Unfortunately, the 6-0 start was followed by a 3-2 finish that included a 27-20 ‘upset’ by Roman before St. Joe’s 35-7 payback. This game against North Penn renews a rivalry that began in 2010 with 2019 being their last encounter where they routed the Knights 42-6.

Reactions: paul from philly
I am not sure. Based on Stalkers preview, LaSalle loses a ton of talent and NP returns plenty of talent. I’d make NP a slight favorite based on that. However, when’s the last time NP beat LaSalle? When’s the last time it was a really competitive game? If memory serves me correctly, hasn’t LaSalle dominated the past few meetings?

Reactions: bucksftball
I am not sure. Based on Stalkers preview, LaSalle loses a ton of talent and NP returns plenty of talent. I’d make NP a slight favorite based on that. However, when’s the last time NP beat LaSalle? When’s the last time it was a really competitive game? If memory serves me correctly, hasn’t LaSalle dominated the past few meetings?
North Penn might have one of the best QB WR connections on the eastern part of the state. This might be the year north Penn gets them. Correct me if I'm wrong but NP hasn't beat la salle since 2016.

2018 NP Won

Reactions: HSFB99
ADVERTISEMENT