ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Connor named D Coordinator at O'Hara

Gang $$ Green

Dec 16, 2004
Long time Strath Haven D Coordinator and former head coach Jim Connor was annouced today as O'Hara's new D cooridinator. He will be joined on the the defensive staff by his son Mike Connor and former O'Hara All Catholic Brian Giacobetti.

B.J. Hogan also annouced that Edsel Torres from Archmere Academy will be the assistant head coach and former O'Hara All Catholic Mike Lomas as the quarterbacks coach.

Welcome to all the new members of the O'Hara football family and congratulations to Coach Hogan on an excellent start on putting together his staff.

Gang any insight as to why Connor would leave Strath Haven? I know they are down in recent years, but that is a curious move.

They had no freshman team this yr. Kids don't want to play ball. If you want to keep a program running, you gotta go out to the elementary school and get kids in weight ball. The 2010 team was the last squad to have many Rose Tree Colts players. It has dropped off since.
Rose Tree has also dropped off. Parents didn't like who was running the program and voted new in. Too many want-a-be's running the show now. I saw Rose Tree teams play this fall. No basic 101 ball, just line up with coach's son doing his own thing. Sad.

Mr. H

While I don't necessarily disagree, what does any of that have to do with Connor going to O'Hara? Are you saying he sees the writing on the wall for SH and is getting out because of it?

Hey, I bailed out last year from doing stats after 12+ yrs and I saw the writing on the wall. If kids aren't interested and the program is on it's way out, why wouldn't he leave. It makes good sense. I think he's a great coach and kids should benefit from his and Mike's knowledge of the game no matter where he goes. As far as teaching, IMO he probably stays unless he is affected by the budget which was in the Delco times yesterday.

With Connor leaving this really brings an end to an era. Can anyone name a more successful partnership in Delaware County Football history then Clancy and Connor? These two had a winning record against all the great coaches near and far in PA. McNick, Lennox, Gallagher locally and Williams from Manheim, Pennypacker- Pottsgrove, Curry from Berwick, Palko from West Allegheny. They are the only two coaches to ever get to the state title game 4 times and win two of them. They won 96 consecutive District 1 games, they won double digit district and central league titles. I think anyone would be hard pressed to find any pair that did more then these two. Wish Coach Connor well and hope the fortunes of Haven football can survive losing such an integral part.

This post was edited on 1/21 10:00 AM by Delcofootballguy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT