ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom 28 Emmaus 27

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
In the de facto D11 championship game, Freedom knocked off Emmaus 28-27, avenging their 19-13 loss in week 1 of the regular season. I appreciate them making me look smart for saying on here that despite their two close losses, I thought they still were probably the most talented team in D11. They’ll play Parkland for a D11 championship next week.

Freedom overcame a 21-12 deficit with two second half touchdowns, then stopped Emmaus on a two point conversion in the final minutes as the Green Hornets attempted to take a lead rather than kick the extra point. It is Emmaus’s third straight loss to Freedom in the playoffs, including the 2018 and 2021 D11 finals. All three years Emmaus won the regular season match up.

Love the parity in D11. Congrats to Freedom.
The current Big 12 is a good comparison for D11 right now. They don’t have a team thats competing for a state title, but they have a healthy depth of the next level down, which gets you a bunch of good football games - and also means that they cannibalize each other during the year.

This season, Nazareth, Emmaus, Freedom, and Parkland all beat each other in close games, save for Parkland taking some lumps when their quarterback, running back, and best receiver missed time with injuries. Freedom dropped two really close ones early to Emmaus and Nazareth, but is humming late with what I think is the best roster of any of that four.

Edit - Freedom’s other loss is Parkland, they were the only team in the regular season to beat Nazareth. Will be another revenge game in the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT