ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone picks for comberland valley.

Hausmann1978

May 5, 2021
1. Prep (biggest blow out of them all)
2. Pine Richland
3. allquippa (will be the best game)
4. Belle Vernon
5. Westinghouse (1st pits. City league to win since 89)
6. Steel high

agreed with all except 5A, Imhotep was my preseason pick so i'll stick with them and because I know it upsets you when i change my mind on PR so i'm just trying to keep the peace haha

1. Prep (biggest blow out of them all)
2. Pine Richland
3. allquippa (will be the best game)
4. Belle Vernon
5. Westinghouse (1st pits. City league to win since 89)
6. Steel high
No fair Haus, haven't done my work yet so here's shooting from the hip.

6A SJP definitely more but respect Harrisburg's talent to be competitive.
5A Pine-ICS, toss up. Cocalico didn't stress out PR enough, not a good test
4A Quips look absolutely fearsome, so does McDevitt. Toss up.
3A BV over New-G
2A Westinghouse is something if they can survive the shock and subsequent shocks of Tiger Ball!
1A Rollers!

6A-Yawn, SJP by 21 but Harrisburg will at least keep them from scoring 48 straight points to start the game (I hope...)
5A-I'll go PR in a close game. Could go either way but it seems like staff at PR has figured it out.
4A-I'll ride the McDevitt train like I have been all year. This game will be a war, wish I could see it live.
3A-Belle Vernon, espeically since NG will be without their top RB
2A-So. Columbia has been here before and will figure it out again.
1A-Steel High, Roll, Rollers roll.

6A - St Joseph’s Prep
5A - Imhotep
4A - Bishop McDevitt
3A - Belle Vernon
2A - Southern Columbia
1A - Steelton-Highspire

Reactions: LenEshmont
Harrisburg beat an undefeated State college. Last yr we didn’t give ML a shot.
many people in the WPIAL thought Lebo had a great shot last year, we all said SJP was young and it wasn't one of their better teams

many people in the WPIAL thought Lebo had a great shot last year, we all said SJP was young and it wasn't one of their better teams
I looked back on this forum because I was curious my self. I didn’t see a single post saying Lebo would win. After they beat NA twice I kinda figured they would win

I looked back on this forum because I was curious my self. I didn’t see a single post saying Lebo would win. After they beat NA twice I kinda figured they would win
most of the people here are from the east

most in the wpial thought they had a great chance

6A: SJP-The heavyweight match won't be much of a match at all.
5A: Tep
4A: McDevitt
3A: Belle Vernon
2A: SC (Hard to pick against them-love what the Westinghouse coach has done building a program)
1A: Union-I don't know anything about either team, but Union's story is great-love to see a new team on the block.

Last edited:
McDevitt takes it, 41-18.

The Rollers won as well.

I think that's D3 2 - rest of state 0 (so far)

I still think that is Aliquippa's best team ever

Mcdevitt has a great team, much improved over last year

I still think that is Aliquippa's best team ever

Mcdevitt has a great team, much improved over last year
On paper maybe

I was definitely let down by the quips this season

Considering the talent they brought back after winning the state championship last year, they should have mercy ruled everyone

On paper maybe

I was definitely let down by the quips this season

Considering the talent they brought back after winning the state championship last year, they should have mercy ruled everyone
what past Aliquippa team was better? keep in mind the other ones played smaller competition

sometimes teams like that get a little cocky and take it easy during the season or they run up the score, they were impressive in the playoffs

what past Aliquippa team was better? keep in mind the other ones played smaller competition

sometimes teams like that get a little cocky and take it easy during the season or they run up the score, they were impressive in the playoffs
I was gonna say the Darrelle Revis team but yeah I forgot they used to play in lower divisions. This team will have to do for now

But going into this season I thought quip was going to be an one of the best all time WPIAL teams, considering they won states and essentially their entire team was coming back

Really didn’t expect them to pretty much get dominated against Bishop Mcdevitt. That’s why i was underwhelmed

McDevitt takes it, 41-18.

The Rollers won as well.

I think that's D3 2 - rest of state 0 (so far)
Well as soon as I saw Aliquippa roll out in the offset I running power / counter / toss... obviously that out-dated offense wasn't going to win a State Championship - but seriously, when you are a power running team and the other team's nose tackle is the best player on the field, you're in trouble. #55, Robell, was the MVP of that game.

Reactions: lilromeo
Law's team won a AA title back when we had 4 classes.

I'd venture to say that some of those 2A teams back then probably would be small 4A or large 3A teams now.

Gilbert's AAA team was ranked #2 in the country in 1988 even though they lost in the state final against Berwick.

This NG offense is tough to watch.

Just brutal there at the end; kudos to BV for battling to the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Too bad they weren't at full strength with their brain dead running back suspended for the game for fighting. I'm sure they're a different team with something other than freshman Rbs back there.
I saw the close up video of the ejection and while you can’t react at all, no matter what, in that situation, the Wyomissing player put him in a VERY bad situation. I expected the punch to be more egregious than it was.

Too bad they weren't at full strength with their brain dead running back suspended for the game for fighting. I'm sure they're a different team with something other than freshman Rbs back there.
Their suspended RB is their offense. Another horrible final for coach.

Reactions: Stalker
6A-Yawn, SJP by 21 but Harrisburg will at least keep them from scoring 48 straight points to start the game (I hope...)
5A-I'll go PR in a close game. Could go either way but it seems like staff at PR has figured it out.
4A-I'll ride the McDevitt train like I have been all year. This game will be a war, wish I could see it live.
3A-Belle Vernon, espeically since NG will be without their top RB
2A-So. Columbia has been here before and will figure it out again.
1A-Steel High, Roll, Rollers roll.
not-a-fan... winner winner chicken dinner!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT