Pennsbury 0-3
Ridley 0-3

5A
West Chester East 3-0
Oxford 3-0
Unionville 1-2
Rustin 1-2
Henderson 0-3

Neshaminy, Pennsbury and Truman will all fall back into their respective hierarchy once they all play one another. I would say that the Skins and Falcons played much tougher opponents to prepare for league play. West QB is a stud, and Academy Park may be the top team in D1 5A.

Rustin is 1-1. They opted to play 9 games.
Unionvlle: Not surprised. Roster decimated by graduation, played two of the best teams in 6A and 5A in first two games.

I give Neshaminy, Pennsubry and Unionville credit for playing quality out of league competition and not padding the schedule with cupcakes. Will be interested to come back to this post in 7 weeks.

Neshaminy, Pennsbury and Truman will all fall back into their respective hierarchy once they all play one another. I would say that the Skins and Falcons played much tougher opponents to prepare for league play. West QB is a stud, and Academy Park may be the top team in D1 5A.

Rustin is 1-1. They opted to play 9 games.
Unionvlle: Not surprised. Roster decimated by graduation, played two of the best teams in 6A and 5A in first two games.

I give Neshaminy, Pennsubry and Unionville credit for playing quality out of league competition and not padding the schedule with cupcakes. Will be interested to come back to this post in 7 weeks.
Agreed on tough non league schedules. I respect and like seeing the top hierarchy scheduling these non-conference games. Academy Park seems like they are always a tough out in 5A playoffs. Side note: Wouldn’t mind hearing the Chesmont merging w the DelVal as they could bring quality football and basketball plus add a 6A football team to the league.

I could see Truman possibly lose to Neshaminy if #5 starts playing offense full time again. Other then that, Neshaminy is simply a #10-16 type of team. Pennsbury was also hit hard by graduation but I believe Truman is a better football team than Pennsbury this year.
Chestmont, wishful thinking on your part but I seriously doubt the DelVal wants any part of the Chestmont League. Are any of those teams even 6A anymore?

Here are my top 8 seeded 6A teams in District 1 through 3 games.
1. North Penn
2. Garnet Valley
3. Coatesville
4. Downingtown East
5. Downingtown West
6. Truman
7.Quakertown
8.Haverford High
Not exactly sure who will fill out the final 8 spots and in what order, but I believe these teams will all be in and be top seeds barring injuries.

Del-Val and ChesMont would never merge; costs associated with travel for all of the Del Val schools that are all in significant budget crises would never happen. Additionally, Interboro would never want in. 4A school playing large 5A and 6A schools? No thanks. Wouldn't blame them, either.

I kind of saw the 0-3 coming for Ridley, 1-2 at best. I thought they could beat Judge, but would be out of contention by October. And while the unbalanced schedule has them avoiding Marple , it turns out that both Radnor and Haven might be better. Other than Stoga , I don’t see many easy games left. First time 0-3 since 1954 and Wood is now 0-3 vs Springfield.

Hey Speed: Do you think Ridley should get away from the triple option and go back to what Ridley is known for (great QB's).

They aren’t even running the triple option. It’s some convoluted veer offense but the QB Is rarely under center. I think officially they are calling it the pistol. But who knows. It’s hard to have a QB centric offense when that’s not how the staff was built. They are going to stick with what they know , and throwing the ball is not it. I’m on record as saying it does not matter to me what offense they run so long as they run it well. And this is not being run well

I could see Truman possibly lose to Neshaminy if #5 starts playing offense full time again. Other then that, Neshaminy is simply a #10-16 type of team. Pennsbury was also hit hard by graduation but I believe Truman is a better football team than Pennsbury this year.
Chestmont, wishful thinking on your part but I seriously doubt the DelVal wants any part of the Chestmont League. Are any of those teams even 6A anymore?

Here are my top 8 seeded 6A teams in District 1 through 3 games.
1. North Penn
2. Garnet Valley
3. Coatesville
4. Downingtown East
5. Downingtown West
6. Truman
7.Quakertown
8.Haverford High
Not exactly sure who will fill out the final 8 spots and in what order, but I believe these teams will all be in and be top seeds barring injuries.

Coatesville is the top team in 6A D-1 and I'm not sure it's all that close. Both Downingtown's and Garnet MIGHT be ahead of North Penn, too.

Burrs,
I was going by points in the end. If Noth Penn wins out, they will be the #1 based on points. I dont think they are the best team, however, they only play 6A schools which gives them the most points. If Quakertown were to run the table, they would be a high seed as well. Needless to say, all of the other schools I mentioned would beat them in th eplayoffs in my opinion.

I was going by points in the end. If Noth Penn wins out, they will be the #1 based on points. I dont think they are the best team, however, they only play 6A schools which gives them the most points. If Quakertown were to run the table, they would be a high seed as well. Needless to say, all of the other schools I mentioned would beat them in th eplayoffs in my opinion.

Maybe not IAdelco. Coatesville will get a lot of bonus points at the end of their schedule, the last 4 opponents are a combined 11-1 right now. However, they do play several teams lower than 6A.

I don't think anyone thought NP's first 3 opponents would be a combined 1-8. NP's upcoming 6 conference opponents are a combined 5-13. Based on that I can't see them jumping Coatesville. We know GV will be in the mix too if undefeated

Reactions: Soup13
What kills Coatesville is Bishop Shanahan is now 4A and lowers the win points to 100 plus bonus. That and beating WC Henderson and Cumberland Valley, who are each 0-3, together eventually will challenge come playoff time. Rustin only playing 9 games will hurt the average scoring as well.

What kills Coatesville is Bishop Shanahan is now 4A and lowers the win points to 100 plus bonus. That and beating WC Henderson and Cumberland Valley, who are each 0-3, together eventually will challenge come playoff time. Rustin only playing 9 games will hurt the average scoring as well.
Pastor - Henderson being 0-10 is going to hurt Coatesville points wise more than a 4-6 or 5-5 Shanahan! I’m a Coatesville fan as I grew up in area but a Shanahan alum. If you think about it Coatesville has gotten more bonus points from Shanahan vs Henderson East and Avon Grove these past 3-5 years. Check the past league rankings. I hope the Raiders go all the way.

Last edited:
I don't see North Penn even hanging around with Coatesville personally. North Penn & Neshaminy played an even game but then Neshaminy got throttled by Downingtown West who's a distant second from Coatesville in the Ches-Mont.

Pastor - Henderson being 0-10 is going to hurt Coatesville points wise more than a 4-6 or 5-5 Shanahan! I’m a Coatesville fan as I grew up in area but a Shanahan alum. If you think about it Coatesville has gotten more bonus points from Shanahan vs Henderson East and Avon Grove these past 3-5 years. Check the past league rankings. I hope the Raiders go all the way.

you think Shanahan will win 4 or 5 games? That team that we played on Friday was almost as bad as Henderson.

you think Shanahan will win 4 or 5 games? That team that we played on Friday was almost as bad as Henderson.
Yes. I do. Congrats on the win. I hope the Red Raiders don’t get too overconfident like some of the posters as it will lead to downfall. Is it true the Raiders have the oldest line in D1?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT