ADVERTISEMENT

Imhotep vs Harrisburgh

I'm surprised this game hasn't received any comments from the board, There are at least 10 Division 1 players that will be involved in a matchup of a run oriented Tep vs what should be a pass happy Harrisburg squad. Additionally there will be some of Pa top players involved. The big matchup of Micah Parsons on offense vs Isham Young on defense should be worth seeing in itself. I give both schools credit for scheduling this.

Pass happy Harrisburg? Why should they be pass happy with Parsons in the backfield and the dual threat ability of their QB?

Pass happy Harrisburg? Why should they be pass happy with Parsons in the backfield and the dual threat ability of their QB?
Wilkerson to Anderson Butts will be a very good combo. It will be interesting to see if runs much against Tep. He will be needed full time on defense . I get your point though. We shall see.

Agreed. Call me "old-school" in my thinking but if I have a top player in the country at RB I'm handing him the ball. I subscribe to the Royal theory that "three things can happen when you pass and two of them are bad."

I have heard that Tep has lost some really good ones to transfer, maybe even a player mentioned above. I cannot confirm but my source is usually correct

I'm surprised this game hasn't received any comments from the board, There are at least 10 Division 1 players that will be involved in a matchup of a run oriented Tep vs what should be a pass happy Harrisburg squad. Additionally there will be some of Pa top players involved. The big matchup of Micah Parsons on offense vs Isham Young on defense should be worth seeing in itself. I give both schools credit for scheduling this.

Coach Everett had a balanced team last year with Wilkerson who could fling it as needed (+2000 yds) with the following totals through the air in postseason games preceding Wood; Exeter 135, GMifflin 197, MCentral 402 and West A 132. The Mid Penn Commonwealth has never been pass happy in my lifetime (heresy!) but they aren’t afraid to put it up.
Having said that, Harrisburg is gifted in their receiver corps of late with a QB who can get it there. Interesting seeing if Tep has anyone to counter Parson who will have his ears pinned for the new Qb.

I have heard that Tep has lost some really good ones to transfer, maybe even a player mentioned above. I cannot confirm but my source is usually correct
I just found out about the multiple transfers to NG. This certainly changes the excitement level for me about the game.

I think the transfer rumor are overblown, most of imhotep's core returnees are back or at least participated in their airo 7v7 tournament win a couple weeks ago. This is a heavyweight matchup and a good early test for both. Should be a good one

Who are the transfers to NG?
I heard one earlier this year following Crosbys hirig at NG ,and Justin Johnson just announced he was transferring. He is a huge D-1 OT. Perhaps BTM an add what he knows. Anyway,this has an impact on Teps power game.

What we know about Tep, they will have a new signal caller this year. They lose 4 out of 5 oline men, and starting receiving corps

I heard one earlier this year following Crosbys hirig at NG ,and Justin Johnson just announced he was transferring. He is a huge D-1 OT. Perhaps BTM an add what he knows. Anyway,this has an impact on Teps power game.

Kids announce transfers now? Was it a press conference type set-up? LOL....

Other than Albie brainwashing them with no one will work harder for you than me, why would any upperclassmen at Imhotep leave for NG? Silly. I'm hoping that IC/HAR game gets on ESPN and these transfers lose that opportunity. Leave a state power, no tuition, for the likes of NG for a single season.

Anyway, I'm told IC won't sit back idly if the attempted transfers get out of hand. I heard it's at four right now, but who knows for sure.

Kids announce transfers now? Was it a press conference type set-up? LOL....

Other than Albie brainwashing them with no one will work harder for you than me, why would any upperclassmen at Imhotep leave for NG? Silly. I'm hoping that IC/HAR game gets on ESPN and these transfers lose that opportunity. Leave a state power, no tuition, for the likes of NG for a single season.

Anyway, I'm told IC won't sit back idly if the attempted transfers get out of hand. I heard it's at four right now, but who knows for sure.

Justin Johnson didn't have a press conference,He was asked a question by a reporter. Everyone on this website spoke out against the quality of education at Imhotep. If some students choose to Transfer, its their family decision. I cant believe Imhotep stated they were going to fight transfers leaving the school, How many transfers have they received over the years?

Justin Johnson didn't have a press conference,He was asked a question by a reporter. Everyone on this website spoke out against the quality of education at Imhotep. If some students choose to Transfer, its their family decision. I cant believe Imhotep stated they were going to fight transfers leaving the school, How many transfers have they received over the years?

So the education was satisfactory prior to this year? The education was quality when the former coach was there? Sounds rather convenient to me.

Anyway, I don't think IC would complain much if a few left, but if a lot left and all went to the same school then they weren't going to just sit back. I can't say I blame them.

NG's new coach isn't entitled to IC players because he once coached there. I believe he thinks he is.

Oh yea, my press conference comment was only joking around. I knew that wasn't the case :)

first of all why would a charter complain about transfers they are a school run by a lottery to get entrance so i'm sure if one goes weather he is a d1 or not shouldn't matter there is a kid waiting to go there

first of all why would a charter complain about transfers they are a school run by a lottery to get entrance so i'm sure if one goes weather he is a d1 or not shouldn't matter there is a kid waiting to go there

Ha ha ha....A lottery. Please. They have never turned away an athlete. All I'm saying is that a few probably doesn't bother them, but if given the chance Albie would probably take 20.

Last edited:
As far as names, I'm told 4, a fifth whom I did not mention by name in my earlier post is staying at Imhoetep. Like I said it was a very good source but he was wrong on at least the one kid.

Duh G, I am thinking the same thing. We know Harrisburg will be loaded. Even if Tep is losing some players, they will still field a very competitive team (one of the top in the city). I have a feeling there will be a lot of points scored in this one with all the skill that will be on display.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT