ADVERTISEMENT

La Salle-St. Joe Prep

paul from philly

Dec 9, 2010
Here we go, the latest edition of the Holy War!! There has been hardly any conversation on the board about St. Joe so all I can go by is their ranking. And La Salle, well, La Salle is who they are. Granted they got beat by 3 very good teams and turned it on against Haverford. That said, they had the bye week to try and figure out a game plan. I trust Steinmetz to pull it together but going against St. Joe, I've got a final score of 31-17 St. Joe.

Last edited:
Paul -

Gotta play the game. It's never easy on either side. It appears SJP has some more skill players which could be the difference. I think no FGs and missed extra point. 34 - 21 SJP.

Paul -

Gotta play the game. It's never easy on either side. It appears SJP has some more skill players which could be the difference. I think no FGs and missed extra point. 34 - 21 SJP.

Could be the difference? I would be surprised if this a close game in the 2nd half. Possible mercy rule?

Reactions: newman107
Could be the difference? I would be surprised if this a close game in the 2nd half. Possible mercy rule?
I will be VERY surprised if it's a mercy rule game. This is still very much a rivalry game, which can make a difference. As well (based on listening to the two games and watching a fair number of highlights of each), the Prep's defense has shown some real vulnerabilities. They could very easily have lost both games, and the St. Frances game could certainly have been a loss if the game had proceeded. (The game was called with the Prep down 13-7 in the 3rd quarter, with St. Frances having scored the last 13 points.) So ... not a lot would have have had to change for the Prep to be 0-3 at this point. That said, the three teams the Prep played were top teams and the Prep showed lots of positives, especially on offense.

From what I understand, LaSalle is very inexperienced this year, which may mean they're a fair bit better than they were a month ago--even with the injured QB.

I agree with Relayer. SJP could mercy rule them at full throttle but I think Gabe will show some mercy and win by 25. 42-17

Lasalle just doesn’t have enough from a talent standpoint. Would be surprised if Prep doesn’t win big.

Relayer/Paul/Tulla/Roxy,

The LS boys practice hard, game play as hard and are well coached. Currently they just don't have the horses in the stable compared to the Prep squad. Although admittedly I've been far removed from the scene, not sure anyone can line-up against SJP on this side of the state and not be a decided underdog?

Gabe has built and nurtured a state and national football powerhouse, it can only be admired from those of us who've seen greater days and this transformation.

The current Prep seniors (correct me if I'm wrong) have only tasted defeat twice, Good Councel as Frosh and late year's state title game. Despite the plethora of injuries this year, they continue to perform at a high level. It's a remarkable achievement..

Relayer/Paul/Tulla/Roxy,

The LS boys practice hard, game play as hard and are well coached. Currently they just don't have the horses in the stable compared to the Prep squad. Although admittedly I've been far removed from the scene, not sure anyone can line-up against SJP on this side of the state and not be a decided underdog?

Gabe has built and nurtured a state and national football powerhouse, it can only be admired from those of us who've seen greater days and this transformation.

The current Prep seniors (correct me if I'm wrong) have only tasted defeat twice, Good Councel as Frosh and late year's state title game. Despite the plethora of injuries this year, they continue to perform at a high level. It's a remarkable achievement..
Who on the Prep team is injured besides Trotter and McKee?

Who on the Prep team is injured besides Trotter and McKee?

Yes, as above..

Weren't both starting stud OT's lost for the year? They're getting healthier but those early scrimmages disabled many, a good number have returned. A further testament to "next man up"..

Suppose I maybe more aware of what's occurring at SJ than LS nowadays as my colleague's son starts for the Prep.

Last edited:
Yes, as above..

Weren't both starting stud OT's lost for the year? They're getting healthier but those early scrimmages disabled many, a good number have returned. A further testament to "next man up"..

Suppose I maybe more aware of what's occurring at SJ than LS nowadays as my colleague's son starts for the Prep.
I could be wrong, but I thought the starting five on the OL going into the season were Cerruti, McGeary, Stephenson, Lombardi, and McKee and that only McKee is injured, but maybe I'm missing something.

LaSalle strength is running the football it seems after they pounded my Alma mater last week. Problem is offensively, you need to be multiple ve St. Joe's or else they will scheme up what you do best, have three different answers for it, and then shut it down. LaSalle s defense in contrast doesn't have alot of bells and whistles. They do what they do and Stimeitz always has them sound schematically. There is mutual respect on both sides, but No Way will St. Joe's take the foot off the gas. 42-10 Prep

Reactions: MC1975
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT