ADVERTISEMENT

High School team

ESG76

Sep 10, 2017

The team conspicuously absent during the National Anthem will be in Hershey this weekend. Will they be allowed to do this there, if anyone knows.

Why is this guy on his phone while the anthem is playing? I don't necessarily support OR disagree with what Gateway did, but isn't messing around on your phone while the anthem is being played also disrespectful?

Reactions: ESG76
Great point Newport.
Half the kids are texting during the anthem, the rest are talking, laughing, eating food and walking around the end zone area.
Ok, half is an exaggeration! But you get my point.
It ain't 1950 anymore.
I'm not a "get of the lawn" guy but times have changed and mostly for the better. Just ask my Cardiologist!

Reactions: newport
Is this a regular thing for this team this year. I know Certain districts have rules stating when a team needs to be on the field. 1950s or not this is disrespectful

So texting, etc. etc during the anthem is not disrespectful?
Hey, don't get me wrong, I hate all of it.
I wish everyone had to due two years active service before ever going to college or the work force.
Some semblance of responsibility to the country we are all very lucky to live in.
I gave four years and most people won't give a single damn day to just do jury duty.
Sorry, I got carried away.

If that was your point then yes I agree With you. The texting and other things you mentioned are disrespectful. I appreciate Your service to our country. My point was that just because times are changing doesn’t make this right. I dont Believe this is strictly. Kids decision. There are adults behind this either putting these ideas in there head or allowing it to happen.

Pennsyltucky, there’s an intelligent well thought out post. Thank you for attempting to answer my question sir.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT