ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Whippets 20 - 'Skins 14

PA2CAMoleskinner

Sep 18, 2007
Well - so far it's been pretty much D-Town West. A few moments of excitement for our guys but generally it's been the visitors controlling the tempo and pace. That's about it.

I'm not seeing the much improved team others have talked about. If not for a TD called back it would be 27-7. Neshaminy line on both sides not getting it done.

I agree that it seems somewhat flat out there. Sounds like a really tough pass interference call on Neshaminy just now (this happened on another play that put the Whippets at the five and then a score).

Course I'm listening on the radio.

Yo - big fumble and turn over by Downingtown as Neshaminy recovers at their own 15.

A three and out and then 'Skins punt. Tredway then picks off first Whippet pass but tough spot at their own one with eight minutes to go in fourth.

Remember "next score wins" when you and your buds were exhausted after a day of sandlot ball - well, that's what we got here.

Last edited:
How was that spot at the Tredway pick? There were a few tough calls that didn't help the Skins. Tredway interference was a great defensive play. Bad spot by refs on that 4th and 1. I question Wilmot running 2 dives into the line at the end. The Neshaminy line was not up to the task on either side of the ball.

Just got back from the game. Dtown West is very good. Very inmpressive. Scary on offense. If Coatesville and Dtown East are better than them, then they must be really good.

Neshaminy was unprepared for the hurry up offense. West was lined up and the Skins were running around. West went straight to the line and the Skins had their backs to the line taking their time. It cost them several plays in the first half. The Whippets line was much better than I thought and had their way in the first half on both sides of the ball. Big play on the second play of the first drive by Riddick, about 80 yds up the gut. Not a good way to start. Riddick was help in check the rest of the way, but Barr and Mattioni hurt them. Mattioni was very good and Barr is just scary every time he touches the ball. On the TD to Alleyne that was called back, Tredway got turned around but their was a hold. With holding it is hard to know if that is what gave them time to make that play or not.

Jones was short on two long passes, one Tredway and one to Hughes when both guys had the defense beat by a few steps and had to pull up and allow the defenders to make the play. The other Alleyne who plays DB did a nice job on Hughes, but Tredway gave the Whippets a hard time until the prevent defense at the end when they had doubled everyone deep.
Redskin play calling was puzzling. They were having success running the ball in the second half with a fullback/hback and two TEs for Dogba and they got short yardage two yards and immediately subbed out the bruisers for the wideouts I guess trying to spread the D, and gave it to Dogba who was stopped in the backfield. They really only had consistent running when the heavies were in as the line was beaten a good part of the night.

Also, why not throw a fade or slant to those big wideouts? It seemed like fly, bubble (not many) or nothing.

One interesting thing I noticed was that they kicked away from Tredway after last weeks performance, but after Hughes'40 yd return they started squibbing it. I think Neshaminy will see a lot of squibbs this year.

I guess the Chesmont League will produce the public school to challenge Prep/LaSalle or Parkland in the semis. It looks like Coatesville and the two Downingtown's are better than Neshaminy and Pennsbury and probably North Penn (I guess I am discounting Pennridge and maybe CBSouth there though).

I was very surprised at the ease with which West was able to beat up the Skins in the first half. Kudos to Neshaminy for not quitting and having a chance to put together a 2 minute drill to win. It failed, but the opportunity was there.

I wasn't happy with the officiating, but their angle may have been better than mine. That said, West was just better.

I wasn't happy with the officiating, but their angle may have been better than mine. That said, West was just better.
Great win by the Whippets although it didn't need to be a nailbiter. Questionable playcalling by Milano, the fumble on the shovel pass inside the 10 could have doomed them if not for the way their D played. Yes theres a D in D-town!. Throwing into double coverage on their next offensive play after stopping Nesh not too bright either. Thought it would have been time for a little ball control, move the chains with Riddick, kill some clock. Officiating wasn't the best, a tad homerish if anything, particularly on spotting the ball, however the pass interferences were legit. Nesh had bigger line but lost the battle in the trenches. Mattioni, Barr and Riddick all played well but it was the D that got them the win.

Agree with many of the points, thought the game was a little sloppy and disjointed. It appeared one-sided at half and thought whippets should have been up more but Skins outplayed Whippets in 2nd and almost pulled it out. Won't be surprised to see them meet again (hopefully at Dwest's faster track:)

ChesMont, why complain about the officials? You won the game, and you always have too much emotion invested with your opinions in DTW games. I didn't see any advantage for Neshaminy with officials. You had a great spot on Neshaminy's 4th down, turnover on downs. I don't root for Neshaminy, just like their game atmospheres. I hope CRS beats them next week.

That said, DTW was the better team and had multiple chances to put the game away. I was impressed with them. D1 is shaping up with the Ches-Mont having the overall strongest teams, although I still think Upper Dublin get the #1 seed. They are a guarantee to go 10-0.

Skins outplayed on both sides of ball, but they had enough in the tank to almost pull off the comeback. Dtown's QB is one heck of a player who should only get better throughout the season. Skins' #1 TD catch was a play of the week nominee.

ChesMont, why complain about the officials? You won the game, and you always have too much emotion invested with your opinions in DTW games. I didn't see any advantage for Neshaminy with officials. You had a great spot on Neshaminy's 4th down, turnover on downs. I don't root for Neshaminy, just like their game atmospheres. I hope CRS beats them next week.

No complaining Fletch, just made the same comment as Iron Marsall

That said, DTW was the better team and had multiple chances to put the game away. I was impressed with them. D1 is shaping up with the Ches-Mont having the overall strongest teams, although I still think Upper Dublin get the #1 seed. They are a guarantee to go 10-0.

Relayer - Besides U Dublin I think we need to add PV and possibly Ridley to that mix. The good thing is that we have all the league games to go. I would not be surprised if Cville, DEast and West all get 1 league loss too. It's good that we have a wide open scenario for the D1 AAAA champion.

The SOL is out of it because Skins 20-14 lost to DT East and Falcons lost to LaSalle 14-0? Wow....tough crowd. Ha...but we're so early into this thing knowing how teams develop-evolve, impact of injuries....etc. Unless you guys think Upper Dublin is chump change the SOL is a long way from out of it. Pennsbury-LaSalle....what a game and NPenn put some points up against West Cath in a win.

DTW; they will rout a bad Mifflin Cty team then Kennett getting the O super charged against that group before Coatesville.

DTE: Here we go....North Penn coming in!

Coats: Roman and Henderson before DTW

Uville: Thought they might be the wildcard with so much back. May still get there but were wailed on by Exeter 31-13, 71rush, 10-1st downs.

DTE-North Penn should be a good one next week.

ChesmontLeague1, can you send me a text? Somehow I don't see you under my contacts.

Some nice observations. And that was a very nice catch by Tredway (as I saw on "The Big Ticket" coverage).

Then I'm not throwing in the towel just yet as had they been able to score at the end, and taken this one 21-20, we'd be whistling a slightly different tune (but can't be losing these six pointers -- ouch). But I do add it did "feel" like D-Town was up the food chain (notwithstanding the final seeing them separated by just a score). I guess we can let this one slide; however, can't be doing this again (coming out flat, getting in a hole and then trying to make up for it only works so many times).

Next week is CR South on the road (and we better not be looking past them).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT