ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern state finals should be played @...

district1elite

Nov 3, 2017
The Linc!! Philadelphia super site is getting old...

Last years games for example:
SJP vs Coatesville at the Linc would be DOPE
Wood vs Unionville
Imhotep vs Bethlehem Catholic

Considering Temple currently pays 1mil a year to rent the Linc, the PIAA will never put out that kind of money. Have to keep in mind the east finals in 6A and 5A will involve D3 this year.

Villanova or where the Union plays and honestly, if Downingtown would agree to host, I love Kottemeyer. No track so you are pretty close to the action. Site lines are great.

Reactions: MPChesco
I'm not sure who the "host" district is this year, but I'd have to imagine that if D-3 is hosting, the game will be at Hershey Park (they host the D3 finals, typically).
Not sure what the PIAA has in mind for a host site in D-1. If Coatesville isn't in the game, they'd be a logical host. If it is Coatesville, Kottmeyer makes sense to me. Maybe Widener?
The Prep and their fans should probably go ahead an make hotel reservations in Altoona for the West final weekend. I'd imagine that game is a lock to be played there.

D-3 already said the district final won't be at the dump known as Her Pk Stad. Haven't heard where?

If it will be D1 and D3 in Eastern Final, how about Reading? I think they played a couple games at the Reading Phillies stadium a few weeks ago. That's in D3 territory but still close to western suburbs of D1.

If it will be D1 and D3 in Eastern Final, how about Reading? I think they played a couple games at the Reading Phillies stadium a few weeks ago. That's in D3 territory but still close to western suburbs of D1.
How hard can it be to find a decent HS/college field with acceptable parking and reasonable cost? Doesn't have to be $-Nova. The guys just want to play.

West Chester University. Bottom line is that District 1 is willing to rent out Temple or Villanova's arena's for 6A Hoops Championship, but doesn't spend the cash for 6A Football. Nova is the logical spot, centrally located, has turf. PW is a nice field for PW vs. Upper Dublin, but not a District final.

All games that deep in playoffs must be played on turf. I assume all the college stadiums mentioned have adjustable goalposts to accommodate high school heights and widths?

PIAA needs to make hosting these events more attractive. Now, the host gets the snack bar, that's it. Plus you have to provide staffing that gets paid through PIAA.

Why does it have to be on turf ? WPIall plays on grass at Heinz field over two days and it seems to work out fine. Oh , by the way Mr. Laurie , the Steelers let them use it for free .

That's considered district playoffs, not state playoffs. I'm 99% sure state playoffs must be on turf.

Correct Relayer, technically all the games are state playoff games. However district championship games trump state games in order to crown a district champion. That's where grass comes into play with home field advantage. PIAA won't choose grass for neutral site games.

Reactions: Relayer
Correct Relayer, technically all the games are state playoff games. However district championship games trump state games in order to crown a district champion. That's where grass comes into play with home field advantage. PIAA won't choose grass for neutral site games.

Sir, you are correct. I get the feeling D1 went back to the higher seed hosting because it was a hassle finding worthy neutral sites.

I don't like the idea of home field advantage for district championship games. IMO, seeding can be skewed by the point system (especially in D1). I vote Relayer to seed the 16 teams on his merit :)

Reactions: Fletchster1
District 1 is an embarrassment with how they run the playoffs. The Coatesville Garnet Valley Championship game was a joke. The away side holds about 20 people. North Penn has two port a johns on the visitors side and the field is a nightmare. The district needs to start doing what is right for the kids instead of trying to save $$$.

The PIAA is all about making as much money as they possibly can. They don't want to make it for anyone else. I struggle to understand why basketball games are hosted by Villanova and Temple, need security, parking and workers for these games. What makes football different? Is it because it is over the Thanksgiving holiday so time and a half needs to be paid? The PIAA is one of the most poorly organized, poorly run and corrupt organizations in the United States of America. From the rulings they make that hurt kids as opposed to helping them. Administrators of sports that make up rules that make no sense. EXAMPLE: Pitchers windup rule in baseball makes no sense. Has no benefit an dgives no benefit to the batter or the pitcher if he is turned slightly sideways or not. The PIAA should concentrate on finding ways to clinic or educate their officials better so that they can better officiate games. The officiating is the worst it has ever been and officials in football and basketball can barely keep up with the pace of play anymore. Maybe the PIAA should figure out a way to attract more people to become officials because the lack of officials also seems to be an issue. Finally, back to the topic. Hosts only want to host games if their is a benefit of hosting the games. Concessions as your only form of revenue when everyone coming to State semifinals and finals is paying $5 bucks doesn't seem to be worth the trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT