ADVERTISEMENT

How Did Mt. Lebo Pull it Off

Along with William Harvey who was a big 33 lineman and 1st team all state. To say the 2000 team was better or this team didn't have the big athletes is just crazy. This lebo team was loaded.
who?

you know Pa football isn't what is used to be when no names going to nowhere schools are all state

Buddy, you really didn't do your homework. That 2000 Lebo team was 11-3 with losses to North Hills 27-0, McKeesport, and Erie Prep 39-14. The 2021 Lebo team blew out just about everybody (including Pittsburgh Central Catholic 47-7) on their way to a 15-0 state title. No Lebo team has ever done what this team did. And they have several kids that will play at the college level. Go look at the scores of their games this year... I think you will change your mind. St. Joes was their closest game this year.
actually their closest game was against North Allegheny in the semifinals

let me guess... 2021 NA was better than 2012 NA???

actually their closest game was against North Allegheny in the semifinals

let me guess... 2021 NA was better than 2012 NA???
During that game, their all state lineman and quarterback were sidelined. They put a freshman into replace Daniels. Earlier in the season they beat NA by 31.

2000 Mt. Lebanon was very good, but they are simply not as good as the 2021 team. Heavy rain aided Mt. Lebanon in the WPIAL championship against Woodland Hills. Woody high fumbled a lot, including on the last minute PAT to tie the game.

Reactions: NNFAN and Stalker
During that game, their all state lineman and quarterback were sidelined. They put a freshman into replace Daniels. Earlier in the season they beat NA by 31.

2000 Mt. Lebanon was very good, but they are simply not as good as the 2021 team. Heavy rain aided Mt. Lebanon in the WPIAL championship against Woodland Hills. Woody high fumbled a lot, including on the last minute PAT to tie the game.
100%! No comparison. This year's lebo team is one of the all time greats.

they avenged the North Hills loss

2000 Erie CATHEDRAL Prep had one of the most loaded teams in Pa ever, they would win the state title in most years and also would've blown out this Lebo team

competition matters

you're a stat sheet guy, you look at scores and see blow out and automatically assume that means they were some all time great team, when the truth is there are a lot more have nots these days than haves

I'm much more impressed by 2000 Lebo beating a Woodland Hills team that had Steve Breaston, Ryan Mundy, Brian Borgoyn and numerous other D1 players than I am by anybody 2021 Lebo beat, their best win being against a baby St. Joes Team
Not at all. I watched EVERY Mt. Lebo game this past season. Why don't you defer to the Lebo insiders for an opinion. I have followed Mt. Lebanon since the 1960's. How many games did you see?

Reactions: Thegreenmissle

Exactly. Why even argue with BradPitt, the guy doesn't know s*it. I think he is bitter for some reason. Maybe his team is one of the teams that got crushed by Lebo. Talent is just one part of being a great team. Coaching, experience, blocking, execution, conditioning, football IQ, etc.

Exactly. Why even argue with BradPitt, the guy doesn't know s*it. I think he is bitter for some reason. Maybe his team is one of the teams that got crushed by Lebo. Talent is just one part of being a great team. Coaching, experience, blocking, execution, conditioning, football IQ, etc.
Your comment "Why don't you defer to the Lebo insiders for an opinion" makes too much sense for BP who very evidently enjoys arguing rather than discussing. My first two wives were the same way.

Your comment "Why don't you defer to the Lebo insiders for an opinion" makes too much sense for BP who very evidently enjoys arguing rather than discussing. My first two wives were the same way.
I don't even reply to him anymore. He loves trolling on here and just throws out BS. With that being said football is a month away and looking fwd to it and hearing everyones thoughts and opinions. Hope everyones been having a good summer.

Not at all. I watched EVERY Mt. Lebo game this past season. Why don't you defer to the Lebo insiders for an opinion. I have followed Mt. Lebanon since the 1960's. How many games did you see?
Speaking of 2000 Mt. Lebanon, is there a copy of the live broadcast of the wpial championship game? I have tapes of all the games from that season, and that broadcast is a piece of lost media for me

so heavy rain only affected Woodland Hills, but not Mt. Lebanon?

it wasn't exactly the mud bowl that the 2001 state title game was

like i always say, timing is everything in life 2021 Lebo team will be remembered as "better" simply because they didn't have to play a seasoned St. Joe's team or 2000 Cathedral Prep

I saw 3 of their games this season

LOL what am I bitter about?

I can't have an opinion that is different than yours? sounds like projection to me, it bothers you that somebody doesn't think exactly like you

I don't root for any high school team unless it is public against private

2 wives...sounds like the problem is you lol

how am i arguing rather than discussing? you guys revived a thread over a comment I made in January nd i'm the one searching for an argument?

and what are the qualifications for being a "Lebo insider"?

Bill Cowher said his 97 Steelers team was his best, i don't think anybody other than him agrees with that but who was more of an "insider" than him?

you girls... yes girls as it's girls that cry when a man disagrees with them... will have to learn to live with me not agreeing with you

Last edited:
Reactions: Stalker
I don't even reply to him anymore. He loves trolling on here and just throws out BS. With that being said football is a month away and looking fwd to it and hearing everyones thoughts and opinions. Hope everyones been having a good summer.
ok Mark Hauswoman guy that doesn't even know the name of the school you allegedly attended

so heavy rain only affected Woodland Hills, but not Mt. Lebanon?

it wasn't exactly the mud bowl that the 2001 state title game was

like i always say, timing is everything in life 2021 Lebo team will be remembered as "better" simply because they didn't have to play a seasoned St. Joe's team or 2000 Cathedral Prep
Fair point, rain affected both teams. I just struggle to see how they could stop “the triplets” ( Daniels, tecza, Heidenreich) and d1 te Dee. no team in the state this year could. I don’t think they have the athletes to keep up.

I know 2000s o line was there strength, but 2021s line was no pushover. Includes d1, all staters, and big 33 (Austin, Halter, Harvey, Capristo)

Reactions: NNFAN
Fair point, rain affected both teams. I just struggle to see how they could stop “the triplets” ( Daniels, tecza, Heidenreich) and d1 te Dee. no team in the state this year could. I don’t think they have the athletes to keep up.

I know 2000s o line was there strength, but 2021s line was no pushover. Includes d1, all staters, and big 33 (Austin, Halter, Harvey, Capristo)
they stopped better athletes on the 2000 Woodland Hills team, future NFL players

the 2021 Lebo guys might not even get a lot of playing time at Navy or Dayton, which isn't exactly Michigan let alone the NFL

That’s awesome. My nephew was on the team
who is your nephew?

is he aware of you saying his team was inferior and your betrayal lol?

a lot of those old games used to be on one youtube channel but the guy said he removed them for copyright strikes

who the hell is filing copyright strikes for 20+ year old high school football games that aired on a network that no longer exists?

they stopped better athletes on the 2000 Woodland Hills team, future NFL players

the 2021 Lebo guys might not even get a lot of playing time at Navy or Dayton, which isn't exactly Michigan let alone the NFL
I hear that, but Mundy was a sophomore and breaston was a junior. 2000 Woodland Hills was younger. You could say that 2000 Lebo and 2021 Lebo were similar in that they faced younger teams in championship games.

we shall see in around 6 years if any st joes prep players make the nfl, they are stacked at the moment. Returning a lot of players.

who is your nephew?

is he aware of you saying his team was inferior and your betrayal lol?

a lot of those old games used to be on one youtube channel but the guy said he removed them for copyright strikes

who the hell is filing copyright strikes for 20+ year old high school football games that aired on a network that no longer exists?
To be fair my grandson was a freshman on the 2021 Lebo team, and I’m more close with him. Both were backups unfortunately.

I agree about copyright strikes. Bizarre

I hear that, but Mundy was a sophomore and breaston was a junior. 2000 Woodland Hills was younger. You could say that 2000 Lebo and 2021 Lebo were similar in that they faced younger teams in championship games.

we shall see in around 6 years if any st joes prep players make the nfl, they are stacked at the moment. Returning a lot of players.
but Woodland Hills also had seniors like Tyree Young, Brendon Banks, and Montae Murphy they all went D1 though i think all got in trouble with the law

they also had Brian Johnson on the line, who Novak said would've been D1 if he wasn't 5'11 but he considered him to be one of his best lineman ever

I'll take young Mundy and Breaston over most seniors, Breaston is considered to be one of the best WPIAL players of all time

but Woodland Hills also had seniors like Tyree Young, Brendon Banks, and Montae Murphy they all went D1 though i think all got in trouble with the law

they also had Brian Johnson on the line, who Novak said would've been D1 if he wasn't 5'11 but he considered him to be one of his best lineman ever

I'll take young Mundy and Breaston over most seniors, Breaston is considered to be one of the best WPIAL players of all time
Yeah I think tyre got shot in a bar fight.

St. joes prep had d1 seniors as well, with some p5 including

Chadha, Harris (Rutgers)
Nelson jr. (South Carolina)
Nicholl (Kent state)

we all know how good there class of 2024 is, one player has an offer from alabama. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the next 2 state championships by 30+

i need to watch the 2000 Lebo season again, I’m not sure how they got shutout 27-0 against north hills with the talent they have. However, They did get their revenge in the playoffs.

I know it, it's Erie prep. You are so witty on the Hauswomen
So how's Erie Prep looking this year Haus? Updates? I just finished D3 write up/rankings and haven't looked too hard at anything 'west'. Thanks.

Chadha, Harris (Rutgers)
Nicholl (Kent state)

we all know how good there class of 2024 is, one player has an offer from alabama. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the next 2 state championships by 30+

i need to watch the 2000 Lebo season again, I’m not sure how they got shutout 27-0 against north hills with the talent they have. However, They did get their revenge in the playoffs.
Mt. Lebanon was the deserving winner last year and had a talented, well-coached, and balanced team.

From an SJP perspective, the fact that Heard played only sparingly (because of injury) really hurt their defense. But what sticks out most for me was the call at the very end of the first half when, down by 7, the coach decided to try a field goal from the two or three yard line when the kicker was kicking at the left hash mark and the wind was swirling. Chadha was an excellent place-kicker--as he showed in the second half--but the decision to go for a very difficult fg which, if made, would still leave SJP down by four at the half, rather than for a td, which was probably, like a two point extra point attempt, about a 50-50 chance but which would have tied the game and given SJP a big boost after being down 14, was an unusually bad one by Roken.

Also, unlike others, I think this year's SJP team (with Trotter, Dumond, Niles, McMahon, Garwood, Cervantes, Doyle, Ditrolio, and Woods playing big roles as seniors) could be as good as next year's.

Mt. Lebanon was the deserving winner last year and had a talented, well-coached, and balanced team.

From an SJP perspective, the fact that Heard played only sparingly (because of injury) really hurt their defense. But what sticks out most for me was the call at the very end of the first half when, down by 7, the coach decided to try a field goal from the two or three yard line when the kicker was kicking at the left hash mark and the wind was swirling. Chadha was an excellent place-kicker--as he showed in the second half--but the decision to go for a very difficult fg which, if made, would still leave SJP down by four at the half, rather than for a td, which was probably, like a two point extra point attempt, about a 50-50 chance but which would have tied the game and given SJP a big boost after being down 14, was an unusually bad one by Roken.

Also, unlike others, I think this year's SJP team (with Trotter, Dumond, Niles, McMahon, Garwood, Cervantes, Doyle, Ditrolio, and Woods playing big roles as seniors) could be as good as next year's.
Agreed. Winds were extreme on that day.

Another thing that I think did them in were in the third quarter. St joes defense turned in to a brick wall to start the half.

there were two drives where the st. Joes offense was running the ball at will. They managed to get deep into Lebo territory. Then for some reason, they decided to pass, which ended both drives with an interception.

Reactions: Stalker
To be fair my grandson was a freshman on the 2021 Lebo team, and I’m more close with him. Both were backups unfortunately.

I agree about copyright strikes. Bizarre
Hey greenmissle! Any idea how strong this past year's freshman team was for Lebo? Impressed with Lukas Bovino and Joey Hetz among others but there's little video on the lower level teams. Did they play a freshman schedule? I now live in Chicago (Naperville).

SJP, IMHO, was the best team we played last year. Lebo made fewer mistakes, had the more experienced QB, and perhaps outcoached SJP. That was the difference. Wouldn't want to play them in 2022.

Hey greenmissle! Any idea how strong this past year's freshman team was for Lebo? Impressed with Lukas Bovino and Joey Hetz among others but there's little video on the lower level teams. Did they play a freshman schedule? I now live in Chicago (Naperville).
I’m pretty sure the class of 2025 did well for themselves. Kind of strange but there is no “freshman team” anymore, the new term is “jv-b” which is freshmen and some sophomores. The only game I caught is when they beat bethel park on a last play touchdown. David Shields is a sophomore who could see significant playing time at quarterback.

I’ll try to learn more as I attend more practices this week.

I know it, it's Erie prep. You are so witty on the Hauswomen
no it isn't, learn the name of the school you allegedly attended

it's not meant to be witty, toots

isn't my criticism of the 2021 Lebo team making up for my criticism of the 2006 Upper St. Clair team and Jim Render, considering how much those two schools hate each other LOL

Last edited:

Chadha, Harris (Rutgers)
Nicholl (Kent state)

they will easily win the next two state titles

I told you Lebo had timing on their side, they would've gotten mercy ruled if they played 2020 St. Joe with Mcord and Harrison Jr

there were a lot of great teams back in those days, considering how much less overall D1 talent in PA there is today compared to then I don't think it's crazy to say there were a lot better teams too back then

I told you Lebo had timing on their side, they would've gotten mercy ruled if they played 2020 St. Joe with Mcord and Harrison Jr

there were a lot of great teams back in those days, considering how much less overall D1 talent in PA there is today compared to then I don't think it's crazy to say there were a lot better teams too back then
Bradley pitt knows it all. Ill trust NNFAN's opinion who has been to every Lebo game and has been following the team for decades now.

Last edited:

Wouldn’t that mean that every state champion had timing on there side since they didn’t play 2020 st joes prep?

Even if they weren’t as good As 2000 Erie cathedral prep or 2020 st joes, they’d still be better than 99% of Piaa teams throughout history

Wouldn’t that mean that every state champion had timing on there side since they didn’t play 2020 st joes prep?

Even if they weren’t as good As 2000 Erie cathedral prep or 2020 st joes, they’d still be better than 99% of Piaa teams throughout history
YES

timing is EVERYTHING in life, unless you happen to have the best team ever you don't need luck or timing

i don't agree they are better than 99% of PIAA teams, what are you basing that on? seriously they are now the most overrated team in state history for you to make such a claim

i think Pine Richland alone had at least 3 teams over the past 8 years or so that were better, heck i think the Central Catholic team that got steamrolled by St. Joes in 2016 is better too

but like i said TIMING, 2021 Lebo didn't have to go up against Deandre Swift and a dominant line instead played a bunch of sophomores

Bradley pitt knows it all. Ill trust NNFAN's opinion who has been to every Lebo game and has been following the team for decades now.
How long has he lived in Chicago? Interesting to be an "expert" from such a far distance, or did he just move to Chicago ? I guess you will have to depend on me now for the expert Lebo opinions lol

I'm guessing Lebo has some talent coming up in the pipeline, as Bob Palko isn't "retiring" to "spend more time with family"

I don't know why this angers you so much, I mean i praise your 2000 "erie prep" team which beat 2000 Lebo in the state semis, what is your problem with me not thinking Mt. Lebanon 2021 is the best team since the dynasty Steelers?

YES

timing is EVERYTHING in life, unless you happen to have the best team ever you don't need luck or timing

i don't agree they are better than 99% of PIAA teams, what are you basing that on? seriously they are now the most overrated team in state history for you to make such a claim

i think Pine Richland alone had at least 3 teams over the past 8 years or so that were better, heck i think the Central Catholic team that got steamrolled by St. Joes in 2016 is better too

but like i said TIMING, 2021 Lebo didn't have to go up against Deandre Swift and a dominant line instead played a bunch of sophomores
That claim isn’t as crazy as you think

last year alone there were 553 teams that were in the PIAA. Mt lebanon was ranked #1, higher than every other team.

going back in time, there were tens of thousands of different teams that competed. You could name 20 teams better than 2021 lebo and they’d still be in the top 1%

2017 pine Richland I’ll give you, they are at least a top 3 team in wpial history

Reactions: new2pa
How long has he lived in Chicago? Interesting to be an "expert" from such a far distance, or did he just move to Chicago ? I guess you will have to depend on me now for the expert Lebo opinions lol

I'm guessing Lebo has some talent coming up in the pipeline, as Bob Palko isn't "retiring" to "spend more time with family"

I don't know why this angers you so much, I mean i praise your 2000 "erie prep" team which beat 2000 Lebo in the state semis, what is your problem with me not thinking Mt. Lebanon 2021 is the best team since the dynasty Steelers?
I see all the games thanks to the various online sources... Lebo football network, PCC school broadcast, Maxpreps, Baldwin Fighting Highlander Network, NFHS, local TV broadcasts, etc. Purchased the state title game. Didn't see any (unfortunately) in person but do get to watch multiple times. Attached is the PCC game for example...

Last edited:
That claim isn’t as crazy as you think

last year alone there were 553 teams that were in the PIAA. Mt lebanon was ranked #1, higher than every other team.

going back in time, there were tens of thousands of different teams that competed. You could name 20 teams better than 2021 lebo and they’d still be in the top 1%

2017 pine Richland I’ll give you, they are at least a top 3 team in wpial history
i was actually thinking of state title teams when you said that, if you include every PA team ever maybe they are in the top 1%

I think 2014 and 2020 PR beats Lebo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT