ADVERTISEMENT

Just stopped by to see that

njfan47.
* Of course you are right, Walker inherited a mess. If it was anything like PA, it evolved over time, shared by many. I really don't like using terms like libs, conservatives, etc to lay blame but do know monies not put in the fund were diverted to favored programs-businesses by all….and feel those who benefitted from years of this bonus should share the burden of repayment rather than simply asking those working who had nothing to do with shortfalls or the general body of taxpayers....to foot the bill. By the way because this is so often not mentioned, state employers, teachers, etc are taxpayers. Do we double bang them? The mess in PA was created by politicians, not unions, tho that message is convienently lost in rhetoric.
* I think Hillary Clinton is a lightweight and would not vote for her.
* Yes I'm sure Carson has a reasonable grasp of the Constitution hoping his recent idiocy-remarks were more about getting attention, however negative, than a reflection of his knowledge of Constitutional law.
* I can't say I'd vote for Christie. At some point I’m shooting myself in the foot casting a vote that way or Walker’s. Ultimately, I think we all vote our wallet.
Great points Stalker. I wouldn't use those terms either if the liberals' programs actually worked. They don't. In the case of Wisconsin, things were well run under Tommy Thompson for his 15 or so years in office. Then, along came a liberal governor for eight years and things got screwed up badly. Same with New Jersey; they have had their share of Republican governors, but it was Brendan Byrne, a Democrat, in 1976 who instituted the state income tax on what he called a temporary basis. It was 2% then and 2.5% for the rich who made over $80,000 a year. It has since gone to 6.37% for those making over $75,000 and 8.97% for those who have the audacity to earn over $500,000. This is what Christie has to deal with. It is actions like these (including obamacare) that are passed on a one-time basis and have a negative impact for a long time. I left New Jersey because of the state income taxes and high property taxes. It's the best move that I have ever made.

Agreed on Hillary. It is going to be fun to watch the rest of her campaign. El-kitty-o on this board is going to disappear once Hillary blows up!

I think many people will come around to Ben Carson over time. Not sure if he will win, but he will have an impact.

I don't think it's a matter of voting solely with our wallet. It's partially a matter of getting someone in office who will be respected around the world. Nobody, not even the staunchest liberal on this board, would ever argue that obama's foreign policy has been successful. And that brings up another point. The ineffective foreign policy will be overhanging the USA for years, if not decades. obama's legacy is not going to be a good one.

Yeah, I think we're in a pickle too in terms of foreign policy and domestic...and that it will hang over us for many years. No quick fix for a bad reputation!

My hope it that someone emerges from solid and competitive debate. To me there is no standout like (if you like horses) American Pharoah. Wish there was and perhaps I've become to cynical to see it. But I think a good man stands out over time and there is certainly enough of that to sort things out. And you're right, it's not a simple matter of votng your wallet though I fear many do or are strongly tempted for clear reasons. But if that good man steps forward, regardless of party, he'll have my vote, Carson or otherwise.

Yeah, I think we're in a pickle too in terms of foreign policy and domestic...and that it will hang over us for many years. No quick fix for a bad reputation!

My hope it that someone emerges from solid and competitive debate. To me there is no standout like (if you like horses) American Pharoah. Wish there was and perhaps I've become to cynical to see it. But I think a good man stands out over time and there is certainly enough of that to sort things out. And you're right, it's not a simple matter of votng your wallet though I fear many do or are strongly tempted for clear reasons. But if that good man steps forward, regardless of party, he'll have my vote, Carson or otherwise.
I really hope you check out Ben Carson. And don't believe the media attacks that surely will come his way if he is near the top of the polls.

Yea the Media can lie just ask fox news
Thanks for your post El-kitty-o. Cite specific instances. Let it be known that even some democrats are calling Bret Baier's show the best on TV. It's on a 6 PM every night and is vey well done. Of course, if you don't watch it and instead believe what others tell you to believe, you will never know. How about Obama lying to the military yesterday about global warming being a very important issue in how the military will be effected in the future, playing it off as if it's one of the very top priorities. It's a hoax. Meanwhile, IS runs rampant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT