ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 Power Rankings

Does Joe Kane wait until week 9 to provide the future scenarios? or is it usually this week?
In the past I've put the playoff calculator up for Week 8 or 9; but since the switch to the new formula (meaning ALL the games on a team's schedule need to be accounted for and not just wins) its a bit more work to set up so I will try and have it ready going into the last week of the season.

Great list Kyle. Good chance West Chester Rustin finishes 8-2. ( you have Coatesville at 7-3 so I'm assuming Cville loses to Rustin in week 10?). Did they miss out the top 20?

Looks like K-Berg has Coatesville winning that game. Raiders would have 4 losses if they lose to Rustin.

Rustin has to beat Coatesville to possibly get in. The Sun Valley and Octorara games really hurt Rustin with the points. They are currently 19th and will eventually pass CRN and Neshaminy, not sure after that. Might need CRN to beat CRS week 10.

Was hoping the game between Rustin and Coatesville would be a play in game giving us an early playoff like atmosphere a week early. Any chance that actually happens or is Coatesville pretty much eliminated?

Coatesville definitely has a shot to get in. In Kyle's projections they are only 10 points out of the 16th spot. There are so many games in the following two weeks that will affect the standings.

KBerg has both Garnet Valley and UD winning. Can't happen since they both play each other. If Council Rock South loses, they are out, Garnet Valley with a loss will be out. Rustin/Coatesville winner could conceivably get in? PW plays a AA Springfield to finish off the year. With a win, they would only get 70 points. Is that enough to stay in?

I think that's why P-W is the last team getting in with an 8-2 record. My guess is Kyle just gave GV the wrong record. They should be in the 14th spot with a 7-3 record.
Relayer - That's correct. Clerical error on my part. GV's points reflect them losing to Upper Darby. They are in with a 7-3 record. Guess that extra hour of sleep didn't help haha.

Yes, edited my post after I saw you made the change. Looking forward to Friday night!

Relayer - That's correct. Clerical error on my part. GV's points reflect them losing to Upper Darby. They are in with a 7-3 record. Guess that extra hour of sleep didn't help haha.
Does the winner of the Coatesville vs. Rustin game have any chance to make the playoffs? If so do you know of the scenarios

Does the winner of the Coatesville vs. Rustin game have any chance to make the playoffs? If so do you know of the scenarios
Coatesville has an outside shot at the #16 seed; Rustin can't get enough points to make the field of 16. Coatesville would obviously need to win, have all of their non-conf opponents win and hope Pennridge's non conf. opponents lose. I'm pretty sure that C-Ville would win a tiebreaker with Pennridge, (strength of schedule), but lose a tiebreaker with P-W (reg. season record)

Reactions: IAdelco
Hard to believe Rustin won't get in with an 8-2 record. I just looked at the WPIAL 4A bracket and there are three 3-6 teams in their playoffs. District One's problem is they have so many more schools competing for those 16 spots. Every week is a playoff game for some of these teams.

Hard to believe Rustin won't get in with an 8-2 record. I just looked at the WPIAL 4A bracket and there are three 3-6 teams in their playoffs. District One's problem is they have so many more schools competing for those 16 spots. Every week is a playoff game for some of these teams.

in 4A the D7 playoffs does not align to the D1 playoffs in terms of the PIAA bracket. The D1 champion plays in the state semifinal. The D7 champion is in the quarter final. So a D7 playoff team needs to win more games.

Should 3-6 teams actually be in the playoffs? This all changes next year anyway.

True, it will be very interesting to see how the WPIAL sets up their post season next year. They've been doing it this way forever. Six games at Heinz Field?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT