ADVERTISEMENT

District One: Pre-Preseason Top 10

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
District One: 2021 Pre-Preseason Top 10

Here’s a best guesstimate keying on the Review 2020-Preview 2021 piece recently done that was based on last year’s personnel and results. Who knows how the new starters work out. Neshaminy, Pennridge and others may replace last year’s severe grad losses with better players! Souderton may find a quarterback as productive as Evan Kutzler. Plus, there will always be a surprise or two and that’s the fun of it. Anyway, I thought I should crank out a Preseason Top 10 to follow up the Review-Preview. Don’t forget to use the review-preview post for more detail. Scroll down….posted Feb 26, 2021.

1 North Penn 4-1 6A, (95-28, 48-10, 25-6)….10 year, 5 year, 3 year won-loss.
It’s easy being misled by NP’s finish, winning their last four by an average score of 48-19….if you forget those wins came against 5-19 teams; Pennsbury 0-5, CB West 2-4, CB East 1-5, CB South 2-5. And you can’t forget the season opening 35-19 blowout by Neshaminy that exposed real D issues with diminutive Chris James (5-7, 160) running for 149 yards. With the D tested only once and failing, this looks like the priority issue in the off season, plus the O-line. They came up well short of making the playoffs this year seeded 6th at 128 (#4 Coatesville 150) and may use as extra incentive this year. Previously, they hadn’t missed the playoffs since 2012. For this year they have what looks like the best offensive core in the district returning QB Ryan Zeltt (6-3, 185, jr, 34/62, 650, 9Tds, 55%, minus Pennsbury stats), RB Khalani Eaton (5-11, 210, sr. 1038ry, 14 Tds) and wide out Levi Carroll (6-3, 195, sr.).

2 Garnet Valley 6-0 6A, (98-21, 52-8, 29-3)
The Jags are no longer 3 yards and a cloud of monofilament having upped their game recently by developing a passing attack, averaging 100 yards a game last year (737yds) after averaging 49.5 yards per game the previous 5 years. Last year’s 15-19 combined won loss schedule was less than challenging. Still, they won all their games by an average score of 49-9 including those with winning records where they drubbed Marple Newtown (5-1) 52-30 and Haverford (4-2) 39-8. And they come in super-hot off their Central League title game win against Marple, a six game winning streak and a pile of returning starters. They open 2021 at Downingtown West. And with Downingtown East playing Pennridge, State College (D6) and Delaware Valley (D2) in September….and Perkiomen Valley also getting September action against Coatesville, Downingtown West, Manheim Central (D3) and Spring Ford. We’ll know a lot about the power structure in D1 and beyond by mid-season.

3 Coatesville 4-1 6A (111-18, 52-9, 28-5)
The thing to remember about Coatesville is they came within 3 points of beating a good, veteran, 7-1 Pennridge team….on the road….with a much younger group. Scary thinking what they could mature into. But there is work to do with the Rams pounding out 506 total yards (210 rushing) to the Red Raider’s 216. Plus they’ll play both Downingtown East and West on the road. It will be a workout with many opponents returning good numbers and in most cases they all return a quarterback. Many teams in the Ches Mont are mirror images of one another (returning starters and a Qb), suggesting an entertaining season with a few upsets. Last year’s team was about a powerful running game and defense. If they can keep those strength and upgrade the passing attack they’ll be hard to stop. Note: Aug 21 scrimmage at Wilson-West Lawn.

4 Downingtown West 2-2 6A (72-34, 35-17, 26-6)
Opens with back-to-back homers vs Garnet Valley Aug 27th then Haverford School before Perk Val and Penn Wood away, West Chester East home, Kennett away, Coatesville home, Shanahan away then closing at home against Downingtown East and Avon Grove. Getting G-Val and Coatesville home helps but Perkiomen Valley even Kennett and Shanahan (letdowns?) could be challenging, especially Perk Val. There is a lot of work to do if they hope to hang with Garnet Valley in the opener knowing they allowed Coatesville 310 rushing and Downingtown East 289. But they return a now veteran line backing corps of Nahsir Harris (6-0, 185, sr), Josh Barron (5-10, 195, sr), Ryan Waters (6-0, 210, sr) and Will Mahmud (6-1, 220, sr). The DL looks good with NT Heath Williams (5-11, 250, sr) and DT Cooper Young (6-5, 285, jr) back. Super high recruit Drew Shelton (6-6, 280, sr) transferred to IMG. But for a change they have plenty of size. I believe the secondary returns four starters or co-starters; Josh Barry, Elijah Ford, Jake Kucera and Sam Kester, giving them a stacked defense. At 13ppg allowed last year, they were tough in the red zone. They’ll need that against G-Val who wastes few scoring opportunities.

5 Downingtown East 2-3 6A (83-28, 40-13, 21-8)
East has a difficult schedule opening at Pennridge then State College at a site to be determined. But both Pennridge and State High are rebuilding while the Cougars return much of last year’s team looking to atone for their first losing season since 2013. Actually the schedule is accommodating with 5 of their first 7 games (SC?) at home. Many look like 50-50 games including the two opening games followed by Delaware Valley, Bishop Shanahan, Rustin and Unionville (all home), then Academy Park away. Avon Grove and Downingtown West are home then Coatesville on the road to close it out. No fun playing Coatesville following the rivalry game with D-West. But they have a lot of bodies back on both sides to show improvement and make the Ches Mont-National at least a three horse race with Shanahan there to pick off any stragglers.

6 Perkiomen Valley 6-2 6A (85-28, 43-12, 21-9)
From Review-Preview: They return one of the top quarterbacks in the area in Ethan Kohler (6-2, 195, sr, Mercury 1st team), who, if I did the math right from online articles completed 100 of 156 passes (64%) for 1537 yards with a 17 to 1 Td-Pick ratio. As a reminder, his 2019 stats were 2259 yards, 59%, 21/7 Td-Pick ratio. Returning an excellent quarterback combined with other returns could see them with one of their best teams. 92% (894) of their rushing yards returns and 53% (802) of their receiver yards. They have numerous lineman coming up from the junior class with great size. The schedule is brutal opening on the road at Penn Wood before taking on Coatesville, then Downingtown West, Manheim Central (!) and Spring Ford consecutively….at home. Manheim Central projects as one of the 5A favorites in D3 and will be a severe test as PAC mate Spring Ford discovered last year with another district three power when a less than special Cumberland Valley (3-5) team battled hard in a 20-14 loss. Spring Ford of course will be a war, then Norristown away, OJR home, Boyertown away, Methacton home and a PAC-crossover game (TBD) at home for Senior Night Oct 29th.

7 Upper Dublin 6-2 5A (87-27, 40-15, 23-15)
One look at Upper Dublin’s records above tells you you’re looking at the Rodney Dangerfield of District -1 football. Talk about a team that gets no respect! All they’ve done is win district titles three of the last six years. And they’ve garnered more wins in the district the last 10 years than Downingtown East (83), Downingtown West (72), Neshaminy (82) and all others except G-Val, Coatesville, Academy Park and North Penn. In 2015 (4A, largest class) they beat Garnet Valley 35-3, Upper Darby 45-14, Pennsbury 24-14 then North Penn in the final 42-21. In 2018 they defeated Unionville 40-7 and Rustin 35-28 in the 5A title game. Last year saw them beat Kennett by forfeit before winning another 5A title vs Rustin 29-8. 5A looks like a crowded field with the Cardinals sitting pretty with so many returning players and maybe some attitude losing to Covid-19 last year, denying them a trip to the PIAA 5A semifinal against Cathedral Prep.

8 Spring Ford 6-1 6A (86-27, 37-15, 22-7)
The Rams return enough pieces to challenge for their 3rd consecutive PAC title and more although the defense doesn’t look to be as strong as last year’s record setting group that allowed 10ppg. DL/E’s Don Nicoline (6-2, 210, sr, 1St Team PAC) and Gavin Shafer (6-1, 205, sr) are back with top tackler LB Ryan Horvath (5-9, 175, sr, 1st Team PAC). Look for impact from last year’s sophomores Will Fish (5-9, 180), Ryan Wilson (6-0, 180) and Zach Zollers (6-1, 190), all linebackers who Coach Brubaker is high on. All got time. Last year’s defense was big and hit hard, separated from the district final by a 27-24 loss to Souderton. The offense returns good numbers plus the quarterback and OTs Ian Harvie (6-0, 250, sr, 1st Team PAC) and John Kaputa (6-2, 280, sr). Wilson is not on the schedule this year but they get Perkiomen Valley on the road. Plus, Boyertown and OJR return veteran teams that could surprise.

9 Souderton 7-1 6A (51-51. 28-22, 19-10)
Defending district champ Souderton returns a good core on both sides of the ball and will be a tough out if they fill the quarterback slot. But they’ll get two of their toughest conference opponents on the road having played both Quakertown and Upper Dublin in Souderton last year. With good numbers returning, especially LBs Nick Curroto (5-11, 195, sr, 2nd Team OL/LB), Luke Pollack (5-11, 205, sr, 1st Team), CBs Shaun Purvy (5-10, 155, sr, 1st Team) and Elijah Goods (5-9, 150, sr, 2nd Team), the D should improve from last year’s that allowed 19ppg while defeating Qtown 28-23, Upper Dublin 28-7 at home and both Spring Ford 27-24 and Pennridge 31-17 on the road. That is….if they get reasonable production from the quarterback position. Lineman Adam Alfonsi (6-1, 265, sr) and Gabe Epps (6-3, 230, sr, 1st Team) are back. All offense, skill returns in RB Brayden Porter (612ry, 1st Team), WRs Shaun Purvy (283py), Bob Kyle (195py, 2nd Team), Sean McGoldrick (101ry, 53py) and OL Sean Barrera (5-7, 230). All except quarterback Evan Kutzler (62%, 718py, 6/1 ratio, 2nd Team) return. Solid stats for a first year starter following the graduation of 3 year starter (co in 2017) Andrew Vince, so it’s a concern,

10 Quakertown 5-3 6A (63-52, 30-25, 16-15)
Really strange putting these guys here until you review last year’s stats and scores to see what a decent team they were….with many of last year’s parts back in the fold. Remember, their losses were competitive losses, losing to Souderton (7-1) in the opener 28-23 (Q leading 17-12 at ½), Perk Val (6-2) 35-28, PV scoring 21 unanswered pts, and the 91st Thanksgiving Day annual toss-up with Pennridge (7-1) 21-14 where the Rams scored 14 4th quarter points for the win. And, they were a young group last year in a lot of positions their skill people including quarterback Will Steich (5-11, 160, sr, 56%, 1135, 16/2, 1st Team Continental) and RB/CB Tyler Woodman (5-9, 175, sr, 69/430, 1st Team) and Zach Fondl (6-0, 180, sr, 22/330, 2nd Team). OL/DL Fred Retter (6-2, 235, sr) and OL Anthony Schiller (6-2, 260, sr) return to the lines with LB Kaden Roesener (5-11, 195, sr, 51 tackles), LB/DB Tyler Woodman (28 tackles), LB Dylan Harrison (6-3, 175, sr, 17 tackles) also back. They look to be able to survive graduations with enough coming back. And if QB Steich picks up where he left off!

Others:

Neshaminy 5-1 6A
(82-33, 39-13, 18-10)….10 year, 5 year, 3 year won-loss.
Tough 2021 schedule; Wood and Souderton at home, Pennridge, North Penn, Quakertown, Abington away. Roll Tribe!
Central Bucks West 2-4 6A (50-52, 26-23, 16-12)
Beaucoup bodies back but lots of work being outscored by Pennridge, North Penn and Neshaminy 109-49.
Pennridge 7-1 6A (74-44, 32-24, 15-15)
Big grad losses but have some parts and not likely to go away quietly. Return a lot of experience to the D, LBs McGowan, Picciotti and OL/DLs Reutlinger and Fish.
Upper Moreland 5-2 4A (59-53, 29-25, 14-16)
Lost by one point to 10-1 Oil City in 4A semifinal with essentially the same players back. Dual threat Byron Hopkins (21/33/312py, 35-133ry) and Cameryn Jackson (35/385ry) will keep them in many games.
OJR 3-3 6A (48-64, 32-19, 16-11)
Almost everyone returns, (graduate 8 seniors) including 1st Team PAC running back Avrey Grimm (5-9, 160, sr, 667ry) and 2nd teamers DL Jon Havrilak and LB Aston Shrum. Last year’s monster soph lineman Austin Ramsey (6-6, 320!) is also back.
Rustin 4-2 5A (75-31, 35-20, 23-9)
Only 12 seniors last year plus return Dayshawn Jacobs (5-9, 180, jr) who rushed for 258 yards vs Wissahickon with 5 tds, ending with 677ry and 857 total.
Ridley 3-3 6A (76-36, 35-19, 17-13)
Have some impressive skill returning and some serious graduations but a more favorable home schedule.
Haverford 5-2 6A (83-33, 41-16, 25-8)
Started off 4-0 last year with a nice core returning.
Strath Haven 5-1 5A (53-54, 29-23, 19-10)
Average score last year was 43-17 with a young D and most of that team returning including entire OL.
Springfield (D) 4-3 5A (78-36, 39-18, 14-15)
Two 3-point losses hurt. But big numbers return with a talented QB in Jake Fama, 6-1, 160, 698, 69%.
Academy Park (95-30, 53-13, 27-10)
Little info on Knights (spring ball) but history (see above) says they’ll be a factor.

Under the radar?

Upper Merion 2-3 5A
(29-75, 17-33, 13-14)
Finished with a flourish winning last 2 and return most of the offense headed by QB Nolan Clayton (6-5, 210, jr) and a slew of last year’s sophomores and juniors now a year older.
Don’t laugh, Bourbonic won the Kentucky Derby prep Wood Memorial at the Big A last week at 72-1!
Boyertown 2-5 6A (40-62, 14-34, 6-21)
Like Vikings above, won last 2 games beating Pottstown 33-6 and bitter rival Pottsgrove 20-9 after a 0-5 start for great momentum entering 2021. Many return plus last year’s freshman QB Ryder Gehris who got his first start game 6 vs Pottstown.
Plymouth Whitemarsh 2-3 5A (61-37, 21-24, 12-13)
Big losses at TE/DE Dylan Duran (6-1, 230), OL/DT Jack Hildebrand (5-11, 230), OL Dan Kahley (6-0, 240), but LB corps returns in RB/LB Nate Kern, QB/LB Chris McLaughlin, RB/LB Aiden O’Brien with most other skill pieces from last year.
Bishop Shanahan 4-0 4A (54-46, 30-20, 15-12)
Return most of last year’s team including QB Cooper Jordan, most of the skill plus lineman Dylan Jones (6-3, 275, sr), Mark Majasic (5-9, 250, sr), Lenny Kresefski (6-5, 225, sr), Jack Lyons (6-0, 225, sr) and Anthony Cipriano (6-0, 215, sr).

Last edited:
Stalk, great review as always. I’ll go out on a limb and predict we see CB West and Pennridge in the top 10 by seasons end. I’m not sure either is a contender to win it all, but I see them as solid playoff squads this year. As you noted, West was extremely young and I like what Pennridge has waiting in the wings mixed with their returning starters. On another note, it’s a travesty Pennsbury isn’t a perennial contender (they aren’t even mentioned here and justifiably so!).

Stalk, great review as always. I’ll go out on a limb and predict we see CB West and Pennridge in the top 10 by seasons end. I’m not sure either is a contender to win it all, but I see them as solid playoff squads this year. As you noted, West was extremely young and I like what Pennridge has waiting in the wings mixed with their returning starters. On another note, it’s a travesty Pennsbury isn’t a perennial contender (they aren’t even mentioned here and justifiably so!).
Thank you HSFB. Except for a porous defense I almost put CB West in there. In fact I did then took em out. Pennridge is probably more likely but who knows. End of the day just one guy's opinion. Pennsbury is too sad at 0-5 last year and last 3 at 11-16....allowing 38 ppg on average. Only competitive game was CB East (21-28), East's only win in a 1-5 season that pretty much mimicked Psb's. But Falcs return Qb Kirk and that's a start plus some #s so we'll see.
Major rumble at the start of the season with DWest, G-Val, Perk Val and others all playing each other. WIth so many returning Qbs in the dist I wouldn't be surprised if a very strong team emerges for the postseason.

Stalker, nice work, thank you. My thoughts on the Bucks in 2021:

1. I truly believe last year's defensive effort was an aberration. In 2019 they were the top defensive team in the SOL Continental, by I believe a full touchdown. 2 of their top 3 defenders were hurt for most of the season, including their MLB and anchor. Against Pennridge and their new pistol wing-t, West hadn't seen even one play of film on them or had any idea of what their offense would actually look like because of the absence of scrimmages. After halftime adjustments, West pitched a second half shutout, with Pennridge playing their starters until the end of the game. North Penn, they were even more shorthanded, with players starting on D that didn't even play as subs in other games. Neshaminy was their best defensive performance of the year, with their LB back temporarily. They stopped two drives only to have Neshaminy convert fake punts, both leading to TDs.
2. Coaching staff now has 3 very good head coaches on staff. If they all get along and I'm assuming they do or Coach Rowan wouldn't have brought them both in, it's a fantastic staff. Obviously Sanderson has been there for a couple of years but adding Galen Snyder to run the offense is a big get.
3. Word is the soph QB has gotten much bigger and stronger. Genetics would indicate that he's going to be a physical stud eventually, as the younger brother of Jake Cooper (Arch Wood / Penn State)
4. With 3 sophomore backs and one junior FB getting almost all of the carries, the backfield will have both experience and depth. There are other athletes that can compete for time in the backfield or at wideout so I think there is plenty there to survive even some injuries.
5. The LB who was injured all year was also the starting TE, which is a big role in the wing-t. He's back for his senior year.

I'd say the current mood at West is cautious optimism, with the big unknown being how teams like Abington, Pennridge and Neshaminy are able to reload after big losses to graduation. Week one vs Coatesville will be an intriguing game.

I agree with you on all of those points Bucks. You seem to be way more tapped into West than I am. I really just follow from afar. My biggest concern with them is their OL. Losing Spraldin (spell check?) will hurt. I didn’t see much talent around him, but I could be wrong. I know their staff will get the most out of them so I expect them to be at least competent.

Reactions: Stalker
I agree with you on all of those points Bucks. You seem to be way more tapped into West than I am. I really just follow from afar. My biggest concern with them is their OL. Losing Spraldin (spell check?) will hurt. I didn’t see much talent around him, but I could be wrong. I know their staff will get the most out of them so I expect them to be at least competent.
Spradlin is a big loss, he was a road grader you could run behind for the last couple of years. There are 3-4 kids returning who have started on the o-line and some big rising sophs / juniors that will fill any other remaining spots. Watch for Quin Whalen to anchor the line, he's probably in the 6'4" 265+ range and can move well. He's had two years of varsity experience and should be a breakout player this year. I'd say there may be 8-9 kids that could potentially start or see varsity time on the o-line based on their size / athleticism. As you say, the strength of the staff is in coaching the o-line so I'm confident they will pull it all together. (And again, the TE being back on the field should help solidify the line also.)

Last edited:
Reactions: HSFB99 and lilromeo
Stalker, nice work, thank you. My thoughts on the Bucks in 2021:

1. I truly believe last year's defensive effort was an aberration. In 2019 they were the top defensive team in the SOL Continental, by I believe a full touchdown. 2 of their top 3 defenders were hurt for most of the season, including their MLB and anchor. Against Pennridge and their new pistol wing-t, West hadn't seen even one play of film on them or had any idea of what their offense would actually look like because of the absence of scrimmages. After halftime adjustments, West pitched a second half shutout, with Pennridge playing their starters until the end of the game. North Penn, they were even more shorthanded, with players starting on D that didn't even play as subs in other games. Neshaminy was their best defensive performance of the year, with their LB back temporarily. They stopped two drives only to have Neshaminy convert fake punts, both leading to TDs.
2. Coaching staff now has 3 very good head coaches on staff. If they all get along and I'm assuming they do or Coach Rowan wouldn't have brought them both in, it's a fantastic staff. Obviously Sanderson has been there for a couple of years but adding Galen Snyder to run the offense is a big get.
3. Word is the soph QB has gotten much bigger and stronger. Genetics would indicate that he's going to be a physical stud eventually, as the younger brother of Jake Cooper (Arch Wood / Penn State)
4. With 3 sophomore backs and one junior FB getting almost all of the carries, the backfield will have both experience and depth. There are other athletes that can compete for time in the backfield or at wideout so I think there is plenty there to survive even some injuries.
5. The LB who was injured all year was also the starting TE, which is a big role in the wing-t. He's back for his senior year.

I'd say the current mood at West is cautious optimism, with the big unknown being how teams like Abington, Pennridge and Neshaminy are able to reload after big losses to graduation. Week one vs Coatesville will be an intriguing game.
Pennridge CBW

First downs 17 10

Rushes-Yards 36-214 42-78

Passing 7-11-0-0 4-6-0-0

Passing Yards 72 31

Total Yards 289 109

Pennridge CBW

First downs 17 10

Rushes-Yards 36-214 42-78

Passing 7-11-0-0 4-6-0-0

Passing Yards 72 31

Total Yards 289 109
Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with my assessment... Pennridge started the game by returning the opening kickoff. (West later also returned a kickoff) 289 total yards with the starters in the entire game is not bad when you haven't seen the offense until the game starts. Note: Pennridge was 100% the better team, lots of very talented seniors against a very young Bucks team.

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with my assessment... Pennridge started the game by returning the opening kickoff. (West later also returned a kickoff) 289 total yards with the starters in the entire game is not bad when you haven't seen the offense until the game starts. Note: Pennridge was 100% the better team, lots of very talented seniors against a very young Bucks team.
Agree and disagree.... Even in defeat you could tell CBW is a well coached team. I think this is the PR coach's 4th year coming up. DId he build a team for 2020 or has he built a program? I believe its a program. I wouldnt necessarily call it a disagreement but you mentioned keeping the starters in the entire game.... wierd year in HS football with only a 6 game schedule. Cant blame anyone for giving the starters as much time as possible in the opener considering no room for error with the shortened season. PR kept it on the ground and didnt try and rub it in.
Go West! ... Go Pennridge!
Pumped for "21" !

Reactions: bucksftball
Agree and disagree.... Even in defeat you could tell CBW is a well coached team. I think this is the PR coach's 4th year coming up. DId he build a team for 2020 or has he built a program? I believe its a program. I wouldnt necessarily call it a disagreement but you mentioned keeping the starters in the entire game.... wierd year in HS football with only a 6 game schedule. Cant blame anyone for giving the starters as much time as possible in the opener considering no room for error with the shortened season. PR kept it on the ground and didnt try and rub it in.
Go West! ... Go Pennridge!
Pumped for "21" !
I only mentioned that the starters were in the game because West was able to slow them down in the second half once they knew what Pennridge was up to, and it wasn't against their backups, it was the first team Pennridge O the entire time. I have no issue with them playing those kids the entire game, with no scrimmage it was the first time anyone lined up against competition and everyone needed the work.

I think PR may be building a program, now that they have an offensive identity. In his first couple of years, running spread with the big bodies and backs that they had seemed counter to the identity you'd expect from Pennridge.

Should be a great '21 season with fans back and the first full year of a re-aligned SOL National with all of the big boys playing each other again.

Does anyone have any additional insights on Neshaminy? I know they open with Arch Wood week 1 and I was thinking of attending. Thanks

HSF -

Last year, at 5-1, the 'Skins had the nucleus of a pretty sold club (only that smackdown by Pennridge marred their record and just kept them out of playoffs). But it seems most of the studs were seniors so there's a pretty clean slate coming in (some starters back).

I'll see if I can get a fix on "things" and post again as we get closer.

We'll know soon enough as they do have an exciting start scrimmaging LaSalle and then opening with Wood. Plus with Pennridge, North Penn and the rest of the teams in the realigned SOL conference they're in on the schedule they'll be tested plenty.

HSF -

Last year, at 5-1, the 'Skins had the nucleus of a pretty sold club (only that smackdown by Pennridge marred their record and just kept them out of playoffs). But it seems most of the studs were seniors so there's a pretty clean slate coming in (some starters back).

I'll see if I can get a fix on "things" and post again as we get closer.

We'll know soon enough as they do have an exciting start scrimmaging LaSalle and then opening with Wood. Plus with Pennridge, North Penn and the rest of the teams in the realigned SOL conference they're in on the schedule they'll be tested plenty.
What's up Skinner Man?
Thing about last year, you guys graduated a pretty good team! That James kid at 5 foot-nothing and 100 and nothing found the creases! You lost a lot of bodies and maybe an under rated Qb but look to have a dual threat in wings and all receivers back. Plus you rarely have problems replacing the big guys up front. Quality....??....but size seems to always be there.
Opening with AB Wood tho at home is tough on a rebuild, then CB East (maybe a surprise, but home), then a road trip at Pridge before another homer to Soudeton with enough back to be somebody. Pridge is no joke either so it looks to get dicey for the Skins early. Looks like a lot of parity out there to me.. from some distance. Maybe you can bring us closer..

Reactions: wilson8500
Any word on if James is playing somewhere in college?
He had put West Chester on his twitter account but I don't see him on their roster, and I never saw a formal commitment. You would think that no matter his size, he'd at least be getting a shot at the D2/D3 level.

I thought some of the big schools were interested, Md, BC, Syra ?

I thought some of the big schools were interested, Md, BC, Syra ?
I can't imagine that, with the D1 obsession with measurables. He was a great HS football player, but I watched him against West get caught by a MLB with a sprained ankle on a jet sweep near the goal line. Hopefully he landed somewhere he can play 4 more years of football.

I can't imagine that, with the D1 obsession with measurables. He was a great HS football player, but I watched him against West get caught by a MLB with a sprained ankle on a jet sweep near the goal line. Hopefully he landed somewhere he can play 4 more years of football.
I don't follow the players after HS. Saw it somewhere and now see it was for a kid with same name out of Illinois. So you're right.

Looks like he is a Ram.

He had very good numbers while a 'Skin and could really find and run through the creases (with solid quick burst acceleration) but the "metrics" weren't really there for D1.

In his four years at Neshaminy (actually just three as he had only a handful of carries as a ninth grader) he played in 28 games as a soph to senior. He gained a total of 3,239 yards on 483 carriers to come in at 6.70 yards per attempt. He also scored 32 TDs. All of that averaged out to about 120 yards a game along with a TD and change per contest (his junior year he was hampered with a nagging injury of some sort or those figures might have been somewhat higher).

Reactions: bucksftball
Looks like he is a Ram.

He had very good numbers while a 'Skin and could really find and run through the creases (with solid quick burst acceleration) but the "metrics" weren't really there for D1.

In his four years at Neshaminy (actually just three as he had only a handful of carries as a ninth grader) he played in 28 games as a soph to senior. He gained a total of 3,239 yards on 483 carriers to come in at 6.70 yards per attempt. He also scored 32 TDs. All of that averaged out to about 120 yards a game along with a TD and change per contest (his junior year he was hampered with a nagging injury of some sort or those figures might have been somewhat higher).
Great career and even more impressive that so many of those yards were between the tackles running power.

Fletch -

I picked up that info off the 'Skins site (a spot where the kids have indicated they're going).

I'll see what else I can learn by asking around.

Reactions: Fletchster1
ADVERTISEMENT