ADVERTISEMENT

Governor's Race

paul from philly

Dec 9, 2010
I watched the debates last night and for the life of me I don't see how Wolf has a 20 pt. lead in the polls. Corbett's getting hammered on education funding and it's more the federal governments fault than anyones. And it seems Wolf has no plan. With a 20 pt. lead, I guess you don't need a plan!!

Paul, now that I'm out of the area, I've never seen Wolf, but did read an article about him and his positions a few months ago. He seems like another robotic liberal candidate with little ability to lead a state. Kind of similar to obama. But I suspect that Corbett has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

In 20 years, I wonder if the state income tax in PA will be substantially higher than the current 3.07%. Pennsylvania has lived off the clueless liberal neighboring states, Maryland and New Jersey who drive people out with his costs of living and subpar government. Add New York to the list too, as thousands of people have left Long Island for the Easton-East Stroudsburg area. The strange part is that some of these new residents leave because of high taxes put into place by liberals yet still vote for the clowns.

Paul / NJ -

Rendell did use federal stimulus on the heels of the recession to artificially fund the educational budgets. At that time, he even indicated that it was a short term fix and that inevitably, the problem would need to be addressed. The person that had no choice but to address it was Corbett. Difficult decisions need to be made and they were. Unfortunately, it was viewed as a slash and cut scenario to save money in lieu of other items. It wasn't, Corbett's ad is accurate, he has put more money into education than Rendell and when Wolf gets voted in, he will be faced with the same dilemma (educational funding). Now, Wolf will say 'let's tax the Marcellus gas providers'. That's fine, but when you do, they will instinctively cut production so they can't be taxed as there is an over supply. Then what happens ... well, the companies lay off employees and contractors and that tax base is gone and the taxable gas revenue itself is cut off. So, no taxes for schools or anything else. Can't wait for more hope and change.

On a philosophical note as it relates to this, school choice among public, private, parochial, charter and independents will force competition and efficiency thereby lowering costs. And frankly, my opinion is the product will be better. Your property tax dollars should follow your children while they are in school to whatever school they choose.

Good points, Roxy. I am sure that the local media (Inquirer, 3, 6, and 10) reported those facts exactly as they were! Yeah right.

I agree with your scenario on when wolf takes over. It just sounds like more incompetent liberal financial policy. Broken record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT