ADVERTISEMENT

info

CENTRAL1

Sep 1, 2001
stalk

If you go back to when gv first joined

the cl i think ridley has only won about 4 contests . if you were the coach of ridley

what would you do to try to reverse that trend

stalk

If you go back to when gv first joined

the cl i think ridley has only won about 4 contests . if you were the coach of ridley

what would you do to try to reverse that trend
Awkward period others on the board are better equipped to answer CENTRAL1. Will take a stab.

* I'd get the same philosophy/systems that allowed them to have strong defense essentially from 2001 through 2016 (blips in 15 and 17) before 2018 to present.
* Went thru a period of changes at the top that were for all I know unavoidable. Still an issue.
* I would never have dropped the Spread/Pass as was done for the wishbone/option, whatever that period was.
* Conversely, Garnet Valley stayed true to their roots with coaching consistency. You know the coaches and system from knee high up. The way is used to be at Ridley.

G-Val won 8 of last 10. The last four scores from 2021 back are 65-37, 44-0, 42-24, 55-21. I've really prioritized D3 the last few years so can't speak to it more than that. Will say if football is still important to the school/admin, etc, scores like that should have resulted in a number of firings. Maybe they did.
Again C1, I follow D1 and the state (broad view) but prefer drilling down on the teams from District 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT