ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 6A Predictions

Sub1Monster

Sep 28, 2018
Thoughts on the brackets? Upset picks? I like Downingtown East over Spring-Ford, and I’m sure I’m not alone. Is Neshaminy up for a letdown after big win over Pennsbury?

Thoughts on the brackets? Upset picks? I like Downingtown East over Spring-Ford, and I’m sure I’m not alone. Is Neshaminy up for a letdown after big win over Pennsbury?

Disagree about Neshaminy. They have played Pennsbury week 10 forever leading into the playoffs and have had plenty of success in the postseason.. I don't see them losing to Haverford.

Reactions: Sub1Monster
Admittedly know not enough about Neshaminy. May be poor matchup for Haverford. Also Haverford has won absolutely zero at district level while Neshaminy is Neshaminy. However Haverfords offense is an absolute threat to anyone not named Coatesville. Bad loss to Ridley and Neshaminy on a roll. Be shocked if that’s not an absolute war. Been shocked before and it’s a prove it moment for Haverford.

NP over Rid
Nesh over Hav
DW over UD
Tru over CRS
CV over CBE
DE over SF
GV over PB
PV over QT

Tru vs NP
CV vs GV

CV vs NP

CV (just too much speed and athleticism for any D1 school to handle)

Before I can make a prediction on Week one of playoffs, I have to ask people who know their programs better than I do.

1) So Neshaminy backers, is Manzyk back to playing offense and defense and specifically running back? That would be a game changer for me.
2) How is Springford's run defense? Did they shutdown Wilson West Lawn or did Wilson rush the ball well against them? How big are they up front?
3) Can Quakertown D stop the pass?
4) Is Ridley's defense significantly better all of a sudden or did they dominate the clock with their running game and hang on to beat Haverford High because they dominated the time of possession? I dont think they can do that against North Penn, but if they can stop the run and cover 1 Wr, they have a shot.

Info on Neshaminy since the Truman lost Neshaminy has only given up 21 points and those points have come late in the 4th qt when they have a comfortably lead.

is the District title game held at the higher seed place ? If so, that will help NP against CV as their field is grass and not in great shape right now and more rain coming Friday

Ridley over NP, Ridley ball control, stuff run with 8 in box, blanket haynes and spy qb.
CV district 1 champion
DW
DE
GV at least semifinal
Hav good team, good offense
TR
PV

I have two upset alerts for the first round.

1) Haverford over Neshaminy. SOL teams have trouble defending the pass because very few teams in the league spread people and throw it. If Haverford can jump out and make Neshaminy throw it they can pull the upset off.

2) Spring-Ford over DEast: Downingtown has the edge upfront, but there secondary is very very below avg. If the Rams can get a few scores early this one will go down to the wire. Downingtown is so one dimensional that if they are trailing they will have a hard time coming back.

Almost all chalk until the semis.

R1
1 North Penn over 16 Ridley
8 Neshaminy over 9 Haverford

4 Downingtown West over 13 Upper Darby
5 Truman over 12 Council Rock South

2 Coatesville over 15 CB East
10 Downingtown East over 7 Springford

3 Garnet Valley over 14 Pennsbury
6 Perkiomen Valley over 11 Quakertown

R2
1 North Penn over 8 Neshaminy

4 Downingtown West over 5 Truman

2 Coatesville over 10 Downingtown East

3 Garnet Valley over 6 Perkiomen Valley

Semis
4 Downingtown West over 1 North Penn

2 Coatesville over 3 Garnet Valley

Final
2 Coatesville over 4 Downingtown West

MP very good insight. I agree with some of it, but still feel Nesh and DE will come out on top.

Fletchster1, do you thing if DE was the 9th seed it would be DE vs DW in Semi's? Would have been very impressive for ChesMont to have 3 in Semi's. I do think DE is top 4 team, just won't beat CV.

I predict DE will give CV a tougher time 2nd time around, just won't win.

I have two upset alerts for the first round.

1) Haverford over Neshaminy. SOL teams have trouble defending the pass because very few teams in the league spread people and throw it. If Haverford can jump out and make Neshaminy throw it they can pull the upset off.

2) Spring-Ford over DEast: Downingtown has the edge upfront, but there secondary is very very below avg. If the Rams can get a few scores early this one will go down to the wire. Downingtown is so one dimensional that if they are trailing they will have a hard time coming back.

You do realize that your "upsets" involve and 8/9 and a 7/10? I know we get carried away by the names but these games could go either way. To me an upset is Upper Darby beating D-West or Pennsbury beating Garnet

hard to pick an actual "upset" without actual point spreads and or real time seeding. If you took the 16 teams and had to seed them on your own, kind of like college football does, what would it look like? Just off the top of my head , AND not looking to offend any team or their fans, this is what i have:

Coatesville
G Valley
N Penn
DT West
Perk Valley
DT East
Truman
S Ford
Neshaminy
Haverford
Ridley
CR South
UD
Quakertwon
CB East
Pennsbury

I am going off of what I have seen with my own eyes. The District power ratings are a joke. Does anyone think that NP is better then Cville? They are #1 because of all the 6A teams in their league. Neshaminy should beat Haverford and DEast should beat Spring-Ford. That is why I am calling them upsets if those teams win.

Fletchster1, do you thing if DE was the 9th seed it would be DE vs DW in Semi's? Would have been very impressive for ChesMont to have 3 in Semi's. I do think DE is top 4 team, just won't beat CV.

NP is hard to read since they struggled against some teams they should have handled easily. The top 3 in the ChesMont seem to be a step above the SOL this year.

I can speak to Neshaminy. Their defense has been really good lately, and strong against the pass. They have quite a few interceptions and a lot of QB sacks and hurries. Their biggest issue was sloppy tackling through the first half of the year.
The question on Manzyk. He only carries the ball a few times a game and usually short yardage situations. Chris James is the starting tail back. He is small, quick and very tough. He jukes tacklers in traffic and breaks a lot of tackles. Lots of positive yardage after contact. He is one tough little dude.
McAndrew, the QB has played well of late too. Manzyk is moved in to a WR spot on 3rd and long, but concentrates mostly on D, as they have plenty of weapons on offense.
I read that Haverford's QB is is a good ball handler and a good dual treat guy. That could cause problems as those tricky ball handlers have traditionally been a problem for the Skins.
I don't see Haverford stopping the Skins ground attack. James has been very impressive, and McAndrew to Joyce, Manzyk, O'Connor, or Canimore seems to be clicking when needed. The Skins will eat the clock. The game will probably be close though given Haverford's skill players and that tricky ball movement.
As for predictions, I'll go chalk first round. All the favorites advance.
Second round, I'll be a homer and take the Skins in the rematch against North Penn who won the opener in double OT after Neshaminy came up a yard short on a two point conversion going for the win.
I am very impressed with DTW, and I think they handle Truman's speed.
Coatesville beats DTE, probably by more than the first time.
Garnet Valley over Perk Valley.
Next round: DTW beat up Neshaminy the first time around. I think the Skins give them a better game, but I think DTW wins in a close one.
I think Coatesville smokes Garnet Valley.
And Coatesville rather easily beats DTW for the D1 title.
I think Cotesville goes to the States and loses a close hard fought contest to St. Joe Prep in the final.

MP-No need to get "upset" just pointed out those two games as ones that could go either way even if you throw out the power ratings. Haverford is a solid team that just got exposed against Ridley but Neshaminy isn't exactly scaring anyone either. Can they keep up with Fords skill?

Spring-Ford has proven to be a legit 6A team over the past 5-6 years. If they beat DEast at home I wouldn't be that surprised. They played some teams on DEast level already in Exeter and Wilson-West Lawn so they won't be intimidated..just my opinions, I have no dog in this fight..

Agreed, SOL is vulnerable this year and frankly the last few. The SOL powers would normally run all over the ChesMont teams but not anymore. The days of Bucks-W, Neshaminy, Pennsbury and NorthPenn making deep runs by smash-mouth is over.

R1

R2

Semis

Final

Missed on the Perkiomen Valley versus Quakertown game.

Can the Skins take down the "struggling" Knights?
Can the Tigers hang with the Whippets?
Can the Cougars find some way to slow down the Red Raiders?
Does Quakertown have the horses to disrupt that GV offense?

GV mercy rules Quakertown.
The Knights will win another battle against the Skins.
Truman will beat DWest and Coatesville has too much fire power for DEast to keep up with .

Neshaminy wins a close one in Wissahickon.
GV wins by at least 2 td's
Dwest wins a close one at home over Truman by 7 or less
Coatesville wins 35-21 in a much closer game than people expect.

R1

R2

Semis

Final

I like Skins this week in the payback; their D looks legit.

Don’t know about Tigers as I only see on wbcb and West had their way with skins; Tigers just survived that one.

Maybe SoL Not down as much as thought, but Falcons added lots of fire with that smack down at GVarney,

GV mercy rules Quakertown.
The Knights will win another battle against the Skins.
Truman will beat DWest and Coatesville has too much fire power for DEast to keep up with .
IA - usually we see eye to eye on teams, so I’m curious about what you know about Truman and DW to make that pick.

Sub1,
Truman is an up and coming program. They play a physical brand of football and have some real good athletes to go with it. I am not sure they will win but it will be a hard hitting football game

Here is what I think I know and see. DWEST, well documented lately, struggles to win playoff games. They won their first since 2009 I believe. Truman, basically being coached by old Pennsbury staff, was 2-0 against DWEST during that time period. Truman is really fast and they run the Wing T and same 4-4 defense they ran when they were at Pennsbury. Id like DWEST to win, but they struggles to beat Shanahan, gave up 20 something to WC East and I thought they would kill an average Upper Darby team. They did not. It was 28-20 with 7 minutes to go in the 4th.

UD has dwest in a 3rd and 14 or so with about 8 min left down 28-20. UD sacked the qb but was flagged for a face mask (it was a face mask). UD also dropped 2 tds, rushed for well over 250 yards and had about 100yards in penalties. Dwest added a td at the end when I thought they could have kneeled it out. Point is- dwest better sure up their rushing defense before playing Truman this week.

Sub1,
Truman is an up and coming program. They play a physical brand of football and have some real good athletes to go with it. I am not sure they will win but it will be a hard hitting football game
Thanks MP, I think I might pull for Tigers as they sound intriguing.

North Penn-Neshaminy
Skins playing way better recently especially on D. Skins by 14.66.

DWest-Truman
2nd best team in D1 wins by 8.2 points

Coatesville-DEast
6 of last 7 have been road games. Raiders by 50.53 points

Garnet Valley-Quakertown
Underrated D for Qtown but a long way from home and Jags love home cookin. G-Val by 20.27

Neshaminy over North Penn in another barn burner

Truman over D’West with a defensive score

Coatesville over D’East blow out both team scores a lot here

Garnet Valley over Q’Town with time of possession and efficiency in the red zone.

SJP over LaSalle by 20+

Looks like another wet Friday night.

I don’t see DE putting a lot of points on CV. They have seen each other and Ortega knows defense. I see CV scoring 35+.

NP over Neshaminy - Skins’ roll stops tomorrow.

GV should beat QT if they don’t turn ball over.

DW wins on crazy Milano flea flicker.

Reactions: King Chesco
Cv over DE

Truman over DW

NP over Nesh

GV over QT

Weather will keep these games closer then expected.

I can speak to Neshaminy. Their defense has been really good lately, and strong against the pass. They have quite a few interceptions and a lot of QB sacks and hurries. Their biggest issue was sloppy tackling through the first half of the year.
The question on Manzyk. He only carries the ball a few times a game and usually short yardage situations. Chris James is the starting tail back. He is small, quick and very tough. He jukes tacklers in traffic and breaks a lot of tackles. Lots of positive yardage after contact. He is one tough little dude.
McAndrew, the QB has played well of late too. Manzyk is moved in to a WR spot on 3rd and long, but concentrates mostly on D, as they have plenty of weapons on offense.
I read that Haverford's QB is is a good ball handler and a good dual treat guy. That could cause problems as those tricky ball handlers have traditionally been a problem for the Skins.
I don't see Haverford stopping the Skins ground attack. James has been very impressive, and McAndrew to Joyce, Manzyk, O'Connor, or Canimore seems to be clicking when needed. The Skins will eat the clock. The game will probably be close though given Haverford's skill players and that tricky ball movement.
As for predictions, I'll go chalk first round. All the favorites advance.
Second round, I'll be a homer and take the Skins in the rematch against North Penn who won the opener in double OT after Neshaminy came up a yard short on a two point conversion going for the win.
I am very impressed with DTW, and I think they handle Truman's speed.
Coatesville beats DTE, probably by more than the first time.
Garnet Valley over Perk Valley.
Next round: DTW beat up Neshaminy the first time around. I think the Skins give them a better game, but I think DTW wins in a close one.
I think Coatesville smokes Garnet Valley.
And Coatesville rather easily beats DTW for the D1 title.
I think Cotesville goes to the States and loses a close hard fought contest to St. Joe Prep in the final.

Does anyone know if Nesh vs NP on tv or streaming?
Thx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT