ADVERTISEMENT

Donny complaining about how he is treated by the press

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
what a snowflake. Where the tough guy from NY??? Buck up buttercup

what a snowflake. Where the tough guy from NY??? Buck up buttercup
Snowflake, you can't take your name and apply it to someone else. Nice try. It's bothering you a lot, but Snowflake is your name, and nobody else's. After all, just think of all of the complaining YOU have done.

When Trump says that "no politician in history ... has been treated worse, more unfairly." he is, again, revealing many things, including: 1) his ignorance of history, 2) his addiction to bombast--notice he didn't confine himself to his 44 predecessors but to every politician ever, and 3) his inability to recognize what is appropriate (this was a graduation ceremony that he used to try to drum up sympathy for himself).

When Trump says that "no politician in history ... has been treated worse, more unfairly." he is, again, revealing many things, including: 1) his ignorance of history, 2) his addiction to bombast--notice he didn't confine himself to his 44 predecessors but to every politician ever, and 3) his inability to recognize what is appropriate (this was a graduation ceremony that he used to try to drum up sympathy for himself).
Good style critique Tulla. After all, this stuff is more important than growing the economy, managing immigration properly, providing opportunity, protecting the homeland, etc.

Good style critique Tulla. After all, this stuff is more important than growing the economy, managing immigration properly, providing opportunity, protecting the homeland, etc.
I was addressing the topic of the thread. You often criticize people for straying from the topic at hand.

About the topics you introduced into the thread: as you have said yourself, it's going to take at least a couple of years to assess Trump's economic record. As for "providing opportunity," I'm not sure if you're thinking only in economic terms. Let's see if something like the Trump/Ryan/Price healthcare plan that passed the house eventually becomes law and, if it does, if it gives people more opportunity. And let's see what happens with education. Is the country safer today than it was a year ago? I can't say. Again, we'll have a much better sense after a few years. In any case, can we agree that because for good reason we don't know of the great majority of threats that are successfully countered or eliminated, it's really hard to anyone sitting as we are in the bleachers that the country is or is not safer than it was six months ago, two years ago, etc.?

Finally, you regularly dismiss points by calling them matters of style. Being truthful is not about style. And I would say being respectful and dignified matters a lot, especially when we're talking about a president. Remember how Obama dealt with the protester at his rally in North Carolina? Trump calling for his people to "get them out of here," and even encouraging his followers to hit them ("Don't worry, I'll pay your legal fees,"), calling a federal judge "a so-called judge," calling Comey "a showboat," etc. are all corrosive.

Reactions: Aragorn
Don't waste your breath tulla, you're trying to discuss decency with an ignorant person, incapable or unwilling to see things from another perspective.

R's care about themselves. D's care about others. It's a curse!

I was addressing the topic of the thread. You often criticize people for straying from the topic at hand.

About the topics you introduced into the thread: as you have said yourself, it's going to take at least a couple of years to assess Trump's economic record. As for "providing opportunity," I'm not sure if you're thinking only in economic terms. Let's see if something like the Trump/Ryan/Price healthcare plan that passed the house eventually becomes law and, if it does, if it gives people more opportunity. And let's see what happens with education. Is the country safer today than it was a year ago? I can't say. Again, we'll have a much better sense after a few years. In any case, can we agree that because for good reason we don't know of the great majority of threats that are successfully countered or eliminated, it's really hard to anyone sitting as we are in the bleachers that the country is or is not safer than it was six months ago, two years ago, etc.?

Finally, you regularly dismiss points by calling them matters of style. Being truthful is not about style. And I would say being respectful and dignified matters a lot, especially when we're talking about a president. Remember how Obama dealt with the protester at his rally in North Carolina? Trump calling for his people to "get them out of here," and even encouraging his followers to hit them ("Don't worry, I'll pay your legal fees,"), calling a federal judge "a so-called judge," calling Comey "a showboat," etc. are all corrosive.
Good points Tulla. It is going to take some time for Trump to get things moving and then for the results to be known. As I stated before, the marginal utility of debt makes it tougher to grow GDP at a good rate, but Trump may be able to get it done with tax cuts (which do work, depending on the timing in the economic cycle in which they take place).

On matters of style, there is no doubt that Trump needs to improve. With regard to your point about Obama dealing with a protester, some context needs to be provided, as Obama was a president in his second term, while Trump was in campaign mode. No excuse, as Trump still should not have acted this way. But, the overall point is that what's important is what Trump can do for the country in terms of providing opportunities; to this extent, he's got the right ideas and many of them are going to be put into place over the next 6-12 months.

My position is that many democrats operate in a virtual news vacuum. Discussing things that have happened can, at times, yield blank stares. For example, when Obama said to Medvedev in 2012 that he will have more flexibility to "work" with Putin/Russia after the election, the left-wing media (NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, Washington Post) barely covered it. If Trump had made a statement like this, it would have been the lead story for weeks, if not months.

Now, I am sure you could try to prove me wrong by posting a story that shows these organizations, which are no more than the publicity wings of the democratic party, covered the Obama/Medvedev controversy. However, it's the context which would be missed, i.e. the frequency and timing of the coverage, as well as the positioning (front page vs. page 10, lead story with 5-15 minutes of coverage vs. 20 seconds of airtime) and many other factors.

For example, when Obama said to Medvedev in 2012 that he will have more flexibility to "work" with Putin/Russia after the election, the left-wing media (NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, Washington Post) barely covered it. If Trump had made a statement like this, it would have been the lead story for weeks, if not months.

I watch all those channels and know all about that statement. It's politics. He would have more flexibility once he's re-elected. Are you equating that to telling the Russians top secret information?

I watch all those channels and know all about that statement. It's politics. He would have more flexibility once he's re-elected. Are you equating that to telling the Russians top secret information?
First of all, this is between Tulla and me. Second, you are blocking me, remember? Third, the media coverage of the Obama/Medvedev conversation was sparse and lacked the intensity that the Trump situation had. There's a reason, political bias, which you apparently don't understand.

Do you know the full detail of what Trump told Russia? I suspect not, and few people do. From what I have heard, it was ISIS related and was for the general good. Giving up the source was questionable judgment, if it happened. In short, it's a lot of coverage in spite of all details not having been known. It's above you, though, so forget about it. Let two reasonable people discuss it; you should go back to the dialogue with Sammy Snowflake; it's more natural for you and adds a level of amusement to the board.

What has Russia done to hinder ISIS? Any idea? Zero. For all we know Russia encourages ISIS.

So why is Trump giving them details? You and I don't know the nitty gritty, but it was alarming enough for the Intel offices to start doing damage control.

What has Russia done to hinder ISIS? Any idea? Zero. For all we know Russia encourages ISIS.

So why is Trump giving them details? You and I don't know the nitty gritty, but it was alarming enough for the Intel offices to start doing damage control.
Unlike you, I prefer to let things play out. You are so capable that you make instant judgments about issues. Often wrong, never in doubt!

And I don't remember you posting about your outrage after Obama had Nakoula arrested at his home in Cerritos, CA after blaming the Benghazi attacks on a video posted by Nakoula. It's a one-way street with you. And, before you try to refute the story, Obama even blamed the video for the attacks when he spoke at the UN. It's just that the media didn't cover it.

Flip the story to Trump doing it, and you would be outraged. Obama's actions here were outright deceit and fraud and it easily tops anything that Trump has been accused of having done.

Trump talked to Comey about locking up reporters, but continue in your bubble. In the end Trump will be impeached and you'll still say he did no wrong. Sad. Weak.

Trump talked to Comey about locking up reporters, but continue in your bubble. In the end Trump will be impeached and you'll still say he did no wrong. Sad. Weak.
Someone such as you should be careful of making predictions. You predicted that 1) Hillary would beat Trump; 2) that you would like Trump more than me. Also, you couldn't even recall the context of your paycut statement. You might be overstating your capabilities! But I do get much amusement from you, so please keep it coming....more predictions, more off-the-wall statements! You might even be able to charge a fee for subscriptions! We could call it the Snowflake-Paycut amusement website and you could charge $9.95/month, perhaps more!

And I guess that's the end of that thread because neither "entertainer" has the wherewithal to respond! Just slightly predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT