ADVERTISEMENT

Court Case in Western PA regarding transfers and eligibility.

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
This is an interesting thread. Seems like kid took PIAA to court and is including loss of NIL opportunities as part of reason to allow transfers. That could carry some weight given the USSC ruling that NCAA at least can’t limit ability of athlete to make money.

He kid is Louie Gill. He’s a top 5ish kid in the country at 113, returning state champ, committed to NC State. He transferred from Hickory to Reynolds, which is one of the traditionally excellent 2A teams that has won a bunch of state titles, and has often been accused of getting transfers to bolster their program.

This is an interesting thread. Seems like kid took PIAA to court and is including loss of NIL opportunities as part of reason to allow transfers. That could carry some weight given the USSC ruling that NCAA at least can’t limit ability of athlete to make money.

We've all been wondering for years that if you can do it, why can't I? Simplistic I know. Just trying to cut thru it to get at the point since we all understand or think we understand the particulars.
At some stage this had to become a legal issue regardless of complaints 'this or that concern' will be negatively impacted.

Laser view as always, Stalk (short & sweet).

I like where this is heading (maybe the courts will be "the rescue").

Hmmm ...

Reactions: Stalker
Laser view as always, Stalk (short & sweet).

I like where this is heading (maybe the courts will be "the rescue").

Hmmm ...
Ha. Laser focus indeed. Hello councilor. Heading to the range this week with the Heckler's, Koch's and Sauers; good company. Been going to a few in East Earl outside Lancaster but a beautiful drive from Delco on the back roads through horse country of Chester County and all the rolling hills.

Reactions: bucksftball
Nothing like spending quality time with the family (yep -- the Smiths, the Wessons, the Colts - all solid folk; heck, even the Rugers, Berettas and Ubertis are welcome, among others).

Reactions: Stalker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT