ADVERTISEMENT

Garnet vs. Cville...

Oct 15, 2018
This game will be VERY interesting, I have a feeling it will be a dogfight. Garnet should have won the game last year...they're looking for revenge.

If garnet can keep the cville offense off the field, this will be a game. Defensively for garnet, they have both their corners back, outside backer, and a defensive line who is faster than last years.

The coaches at garnet are cooking something up...

Clash of two opposite styles of football!!

Any thoughts???

Weather again could be an issue. Rain early for Friday in forecast and a good part of week leading up. Looks like the NP/DTW contest is destined for NP’s playoff home away from home-Wissahickon if the forecast holds.

Could the weather be a benefit for GV? I’d think so

Such a clash of styles offensively-but one common theme is they both play good defense.

Can GV eliminate the explosive plays from Coatesville? Can GV create any explosive plays themselves outside of their wall punts?
Can CVille stop the veer and force turnovers?

This is going to be one heck of a game. Planning to get their early, both teams bring a lot of fans wherever they play.

CV 42-14

Coach Ortega's defense will stop the veer, they have been playing very well.
CV's offense too explosive.

I know CVille has been watching film after film and practicing against the veer for the past few weeks. My son is constantly watching HUDL game film of his keys and their scheme. I know CVille Dline and LB's are a bigger and faster group than last year up front as well. The player that they are glad to see not there this year is Danny Guy. I do know that much.

Here’s my keys to this game. Garnet Valley must limit Coatesville to a maximum of 8 possessions, ideally 7. They must cause at least one turnover and one punt. A minimum of two stops on the 7 or 8 possessions.

If I’m Garnet Valley I’m not playing this game at all in a traditional way. Coatesville too good and explosive. Primary focus is to keep the football. Run as much clock as possible in between plays, punt the ball only in direst situations (4 and 5 or longer inside your own 35) and attempt to make this a possession math problem. Garnet will want slow methodical drives, ball control and no turnovers.

Thing is of all the staffs out there this is the one that will figure this out exactly and their best(maybe only) path to victory. A lot of smart people on that sideline. Not just football smart.

That being said it will have to break just right. Coatesville that good and bad matchup for GV secondary. As always GV much better then earlier in season but my sense is they aren’t as talented as last year and Coatesville is better then last year. I also think one of the biggest factors is Coatesville played them last year. If that had not happened I would give GV even bigger chance.

Very hard for 17 year old kids to take to heart how important discipline is in defending this and how it’s not a normal defensive week. Almost takes seeing it and getting walloped before kids see oh that’s why Coach said that. Coatesville very aware from last year. I say it’s 42-28 Coatesville. This game would scare hell outta me if I was Ortega because Ricci and his guys will know they can’t just do what they do and win this game. This is going to be crazy well thought out with all the stops pulled out.,

GV is one tough out; Red Raiders have the edge on talent, but the GV staff will have their boys ready.

Simply put, If GV has any chance at all, they cannot trail in this game because they cannot match up from a skill position POV and be predictable in the pass game. The talent simply is not there, I don’t care how smart the coaches are.

CV 34 GV 21

I think Garnet Valley & the style of football they play matches up better with Coatesville than ANY other D-1 team. If you can attack Coatesville anywhere it's between the tackles, which is what GV did effectively last year. But when it comes to this year versus last year I look at 3 things:
1- Coatesville is even better this year, they haven't even played a 4-quarter game this year (this week may be the first). Last year Central Dauphin beat them & got played very tough by one of the D-Town's. This year they obliterated those same opponents.
2- I think Garnet Valley is a notch below their team from last year. Radnor isn't going to blow your doors off, & fellow Ches-Mont team Unionville dispatched them last week. Radnor probably outplayed Garnet Valley in what I believe was an OT loss.
3- The game is in Coatesville, I have to think that will count for something.

I see a 42-21 or 42-28 type of game Coatesville. (This game will be closer than the D-1 Championship game).

I'm not seeing the "genius" label of the GV staff. Do not get me wrong, they are wonderfully coached, well disciplined, and very immersed in the minute details of the game. They are also supremely confident in their system and firmly believe that if they execute, no one can stop them ( including Coatesville). They remind me of the old CBWest teams in that regard. But they are going to do what they do best, and theyve been doing it for years. I do not see them making any drastic changes in strategy as they will win or lose with what got them here.

And I may be in the minority, but I think bad weather hurts GV more than it helps them. The fames they have struggled this year offensively have been in bad weather games. They can be a bit sloppy with the ball. especially in wet conditions.

Reactions: Concretechuck
I'm not seeing the "genius" label of the GV staff. Do not get me wrong, they are wonderfully coached, well disciplined, and very immersed in the minute details of the game. They are also supremely confident in their system and firmly believe that if they execute, no one can stop them ( including Coatesville). They remind me of the old CBWest teams in that regard. But they are going to do what they do best, and theyve been doing it for years. I do not see them making any drastic changes in strategy as they will win or lose with what got them here.

And I may be in the minority, but I think bad weather hurts GV more than it helps them. The fames they have struggled this year offensively have been in bad weather games. They can be a bit sloppy with the ball. especially in wet conditions.
I like Coatesville in a blow out; way too much talent and they won’t be fooled or pushed around. The other game should be tighter; I think this is the year of a Chesmont final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT