ADVERTISEMENT

Downingtown West at Neshaminy

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
No posts about this game yet. Whippets have jumped out the gate quickly handling Garnet Valley and CB South. Neshaminy is always tough at home. Who wins? Wish this game wasn’t almost in NJ!

West is looking real sharp. I think they win this one by 14. I have a good feeling this is Wests year to get to the District one Final.

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
DWest in a blowout. Milano's crew is special. This is the year they take down Coatesville in the Ches-Mont. Only question is do they also beat their arch rival DEast? West wins 42-14.

No one from the ChesMont goes up to SOL territory expecting an easy time of it so I'm thinking it's closer than everyone thinks. Can't afford to overlook anybody and I'm sure Nesh's D is out to prove they're not as bad as they were in their opener. West is trying to keep the mo going and not have any more kids get hurt, they're thin as it is. I'm glad they've kept Neshaminy on their schedule, thought it was going to be a one and done when they started this 5-6 yrs ago.

ChesMont2 -

All the Langhorne fans are loving the D-Town W game and hope it remains a long term arrangement (although like the proverbial graveyard late at night, I'm whistling past the "W-L" record commemorating these recent match-ups -- for now, ha).

Then since I'm hearing nothing but good about the 2019 Whippets there's no doubt it's gonna take a solid, solid effort by Neshaminy (glad we're home this year).

Go 'Skins!!

I think DTW wins by 21. After seeing them and DTE this year, I think West beats them by 14-21 also.

HSFballFan19 and others....these were my thoughts at the conclusion of last season; the post season write up I did for a bunch of teams.
Downingtown West 11-2
The Whippets were one of the best turnarounds in the East last year, getting their highest win total in ten years and advancing to the district semifinal before losing to North Penn 35-21. In 2008 at 11-2 they also lost to North Penn (13-1) in the semifinal 51-21. But those were different times with the program rolling out double digit winning seasons in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (41-8), after the school split in 2003. In contrast, 2018’s team was rebounding from two non-winning seasons, having gone 4-6 in 2016 and 5-5 in 2017. Coach Milano is 116-64. But last year had its challenges with a relatively young group and the loss of quarterback Will Howard (6-4, 210, jr) for the year against Coatesville (fractured wrist) late in the first half of game seven. He was having a strong year, completing 61% for 1306 yards with a Td/Pick ratio of 12 to 2. Another big story is how well MLB Ryan Wetzel stepped in for Howard, completing 59% for 774 yards while adding another dimension with his running ability. At 6-2, 230, he was a load, rumbling for 306 yards. Heck of a job! Speaking of fullbacks, Tyler Alston returns (6-1, 220. Jr, 568 yards) with a nice back in Tyriq Lewis (5-8, 160, jr, 1264 yards). Add in a recovered and healthy Qb Howard, a few lineman featuring Beau Bryan (6-2, 275, jr) and a strong D corps (+400 tackles back) including egs….TE/DE Jackson Lunburg (6-6, 215), DE Max Hale (6-0, 195), DL Sean Pelkisson (6-2, 240) to know they’ll threaten again next year. They graduated just 15 seniors, making them and St. Joe’s two of the most successful young teams in the East. Last year’s team reversed the failures of 2017 (5-5) where they fielded their worst offense at 23ppg since 2005’s 4-7 team that scored 22 points a game. The defense was improved by 9 points a game, making it one of the most significant turnarounds in the state. They should be a legitimate threat to Coatesville’s dominance in the Ches Mont and beyond this season.

HSFballFan19 and others....these were my thoughts at the conclusion of last season; the post season write up I did for a bunch of teams.
Downingtown West 11-2
The Whippets were one of the best turnarounds in the East last year, getting their highest win total in ten years and advancing to the district semifinal before losing to North Penn 35-21. In 2008 at 11-2 they also lost to North Penn (13-1) in the semifinal 51-21. But those were different times with the program rolling out double digit winning seasons in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (41-8), after the school split in 2003. In contrast, 2018’s team was rebounding from two non-winning seasons, having gone 4-6 in 2016 and 5-5 in 2017. Coach Milano is 116-64. But last year had its challenges with a relatively young group and the loss of quarterback Will Howard (6-4, 210, jr) for the year against Coatesville (fractured wrist) late in the first half of game seven. He was having a strong year, completing 61% for 1306 yards with a Td/Pick ratio of 12 to 2. Another big story is how well MLB Ryan Wetzel stepped in for Howard, completing 59% for 774 yards while adding another dimension with his running ability. At 6-2, 230, he was a load, rumbling for 306 yards. Heck of a job! Speaking of fullbacks, Tyler Alston returns (6-1, 220. Jr, 568 yards) with a nice back in Tyriq Lewis (5-8, 160, jr, 1264 yards). Add in a recovered and healthy Qb Howard, a few lineman featuring Beau Bryan (6-2, 275, jr) and a strong D corps (+400 tackles back) including egs….TE/DE Jackson Lunburg (6-6, 215), DE Max Hale (6-0, 195), DL Sean Pelkisson (6-2, 240) to know they’ll threaten again next year. They graduated just 15 seniors, making them and St. Joe’s two of the most successful young teams in the East. Last year’s team reversed the failures of 2017 (5-5) where they fielded their worst offense at 23ppg since 2005’s 4-7 team that scored 22 points a game. The defense was improved by 9 points a game, making it one of the most significant turnarounds in the state. They should be a legitimate threat to Coatesville’s dominance in the Ches Mont and beyond this season.

Stalk - I know its early but like what I see. QB is really good and now healthy, Lewis to me is a stud(makes people miss) and so far the D has been better than I can remember. I do not think Nesh can slow them down. I think Nesh can move ball with McAndew but have to have balance. If James is hurt that's a problem, read that on here somewhere.

Ok Soup and absolutely. If James is out its bad, real bad unless they pull a hot frosh or soph out of the hat. Hope all are healthy, stay that way and have a good game.
If DWest continues playing good D and with Cville coming to them, it's hard seeing anyone stopping them in the district until LS or St. Joes. Things change, its early and who knows what's laying in the weeds but for now, they and Cville are looking good.

Last edited:
I see Redskins winning in an upset. The way they played last week and given last years underperformance against West I suspect a chip going on. Gonna be a battle.

D-Town looks good and 'Skins not so good (let's hope we see a different second half out of Langhorne).

Left at halftime, West can name this score. Now 41-6.
Holy crap. Just reading the scores. Jesus. DWest has to be the D1 leader at this point. Let’s face it they still have league play against Coatesville and DEast... even a WC East or Shanahan could shock.

Ches

DTW looked very good, on both sides, but Neshaminy looked just as bad. DTW could have scored 90. Nesh also gave up 55 to NP, who only scored 6 against lasalle and a late TD against pennsbury to only score 13.
Don't remember SOL ever looking like this.

Ches

DTW looked very good, on both sides, but Neshaminy looked just as bad. DTW could have scored 90. Nesh also gave up 55 to NP, who only scored 6 against lasalle and a late TD against pennsbury to only score 13.
Don't remember SOL ever looking like this.
Just weird to see Neshaminy lose at home and especially by this score. They are measuring stick and program w wins and rich history in Lower Bucks (like Coatesville in Chesco). I guess you can’t stay on top every year.

Just weird to see Neshaminy lose at home and especially by this score. They are measuring stick and program w wins and rich history in Lower Bucks (like Coatesville in Chesco). I guess you can’t stay on top every year.
Chess, you know I liked Dtown a lot but come on! Wonder what's going on with Skins? Anyway....great games today

LSU at Texas...torn, stationed in Tex, followed since kid, uncle a Tulane grad, undergrad LSU
TexAM at Clem...would like a mild upset to mix things up
Cin at OSU....another possible upset. Always nice seeing Buckeyes lose
Army-Mich.....GO ARMY kick their ass and Harbaugh's

West is really ready this year and they are more talented and prepared than most thought. The key for them this year will be to stay healthy. They are not as deep as they have been and certainly not as deep as large squad schools like NP and Garnet Valley. But let’s face it: it’s HS football and anyone can have a down night. This team looks to

This one surprised me too. DW looks like the favorite. Certainly, no teams in SOL. NPenn surprises me also, thought they’d roll Pennsbury. Pennsbury is 0-3, Skins1-2, Pennridge 1-2.

This one surprised me too. DW looks like the favorite. Certainly, no teams in SOL. NPenn surprises me also, thought they’d roll Pennsbury. Pennsbury is 0-3, Skins1-2, Pennridge 1-2.

Just read NP had a Freshman an at the helm. Kolby Barrow was our with an ankle. Good reason They were off a bit. The bigger problem was PB har ball twice inside the 5 and got zero points.

Just read NP had a Freshman an at the helm. Kolby Barrow was our with an ankle. Good reason They were off a bit. The bigger problem was PB har ball twice inside the 5 and got zero points.

Yes, QB was shaky at times, INT on first series led to Pennsbury first and goal at the 1. Ended up with FG which would be high point of Pennsbury offense. Later drive with first and goal ended with fumble when ball slipped out of untouched QBs hands. Despite SIX NP turnovers (3 INTs), Pennsbury was only able to muster 120 total yards. PHS pass offense was completely out of sync, 1 for 17 with meaningless completion on final drive. Looked nothing like unit that gained closed to 500 last week vs Penn Wood. Defense played decently but ain't gonna beat NP with 3 points.

Reactions: Soup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT