ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes walker

Except in Wisconsin where there will be no education.. Wait a minute wasn't Walker your boy PFP?

Nope. Not a chance in hell. Of the repubs, I like Kasich, Rubio, and Bush. I feel sorry for Jeb. I think he would make a very good president but he stands little chance with his brother weighing him down. On the Dem side, even though he is part of the problem since he's been in the senate since 1972, I could vote for Biden. He might be able to get things done, working across the aisle. But if it's Hillary or Sanders, I can't vote for them.

Yea Kasich seems the least crazy and has several points that I agree with, plus his above the fray approach is a very good one so from the Reps I like him the best. Bush is like you said haunted by the name Bush so he is on thin ice but i think he sticks around a while longer. Rubio not sure yet need to see more. As for the Dems Sanders I will not vote for too far Left for me. Clinton has a shot and she is not cleaner nor dirty as anyone else in Washington but I still think sh can win. Biden I like but does not have a shot of winning and would be looked at as an Obama third term. Maybe Walker was NJ man

Well, if Hillary or Sanders wins, then that would be free right??

University educations and heathcare paid for with tax dollars has the rest of the civilized world ahead of us, so I hope that's the case. I don't like being the only country in the world were people go bankrupt because they get sick.

Healthcare is one thing, but University education? Sorry, aint buyin' it. Everyone has a right to an education. That's where the promise ends.

I can agree with your statement. I've worked with people from around the world that have had the advantage of both and it is an advantage. It would be nice if the richest country in the world could do the same.

A good question to start with would be how much is education really worth, price wise. Using private institutions as an example, when I went tuition and room and board were the same. Today it's so out of whack. Room and board has remained but the education part has gone through the roof. Back then you could pay off your loans and start saving relatively quick. Impossible today. If prices were more in line, young adults could try taking a shot at a mortgage instead of education debt.

Last edited:
I can agree with your statement. I've worked with people from around the world that have had the advantage of both and it is an advantage. It would be nice if the richest country in the world could do the same.
On what basis is the USA the richest country in the world?

PFP the college tuition really has always been on a linear increase since the 1980's but since funding has been cut to state university systems the cost has had almost a J curve cost increase. Now we can point fingers to who is to blame but that is a waist of time but that is what has happened

http://articles.philly.com/2015-09-18/news/66646725_1_rosemont-college-tuition-sticker-price

Sammy, this is what I'm talking about. Rosemont's tuition just dropped. So if no one was ever paying full boat except those that could, what is the real price of the education you're getting. My son was accepted to St. Joe's and La Salle Universities here in Philly. Right out of the gate, he received a scholarship for basically nothing from each school. Pretty good scholarships too. Along the lines of 16, 000. So again, if they can play that much with tuition, what is the actual price of the education?

Well did a little more research and my numbers were off I will use the years 1989-2015

Item 1989 2015
House $123K $289K
Car $ 17K $31K
College tuition $ 16K $31K

Looks like things have doubled and you can got to UNC Chapel Hill for about 15-20K a year and that is without any college assistance. But what is happening now is State/Public universities are still a great deal and are somewhat cheap, but state universities have become more difficult to get in and the result of that is so many more students have resorted to private universities that are 3 times the expense . Here in NC it is just as difficult to get into NC State and UNC Chapel Hill as it is Duke in a lot of cases. My kids all attended state universities and if there was a chance that they did not get in they would have went to community college

Last edited:
What is the actual price of not having an education? The higher the education the higher earning power

Last edited:
According to the Bureau of Labor statistics in 2014 the higher the education the higher the earning power. Conversely the higher the education the lower the unemployment rate

So the ultimate cost of not having a higher education on average is this

1. Lower earning potential
2. Higher chance of unemployment
3. Having Donald Trump make you look like a goof and suspending your campaign.

Not to sound like Judge Smails from Caddy Shack, but the world needs plummers, roofers, builders too. Not all are cut out for college. But you are right. The more education, the more possibilities!

I look at going to a trade school or training as higher education. If you go to truck driver school is higher ed, you have extra training after high school that leads to employment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT