ADVERTISEMENT

Early D1 AAAAAA favorite?

Tough call b/c I think GV has the experience from last season and a staff that's been there before. Coatesville same thing but maybe a year younger than GV. If their line play improves they're the most dangerous team in SEPA outside of the PCL. North Penn needs to figure out the D and they will but will it be good enough to beat either GV or the 'Ville? DEast plays a physical style of football that plays well in the playoffs but can they play enough D to contend? Ridley is not even close and may struggle to get in let alone make any noise.

I'll say in order: Coatesville, GV, North Penn, DEast with Pennridge being a sleeper.

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
Kind of early to call only 3 weeks in. Lots of undefeated teams that wouldn't be considered like CB West, Truman, and Bensalem.

I will say Downingtown East v Coatesville winner is favorite. I think being down 21-0 and coming back to win says a lot about Downingtown East.

Just taking quess, but 16 playoff teams in no particular order:

1DT East
2 Coatesville
3 North Penn
4 CB South
5 Pennridge
6 Garnet Valley
7 Haverford
8 Ridley
9 Neshaminy
10 Pennsbury
11 Abington
12 Bensalem v Truman winner
13 Spring Ford
14 Perk Valley
15 OJR
16 Quakertown vs HH winner

I like a GV-North Penn rematch. I think both programs are well-oiled machines. Plus, I think they have the best two coaching staffs in D1. Therefore, they'll also be two of the most improved teams from the beginning of the year to playoff time.

Kind of early to call only 3 weeks in. Lots of undefeated teams that wouldn't be considered like CB West, Truman, and Bensalem.

I will say Downingtown East v Coatesville winner is favorite. I think being down 21-0 and coming back to win says a lot about Downingtown East.

Just taking quess, but 16 playoff teams in no particular order:

1DT East
2 Coatesville
3 North Penn
4 CB South
5 Pennridge
6 Garnet Valley
7 Haverford
8 Ridley
9 Neshaminy
10 Pennsbury
11 Abington
12 Bensalem v Truman winner
13 Spring Ford
14 Perk Valley
15 OJR
16 Quakertown vs HH winner
Bucks - Great list but should DWest been in the top 15 after the Neshaminy win?

Bucks - Great list but should DWest been in the top 15 after the Neshaminy win?

My list is just 16 who I think make it. I think DT West is 17th when said and done. Definitely could be wrong. I figure they lose to DT East, Coatesville, and Shanahan making them 6-4 and with the amount of 5A teams they play they fall short of power points. Again this is just my take on it. They could easily be in and remove Abington, Bensalem, or Truman.

My list is just 16 who I think make it. I think DT West is 17th when said and done. Definitely could be wrong. I figure they lose to DT East, Coatesville, and Shanahan making them 6-4 and with the amount of 5A teams they play they fall short of power points. Again this is just my take on it. They could easily be in and remove Abington, Bensalem, or Truman.
Good point on the DWest schedule. Friday's game w Cville at DWest will be a good barometer of West playoff chances. I agree that Cville and DEast are probably the best 2 in the league and this is the best Shanahan defense (IMO) since they bought back football around 16 years ago. Not sure if the Eagles have enough to beat Whippets though.

That is a great list. Top 7 should get in. If Ridley loses to Marple or Springfield they may not get in due to power points. If they lose to both, they are done. Neshaminy maybe overrated but they play too many 6A teams to be left out. 7-3 will get them in but I expect an early exit. Abington is a head scratcher. I thought they would be better. Bensalem is not very good so I will take Truman there. Springford, believe it or not, may not get in. They play Exeter this week and still have Perk Valley. 6-4 and maybe even 7-3 kicks them out due to 5A schools and schools like Methacton who won't win a game. Not sure about OJR. Figure they will lose to Springford and Perk Valley but if they trip up to a Boyertown or someone else than they maybe out. Either way they will be road kill for a top seed. Not sure about either of the last two seeds but believe DWest is probably better than both. What about CB West? CB South would be my darkhorse. They seem to be playing really well. Only time will tell. Hope all teams stay healthy!!

Reactions: JHoops
This might be the year Truman finally gets in. At worst they should go 3-3 in the conference, and Souderton is beatable. Should finish anywhere between 6-4 and 8-2. CBWest is playing well, but has some tough league games starting this week. I don't think Abington gets in. They beat 2 awful teams and will lose to Pennsbury, Neshaminy and North Penn for starters.

North penn in but out early, thinking round 2. To much upheaval, to many individuals, to many lenape valley coaches on the staff, to many problem children. Coach tired of the mess, job not easy anymore. Enthusiasm gone, fire not lit!

Man people are blasting coaches today. Dick Beck is a great coach. He gets a lot out of his kids. Public schools can have slump seasons, but North Penn hasn't under him. Think after this week vs Pennridge we will know how good they are.

Bensalem beating Abington was a big win. I figure they beat both Council Rocks and get in at 6-4 worst case. Abington though may now be on outside looking in.

CB West is now in good shape. Need to not slip up against CB East or Souderton.

Thanks MDW. Did they just add those links, didn't see them over the weekend. Regardless, much easier to follow now.

North penn in but out early, thinking round 2. To much upheaval, to many individuals, to many lenape valley coaches on the staff, to many problem children. Coach tired of the mess, job not easy anymore. Enthusiasm gone, fire not lit!

Cover

Cover you seem to know NP
NP is NP... Beck can win the games he is eared marked to do so but when it counts comes up short. Tons of talent w/ one ring and people forget he threw up an offensive dud against Central Dauphin in States, that NP team was loaded. They will make their usual run and get far for sure but not into the D1 finals. Their D sorely needs the coach who is not on staff, forget his name? short stocky guy was D-Coordinator

Is Beck calling the defense again? It's hard to believe that any coach can successfully call the offense and the defense. That takes an inordinate amount of time. Plus, when are they making in game adjustments??

He was good. Beck needs to delegate some responsibility and trust his staff. SB South had no Jack Johns so it played out as I expected. The O is starting to click on all cylinders though....

With Perk Valley winning handily last night over SF I think they just reasserted themselves as a top contender in 6A playoffs. Borrowing a quote from another post it appears the Pennridge game may have just been a brain fart game for PV. Good luck to both Pennridge and PV in playoffs.

It's nice to see the talent spread around D1 like it is with teams like Garnet Valley, Coatesville, Perk Valley, NP, etc. (should be a great playoff season).

And speaking of playoffs no doubt everyone in Langhorne is looking forward to the opportunity for the Blue & Red to "not forget".

Neshaminy and Pennsburry look to be right w the top 6A teams. Should see some real nice matchups in the second and third round of district playoffs.

With Perk Valley winning handily last night over SF I think they just reasserted themselves as a top contender in 6A playoffs. Borrowing a quote from another post it appears the Pennridge game may have just been a brain fart game for PV. Good luck to both Pennridge and PV in playoffs.
Perk Valley beat Pottsgrove last night

Only had 14 of 16 in my predictions. Apologizes to CB West and Penn Wood. I like a Coatesville vs North Penn title game. Picking Coatesville.

Let the second season begin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT