ADVERTISEMENT

Delco Times transfer article - hey writer

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
You are promoting hate singling out Catholic schools. What about Micah Parsons? Your article sucks as you are trying to spin it. Report examples everywhere as this is the second or third you focused on negativity of Catholic schools. Let’s by clear clown the in season transfer happens in pubs as you so closely hold as holier than thou.

The only thing that is crystal clear is you trying to pound your chest as the Eagles drop to 4A and you finally get to have a piece of the pie the PIAA is serving up to the open boundary schools.

Cheers,

Busch

Reactions: dywcoach
Amen.. hallelujah !!!! Busch with the homily. chesmont needs to become a journalist. He has the time, the passion and can speak to the 33% Catholics in Chester County.

Reactions: dywcoach
I think That you have missed the point of the article. I get this happens all over but do you condone these transfers? This is a real problem that gets swept under the rug.

Dip
Ches and others are pointing out that 'Professional Journalists" are using their forum and inserting their opinions to attack private schools. I have not heard one person on here say they agree with Egan or Harrisburg playing mid season transfers. Some pointed out that no rules were broken, most/all agree the rule needs to be changed. Ok can we move on form that? Delco, Chester, Bucks and Mont counties media have all had journalists this year comment that the private school no boundary advantage is out of control and needs changed. It feels like we are at the crescendo of anger against catholic schools and their student athletes.
One more example of the media spewing their personal opinions instead of facts. I was at a public/private game in chester county and when we entered, the woman taking tickets noticed a friends public school sweatshirt and commented that good you must be rooting for the public school we need to beat these catholics. Pretty innocent, but make no mistake this movement will not stop until everyone gets a trophy.

The most disappointing thing is that there are some great players and performances that do not get discussed because of this overwhelming blindness to attack any private school. Coach Clark and his players from Unionville said it best after their loss to Wood. Yeah Wood has a ton of talent but that talent is well coached and that talent plays hard. Very classy....

I don’t. There needs to be a rule within the PIAA on in season transfers. The PIAA is the issue. The rule is subject to interpretation as the rule is currently written. I don’t care if it’s a pub or parochial school, the issue is who signs off on the transfer and does the District review the transfer? The application of the rule different in different parts of the state. Each District gets to define who can and can’t transfer. That is an issue and some Districts are more lenient. Sorta like California on certain states rights. Same with senior year transfers. I don’t give a crap about the recruiting of 8th graders. That has to happen and people have a choice of where they want to send their kids. However, in season (very few) and senior transfers (again, very few) needs a tighter rule. Also, if a parent wants to “move” his or her child into another School District that is their choice. It does happen in Public schools in SE Pa.. No different than choosing a parochial education for their child.

Good points. I agree This is a PIAA problem. To often they look the other way. The 8th grade thing I get. It is what it is. I just don’t see an answer to stopping this.

First off, the article did mention the Harrisburg situation last year. .

Second , he's not reporting on a game , he's offering his opinion on a sports issues. That's what columnists do - they offer opinions.

Lastly , the article had nothing to do with Catholics per se . Just private schools. I'm guessing a decent chunk of players at a NG, or West Catholic , or St Joes are even practicing Catholic. If an article came out blasting Episcopal Academy , would we immediately think the article was anti- episcopalian?

Dip
Ches and others are pointing out that 'Professional Journalists" are using their forum and inserting their opinions to attack private schools. I have not heard one person on here say they agree with Egan or Harrisburg playing mid season transfers. Some pointed out that no rules were broken, most/all agree the rule needs to be changed. Ok can we move on form that? Delco, Chester, Bucks and Mont counties media have all had journalists this year comment that the private school no boundary advantage is out of control and needs changed. It feels like we are at the crescendo of anger against catholic schools and their student athletes.
One more example of the media spewing their personal opinions instead of facts. I was at a public/private game in chester county and when we entered, the woman taking tickets noticed a friends public school sweatshirt and commented that good you must be rooting for the public school we need to beat these catholics. Pretty innocent, but make no mistake this movement will not stop until everyone gets a trophy.

The most disappointing thing is that there are some great players and performances that do not get discussed because of this overwhelming blindness to attack any private school. Coach Clark and his players from Unionville said it best after their loss to Wood. Yeah Wood has a ton of talent but that talent is well coached and that talent plays hard. Very classy....
Amen brother. It’s a one sided issue to these jaded individuals. We cant win so we cry! Lets acknowledge ALL the issues as we have things can be fixed in public and private/Catholic relating to football.

Last edited:
First off, the article did mention the Harrisburg situation last year. .

Second , he's not reporting on a game , he's offering his opinion on a sports issues. That's what columnists do - they offer opinions.

Lastly , the article had nothing to do with Catholics per se . Just private schools. I'm guessing a decent chunk of players at a NG, or West Catholic , or St Joes are even practicing Catholic. If an article came out blasting Episcopal Academy , would we immediately think the article was anti- episcopalian?
Speed - This dude has written several articles. If you are gonna paint a bad pic of one side make sure you show all sides. Can you tell confidently tell me that he does in his articles. Let me be biased and say what the hell is in the water of that little piece of Delco. Jesus

I dont See this as crying. What dog in the fit does a journalist have. There are many catholic/private schools in Delaware County. This just happens to be the latest occurrence. He literally says in the article “This is by no means a Catholic or private school question only”.

I dont See this as crying. What dog in the fit does a journalist have. There are many catholic/private schools in Delaware County. This just happens to be the latest occurrence. He literally says in the article “This is by no means a Catholic or private school question only”.
How about the writer publishes an article about some of the public schools partaking in questionable recruiting.. I mean transfer!! = Ain’t never gonna happen w the yocal!

I didn’t realize “ticket takers”were part of the media bias? Not cool, but has nothing to do with the media. Just saying Salvucci.

Chesmont- Pleas give us examples of Public schools recruiting and transfers.. you can’t make a statement without specifics. Thanks.

Chesmont- Pleas give us examples of Public schools recruiting and transfers.. you can’t make a statement without specifics. Thanks.

He can’t. Pretty simple if you move into a district and pay taxes guess what you get to play football. Done deal. Dude is a straight up Bunchy Donovan!

Cheers,

Busch

He can’t. Pretty simple if you move into a district and pay taxes guess what you get to play football. Done deal. Dude is a straight up Bunchy Donovan!

Cheers,

Busch
Just cements my earlier comments of the religious based anti Catholicism instead of rationalizing on facts. It’s pretty straight forward your little narrow, bigoted and low IQ of below 51 which I’m sure you’ve heard yourself as referred to as “Moron” many times in your life is pretty evident.

I won't name names but I had a friend that I grew up with on 1 side of Delco playing youth football from the ages of 6-12. He had big growth going into 7th grade and could no longer play "weight" ball because he got too tall/heavy. He then had to play CYO ball for the local parish team and played in the 8th grade Blue/Gold all-star game. He was a very very good player and was approached by many coaches, catholic/private/public hs coaches, during the week of practice and after the actual game. His parents were also talked to by these coaches. When it was all said and done, the family ended up moving a few weeks before the start of his freshmen year and he ended up playing for another public school on the other side of Delco.

I'm not saying this happens all the time or everywhere, I'm just saying I have heard that public schools do it from time to time.

Chesmont- Let me address the CB west “transfer” a few years back. If you remember, CB west had a hazing incident during the soph year of that player. He played 3 sports. Football, hoops and lacrosse. If I remember correctly, and I do, they cancelled their last 2 football games in 2014. So, you are the parent of that kid. What do you do? The family chose to move to North Wales for their child. They could have stayed, and/or chose to transfer to Wood, LC, Egan, LaSalle based on proximity. They chose to Move into the NP school district prior to his Junior year. No recruiting. No transfer. In all honesty, all they had to do was register their son at NP after the move. You and I would have done something in that scenario. Maybe our choices would be different, but we would have done something for our child. I think we can agree on that.

Just cements my earlier comments of the religious based anti Catholicism instead of rationalizing on facts. It’s pretty straight forward your little narrow, bigoted and low IQ of below 51 which I’m sure you’ve heard yourself as referred to as “Moron” many times in your life is pretty evident.

Yeah. Thats definitely not appropriate, Busch. That was over the line...

You are given the Micah’s Parsons example in the article. The article has no issue with Catholic schools it is literally about a transfer that in no way should have been allowed to go through. Right before the playoffs? Come on man that passes the sniff test?

You’ll never get a argument about a public school transfer as long as the kid legitimately lives in the district. It’s not going to ever happen.

Why are you so worried? The drop to 4A should be enticing for the Eagles. You may have a shot at beating Pottsgrove.

Cheers,

Busch

Guys you make it sound as if the non boundary/public school issue is football only. It is the two money sports ie football and basketball. The percentage of non bounty schools that reach the finials in each sport is way bigger then the percentage of the non boundary/ public within state. I’m old enough to be the father or grand father of most you on this board. I have been to the basketball finials every year that it has been held in Hershey. I enjoy watching quality teams in both sports and have drove hundreds of miles to watch a good matchup. As for the non boundary school issue I couldn’t wait for the Philly leagues to join the PIAA to be able to see some matchups that weren’t possible before. With that in mind I expected the non boundary/public school issue would end up were we are at now. In my opinion there has to be system like Jersey were the two are separated from each other. Until that happens people are going to complain of being at a disadvantage.

Just read an article where it looks like PW will be THE team to beat in District 1 this year in hoops. State contender, and lo and behold a 6'7" forward showed up at the school doorstep when school opened, a transfer, making the team even stronger. I am sure there is a good reason, and trashing the transfer isn't my point. My point is it happens.

Separating private and public works for ice hockey with no complaints. Not recognizing the advantage that the private schools have is just silly.

Separating private and public works for ice hockey with no complaints. Not recognizing the advantage that the private schools have is just silly.

I think most reasonable people recognize it. I know I do. However, not recognizing that advantages and disadvantages come in many forms, which many public supporters fail to point out, and that the PUBs do advantageous things themselves is equally as silly.

Reactions: lilromeo
D1 football, wrong on cb west qb transfer. Just flat wrong, but thats ok, this transfer, recruit move stuff is maddening.

Chesmont- Let me address the CB west “transfer” a few years back. If you remember, CB west had a hazing incident during the soph year of that player. He played 3 sports. Football, hoops and lacrosse. If I remember correctly, and I do, they cancelled their last 2 football games in 2014. So, you are the parent of that kid. What do you do? The family chose to move to North Wales for their child. They could have stayed, and/or chose to transfer to Wood, LC, Egan, LaSalle based on proximity. They chose to Move into the NP school district prior to his Junior year. No recruiting. No transfer. In all honesty, all they had to do was register their son at NP after the move. You and I would have done something in that scenario. Maybe our choices would be different, but we would have done something for our child. I think we can agree on that.

D1 football, wrong on cb west qb transfer. Just flat wrong, but thats ok, this transfer, recruit move stuff is maddening.

Here is the story I heard at a bar in Philly for what it’s worth...The QBs Dad plays poker with Beck, the kid and Dad at Abington game prior year as a recruiting trip scenario. They already had the house as rental property in North Wales for years, made the move, kid has phenomenal 2 Years, Dad is now on coaching staff. The move was for athletics which PIAA says is a no no. People bitch about all the PCL,Inter-AC, ha. Kenny White did not like something at West A so he and his dad roll to PR. I don’t know much about that but athletic transfers happen and rarely vetoed.

Most states have pretty well defined rules when it comes to transfers. the PIAA rule is pretty archaic for whatever reason. IMHO, New Jersey, despite its 38 state champions, has the best rule:
You transfer, you sit out 30 days. No "but my dad got transferred for work", "my parents are divorcing and im going to live with mom", " i cant afford private school anymore and going back to public". Its automatic 30 days and no one really challlenges it, and there is no grey area.

Isolated public schools examples vs. systemic private school recruiting. PIAA follows the Golden Rule
when it comes to football, whoever has the most gold makes the rules. Allowing the privates to compete with the public’s has only exacerbated the imbalance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT