ADVERTISEMENT

Great Valley - Wood

chuvalo

Aug 29, 2008
Has anyone seen Great Valley and Wood play this year? Can anyone give a Great Valley scouting report? Thanks

I think Maxpreps has Great Valley's HUDL hilights for the season...something to take a look at.

I have seen both teams play and I think Wood wins rather easily. Adderly for GV is a very good player and will pose a threat to Wood's secondary like Moore did with Tep. But overall Wood's superior line play will dictate the outcome of this game. Be careful of punting the ball to Adderly he burned Springfield twice, not sure why they kept punting him the ball. GV is a good team just not at Wood's level.

Have seen Great Valley 3 times this year-Buckholz is a terror to block along with their other DE #8. Solid on D but seem to have gotten better in the playoffs. Ellis runs a very good offense and will find your weakness at some point. Their QB Ludwig has been good at not making big mistakes & gets the ball out quickly. The Oline is not very good so I expect that GV will have to throw a lot & spread Wood out to have any chance. Adderly is dangerous & Strang is pretty sure handed. Overall, their O is solid.

I expect that this time of year when games are decided up front that Wood should have no problem controlling the LOS on O, although Buckholz vs. Bates should be a good preview for PSU practices over the next few years. If Wood wants to throw they can b/c GV secondary is average at best. I can't see how they could slow down McClenton behind that Oline as he will be the best back they've faced all year. My prediction is Wood, 48-14.

I'd like to see GV utilize the TE in the passing game against Wood - the Buchholz-Cooper match-up would be fun to watch. How does Bates hold-up against Buchholz on the other side of the ball?

Pulling for GV, but it will be an uphill battle to come out with a W against Wood.

Have seen GV three times; very nice team but does not stack up against AW on either side of the ball.

Agreed. Nice year for them winning D1 at AAA level. Very senior laden team. Saw them vs a one dimensional Rustin and even when you know whats coming and can't stop it, you're in trouble and they were. Also saw them beat DWest but that was just a error filled up and down the field type game. Don't put much stock on beating Shanahan and Springfield Delco I know nothing about - however they did pitch a shutout in a D1 final. AW will be too big and physical and too big game experienced for GV to have a chance.

You gotta love Adderley though; kid can flat out play.

Shades of his grandfather who was one helluva HOF player!

My father always said Herb Adderly was the best high school football player he ever saw & he saw many. Old Northeast High.

NEHS
Lombardi's Packers
Cowboys
HOF

Not a bad career for a local kid!!!!

The grandson is a stud maybe just a shade below grandpops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT