ADVERTISEMENT

How Did Mt. Lebo Pull it Off

Not quite Apples to Apples but in 2019 the 2020 P-R team (as Juniors) beat the 2021 Lebo team (as sophomores) 41-0. That 2020 team continues to grow on me. LoL.

Not quite Apples to Apples but in 2019 the 2020 P-R team (as Juniors) beat the 2021 Lebo team (as sophomores) 41-0. That 2020 team continues to grow on me. LoL.
I remember that game. 2nd worst loss in the coach Palko “era” here at Mt. Lebanon

i was rooting for PR in the wpial championship game that year, they almost pulled out the upset. PCC had one of the biggest lines I’ve seen in a while.

Reactions: new2pa
All those 6A teams lucked out big time by PR dropping down then coach K getting the shaft, pcc was probably the only school they didn’t consistently dominate and still laid it on them a few times

Reactions: new2pa
i was actually thinking of state title teams when you said that, if you include every PA team ever maybe they are in the top 1%

I think 2014 and 2020 PR beats Lebo
Maybe. I’d be interested in 2021 Lebo vs 2020 Pine. They’re both similar.

I’ll get back to working on my time machine.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2020] Pine-Richland (Gibsonia, PA) 34, [2021] Mt. Lebanon (Pittsburgh, PA) 28

neutral field
[2017] Pine-Richland (Gibsonia, PA) 34, [2021] Mt. Lebanon (Pittsburgh, PA) 28

neutral field
[2021] Mt. Lebanon (Pittsburgh, PA) 41, [2014] Pine-Richland (Gibsonia, PA) 24

I agree with the 2020 prediction.

I think the 2017 one is WAY to close. I don't see that game being closer than 4 TDs.

I also think P-R scores more than 24 vs 2021 LEBO unless the argument is Lebo's D was a good a SJP D - which P-R scored 41 against. LoL. This is fun.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

I think the 2017 one is WAY to close. I don't see that game being closer than 4 TDs.

I also think P-R scores more than 24 vs 2021 LEBO unless the argument is Lebo's D was a good a SJP D - which P-R scored 41 against. LoL. This is fun.
Wow, you folks are funny!

So, I will chime in!

Agreed- that 2019 WPIAL champ game was amazing- goal line stand, against PCC, who had 3 "college caliber" linemen, including Elliot Donald- 4th and 1 and barely allowed the TD to take lead late- then PR had a dropped pass on a drive, almost rallied. We had sophomore LB Hasley at 190 LB, and junior Miller, at 180 lb, going up against 300 pound oline.

2021 Lebo was great- but even 2021 PR scrimmaged them, and were not that far off- I think the :unofficial score" was 3 to 2 "win" by Lebo. So, yea, 2020 team has clear edge.

Jacky- good to see you back! Agreed on teams "lucking out" on EK and staff getting fired. But, that also includes all of 5A also! Jeez, PR might have have won 3 straight WPIALs, from 2020 to 2022!! So, Lebo lucks out, PT, Lebo, and even whoever wins this year "lucks out."

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

2014 PR with Dinucci ate up Central Catholic with their D1 defensive backfield and lineman

John Petrishen, Damar Hamlin, Bricen Garner etc couldn't stop Dinucci but Eli Heidenreich and a bunch of "good high school players" are stopping him?

speaking of 2014 Central, they beat Lebo too

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field

neutral field
[2021] Mt. Lebanon (Pittsburgh, PA) 31,
[2004] Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA) 20

Hmmm interesting… I’d take it!

neutral field
[2021] Mt. Lebanon (Pittsburgh, PA) 31,
[2004] Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA) 20

Hmmm interesting… I’d take it!
LMAO 04 Central beats 2021 Lebo by any score they want

they shut down Lesean Mccoy, he said he had never been hit like that in his life... but Alex Tecza is going to run on them AHAHAHA

they shut down Lesean Mccoy, he said he had never been hit like that in his life... but Alex Tecza is going to run on them AHAHAHA
Come on BP, you know you can't compare 04 to 21. What rules are they using? But Pitt CC was probably the best team I've seen, certainly one of them. That's kind of a 'qualifier' saying...."best team I've seen". Maybe I just didn't see a better one!
Before that, although that MCD could bottom up sometimes, they were the best team I saw.

Reactions: Thegreenmissle

I was joking. I was just pointing out the flaws of the site. 2004 PCC is a historic team. But how do you compare the best 2021 team and the best 2004 team? Their offenses are completely different.

I also wouldn’t downplay Tecza, kid was the best RB i watched live in a while. He will do great at Navy, and even more importantly, he will serve our great country.

Last edited:
Come on BP, you know you can't compare 04 to 21. What rules are they using? But Pitt CC was probably the best team I've seen, certainly one of them. That's kind of a 'qualifier' saying...."best team I've seen". Maybe I just didn't see a better one!
Before that, although that MCD could bottom up sometimes, they were the best team I saw.
what high school football rules have changed since then?

what is the argument for 2021 Lebo beating 2004 Central?

I was joking. I was just pointing out the flaws of the site. 2004 PCC is a historic team. But how do you compare the best 2021 team and the best 2004 team? Their offenses are completely different.

I also wouldn’t downplay Tecza, kid was the best RB i watched live in a while. He will do great at Navy, and even more importantly, he will serve our great country.
I go by the eyeball test and competition played

is Joey Daniels at quarterback better than somebody like Anthony Morelli, who Central shut down as a much inferior team as juniors in 2003?

yes offense today seems to be more spread out and they pass more than they used to,but Central is still bigger, faster, and more talented from top to bottom so I don't see what Lebo would do that they couldn't stop

how does Lebo stop them?

Tecza was good but what was so special about him? he would've been maybe the 4th best running back Central played back in 2004 behind Mccoy, Justin King, and Ed Collington

also in 2003 they shut down Andrew Johnson, who went on to play at Miami and Akron

heck was he really much more impressive than Sean Lee at running back? he looked like more of a man among boys to me than Tecza, Tecza just seems like a good high school player to me than a potential D1 player

what high school football rules have changed since then?

what is the argument for 2021 Lebo beating 2004 Central?
I think we went over this maybe 2 months or so ago? And even if I listed differences in the game from 2004 to 2021, you'd say 'ok........but'. And I'm not going to argue hypotheticals. Who would !*?!'
This may be a fun exercise and that's fine. Go for it. But that's all it is.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
I think we went over this maybe 2 months or so ago? And even if I listed differences in the game from 2004 to 2021, you'd say 'ok........but'. And I'm not going to argue hypotheticals. Who would !*?!'
Agreed stalk, there's no way to find out. Its diffrent generations and the game has evolved and changed so much. It's all just opinions. I'm looking forward to the season starting and breaking down and debating real games. Not this hypothetical stuff.

Agreed stalk, there's no way to find out. Its diffrent generations and the game has evolved and changed so much. It's all just opinions. I'm looking forward to the season starting and breaking down and debating real games. Not this hypothetical stuff.
You guys have a interesting schedule only playing 2 teams from PA. But you play some tough NY schools who field good stuff and of course really nice teams/programs from Ohio.
Tough opener vs AB Hoban, one of Ohio's VERY best at 63-7 the last 5 and at least 5 state titles since 2015 playing the other best teams in Ohio; Mooney, Iggy, St. Ed's, etc, etc.
I believe Solon brings back good #s.

It's a super tough classification but you should be playoff ready.

Yes we have a big opening game against archbishop Hoban. That should be a good measuring stick and hopefully we can end our 2 year drought with rival McDowell. The big question will be losing legendary coach Mike mischler. Replacing him is Mike Krahe who I believe played on the state runner up team in 99. This year's prep team reminds me a lot of last year's Mt Lebo team with their big D1 guys being qb cater Barnes, Rb/lb jyree Roberts and wr/db wakeem page. They will be playing behind a massive line lead by 6'6 265 joavani Cooley who is only a junior and already has offers from pitt, Toledo, and Maryland. They will be hard to beat in 5A this year. Im guessing we'll see tep vs prep 6 in Cumberland valley in December.

I go by the eyeball test and competition played

is Joey Daniels at quarterback better than somebody like Anthony Morelli, who Central shut down as a much inferior team as juniors in 2003?

yes offense today seems to be more spread out and they pass more than they used to,but Central is still bigger, faster, and more talented from top to bottom so I don't see what Lebo would do that they couldn't stop

how does Lebo stop them?

Tecza was good but what was so special about him? he would've been maybe the 4th best running back Central played back in 2004 behind Mccoy, Justin King, and Ed Collington

also in 2003 they shut down Andrew Johnson, who went on to play at Miami and Akron

heck was he really much more impressive than Sean Lee at running back? he looked like more of a man among boys to me than Tecza, Tecza just seems like a good high school player to me than a potential D1 player
🤪 47-7 Did you watch the game I linked earlier? Didn't think so.

Last edited:

i don't recall us talking about this

i think the hypothetical conversations are the most interesting, and nobody can be proven wrong so what do you have to lose haha

do you think Lesean Mccoy or Sean Lee would be better or worse high school players today than they were in 2004?

i don't recall us talking about this

i think the hypothetical conversations are the most interesting, and nobody can be proven wrong so what do you have to lose haha

do you think Lesean Mccoy or Sean Lee would be better or worse high school players today than they were in 2004?
They can be interesting except when it breaks down to the insanity of arguing team A being better than team B....of 20 years ago! There are other things I'd rather do like the research I put on the board.
Presently working on a medium sized post (quick hits) now on openers I hope to complete this weekend.

LeSean and Lee....? Two great players. I guess they and others would have to be better today with the technology, training, etc making advances every few years they'd benefit from.
Ok, back to work on the openers.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT