ADVERTISEMENT

Good for McDevitt

CYOBALL1

Jul 20, 2012
I am happy for Coach Watkins and his McDevitt squad. Off to a 4-0 start and took down Cardinal O'Hara this past weekend.
Coach Watkins has some young talent on that roster. PCL Blue title is most likely out of reach this season however they have some solid building blocks set for future success.

O'Hara, however, might have set the record for the weakest preseason schedule in the PCL ever.

If McDevitt beats NG this week and they get more production from the QB they can run the table. QB is 4-20-76 in 4 games, but there still 4-0 is all that matters.

If McDevitt beats NG this week and they get more production from the QB they can run the table. QB is 4-20-76 in 4 games, but there still 4-0 is all that matters.
I want more than anything for a McDevitt win against NG, but I would not be at all surprised if NG has a very dominate performance this week. McDevitt just doesn't have the horses to keep pace with them. I am however very impressed with their performance thus far. I saw Jaron Macon transferred to NG from McDevitt and had a 80 yard gain against Northeast. He was one of their best players ,but he knew he wouldn't be getting the pass receptions this year at McD,so Albie snatched him up.

I want more than anything for a McDevitt win against NG, but I would not be at all surprised if NG has a very dominate performance this week. McDevitt just doesn't have the horses to keep pace with them. I am however very impressed with their performance thus far. I saw Jaron Macon transferred to NG from McDevitt and had a 80 yard gain against Northeast. He was one of their best players ,but he knew he wouldn't be getting the pass receptions this year at McD,so Albie snatched him up.

The WR you mentioned left BM after football season last year and enrolled at North Penn for the second semester. Not sure what happened there. There's more to the story, but I'll keep it to myself.

BM's start is very encouraging and great to see. Their HC is a good dude and I like seeing him do well. With that said, I think this week is tough if NG can at least marginally cut back on some of mistakes that have plagued them in their first two games. Which is not surprising considering they didn't play their first game until everyone else was moving onto game #3. Also, none of these kids have really played with one another. Still, the skill position threats are going to be hard for BM to contain. They need to shorten the game and be as clean as possible to stay within striking distance.

On paper, BM is probably only the fourth best team on the PCL Blue, IMO. So, running the table is a bit ambitious. But time will tell...

Burrs, how would you rank the PCL Blue division right now? It seems there is going to be a lot of competitive league games, which is obviously a great thing to see.

I think CEC beats McDevitt and O'Hara but the last three weeks have been rough.

Huck : did last weeks WC shutout over CEC surprise you at all? CEC played Episcopal tough for the 2nd straight season for 3 quarters. Obviously it was a revenge game for WC but I was expecting more of a closer game. How do you see CEC going forward the rest of the way?

Garwo, and Mitchell should still pose enough of a threat to get by most of the division...

I think CEC beats McDevitt and O'Hara but the last three weeks have been rough.

Huck : did last weeks WC shutout over CEC surprise you at all? CEC played Episcopal tough for the 2nd straight season for 3 quarters. Obviously it was a revenge game for WC but I was expecting more of a closer game. How do you see CEC going forward the rest of the way?

Garwo, and Mitchell should still pose enough of a threat to get by most of the division...

Dada, yes the final score did surprise me very much. Going in I thought it was going to be a tight game and that CE possibly had the edge. West was missing two starting LBs and was down to their 3rd RB. Tho, I don't think there is a huge difference between the three. When focused and disciplined West is capable of good defensive outings. No way I thought it would get to 38-0 proportions. It was scoreless after the 1st QT, but Egan turned the ball over on a errant pitch. I believe the RB went in the wrong direction on a option play to short side of the field. There was a scramble for the ball and when the dust had settled West scooped it and scored. It was downhill for Egan from here. A three-and-out and another West score, then a blocked punt and another score made it 24-0 at the half. Defensively they kept C-E under wraps and added two more scores in the 2nd half. It wasn't pretty. C-E only had 64 yards on 48 plays.

The key to Egan, who is young at some positions, is to value and protect the ball. Tho they are a run mostly team it's a high risk offense, IMO. A lot of pitches and QB reads that sometimes leads to turnovers. Early on against West they seemed to go with a more traditional look by using Garwo with a fullback in front of him. They fumbled on an early drive that ended a potential scoring chance near the WC 20-yard line. Talent wise I think they are no worse than the 3rd best team in the league. They have decent to good line play on both sides of the ball. Their back 7 on defense isn't firm. With everything being even they should beat BM and CO. NG? We'll see about that, but if they run it well and hold onto it, then they can hang around, I think. Need to get that confidence headed in the right direction and I think this week should help them here. SV was undermanned tremendously against them last year and I assume that will be the case in this go-around.

Dada, yes the final score did surprise me very much. Going in I thought it was going to be a tight game and that CE possibly had the edge. West was missing two starting LBs and was down to their 3rd RB. Tho, I don't think there is a huge difference between the three. When focused and disciplined West is capable of good defensive outings. No way I thought it would get to 38-0 proportions. It was scoreless after the 1st QT, but Egan turned the ball over on a errant pitch. I believe the RB went in the wrong direction on a option play to short side of the field. There was a scramble for the ball and when the dust had settled West scooped it and scored. It was downhill for Egan from here. A three-and-out and another West score, then a blocked punt and another score made it 24-0 at the half. Defensively they kept C-E under wraps and added two more scores in the 2nd half. It wasn't pretty. C-E only had 64 yards on 48 plays.

The key to Egan, who is young at some positions, is to value and protect the ball. Tho they are a run mostly team it's a high risk offense, IMO. A lot of pitches and QB reads that sometimes leads to turnovers. Early on against West they seemed to go with a more traditional look by using Garwo with a fullback in front of him. They fumbled on an early drive that ended a potential scoring chance near the WC 20-yard line. Talent wise I think they are no worse than the 3rd best team in the league. They have decent to good line play on both sides of the ball. Their back 7 on defense isn't firm. With everything being even they should beat BM and CO. NG? We'll see about that, but if they run it well and hold onto it, then they can hang around, I think. Need to get that confidence headed in the right direction and I think this week should help them here. SV was undermanned tremendously against them last year and I assume that will be the case in this go-around.
I think West Catholic wins the Blue Division ,but

West Catholic and NG by a mile here. If Albie gets NG straightened out they will be a tough out.

NG is the best team in the blue division.. They will run the table. NG is behind due to scheduling not athletes

NG is the best team in the blue division.. They will run the table. NG is behind due to scheduling not athletes

They also continue to add players two weeks into school. Roster #3 has been submitted. Two weeks out from that game so it's too early to forecast. More dudes might be added :)

Being off for two weeks has more than likely stunted some growth for them. True. Also, these kids have never played with each other before, so I'll assume that is a factor here.

Reactions: TDjones22
On paper NG is much stronger than WC and would most likely be favorites to win that match up. I wouldn't look past WC though.

Huck, is there a deadline to add players to rosters?

I don't think so. Could be a pivotal week with Irish Weekend going on down at North Wildwood. Big money weekend for a certain establishment that might have interest here. Hopefully, the hurricanes stay away.

The biggest difference between WC/NG right now is that NG has a few score-at-any-given-moment type players and WC doesn't. The Saints can put themselves in a 3rd-28 hole and then unleash a 60-yard TD. WC has proven to be good-to-very good defensively so far. This should help. Need to play cleaner football, tho. Need NG to be the more undisciplined team.

Burrs, how would you rank the PCL Blue division right now? It seems there is going to be a lot of competitive league games, which is obviously a great thing to see.

I overlooked this yesterday....

NG
WC
CE
BM
CO
LC
BP

They also continue to add players two weeks into school. Roster #3 has been submitted. Two weeks out from that game so it's too early to forecast. More dudes might be added :)

Being off for two weeks has more than likely stunted some growth for them. True. Also, these kids have never played with each other before, so I'll assume that is a factor here.
NG looked like the Tep team vs So. Fayette in the title game when they payed Lincoln. They desperately need cohesion ,or WC will win the Division. Absolutely true that they have the best talent hands down.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
NG looked like the Tep team vs So. Fayette in the title game when they payed Lincoln. They desperately need cohesion ,or WC will win the Division. Absolutely true that they have the best talent hands down.

Goretti never played Lincoln.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT