ADVERTISEMENT

Contenders from everyones district

Hausmann1978

May 5, 2021
Being a district 10 guy here will be all the winners from district 10.
6A McDowell
5A Erie cathedral prep
4A meadville
3A oil city
2A Farrell
1A Renoylds
I'm always biased towards ecp being a graduate but they remind me a lot of last year's Mt Lebo team. Both had a new coach, are senior heavy, and their major D1 guys are their QB, RB, WR, and LT. Oil city probably has the biggest O line in the state in 3A and their running back Ethan knox has speed and oh yeah he leads the entire nation in rushing. Farrell is already #1 team in the state in 2A. They have a huge game against sharpsville in a few weeks and the winner of that game has a good shot of representing the west in cumberland valley this year. All 3 of these d10 teams have a legit shot of bring home gold this year.

Last edited:
WPIAL
6a: North Allegheny
5a: USC
4a: Aliquippa
3a: belle Vernon even though they’ve had a rough start
2a: Steel Valley
1a: Bishop canevin

6A: Emmaus/Freedom are the best of the bunch, despite the Patriots having two losses. Both would be competitive state wide, but won’t beat SJP
5A: Eh
4A: Allentown Central Catholic is good enough to go to the Eastern Final. Great on the lines and super physical.
3A: North Schuylkill and Northwestern Lehigh will be a great D11 final.
2A: Eh
1A: Northern Lehigh - the drop in enrollment helps them, could make another nice postseason run.

Probably no state champs here.

WPIAL
I think 4A is the most competitive in the wpial and up in the air. You have to go with the defending state champs in aliquippa but McKeesport has the most quality wins already beating belle Vernon and Penn Trafford. Central valley is the 2X defending state champs & has the longest winning streak in the state. Plus they beat aliquippa last year. Then you got to throw TJ in that mix as well. Week 9 aliquippa and central valley play and tj and McKeesport are in the same division.

District 4
4A: Jersey Shore
3A: Danville, Loyalsock
2A: Mt. Carmel, Southern Columbia
1A: Canton

There are a few other undefeated teams in D4 so far including Mifflinburg in 3A, Troy in 2A, Northwest and Muncy in 1A but I'd put the teams above as top contenders. Loyalsock beat Southern 2 weeks ago, Danville beat Loyalsock last week and Danville plays Southern this week. Mt. Carmel plays Southern week 8. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Stalker
Being a district 10 guy here will be all the winners from district 10.
6A McDowell
5A Erie cathedral prep
4A meadville
3A oil city
2A Farrell
1A Renoylds
I'm always biased towards ecp being a graduate but they remind me a lot of last year's Mt Lebo team. Both had a new coach, are seniors heavy, and their major D1 guys are their QB, RB, WR, and LT. Oil city probably has the biggest O line in the state in 3A and has a fast running back running behind those giant farm boys. Farrell is already #1 team in the state in 2A. They have a huge game against sharpsville in a few weeks and the winner of that game has a good shot of representing the west in cumberland valley this year. All 3 of these d10 teams have a legit shot of bring home gold this year.

6A: PCC
5A: Bethel Park
4A: McKeesport
3A: Belle Vernon
2A: ?
1A: ?

WPIAL
Belle Vernon's close losses were to 4A Mckeesport and 5A Penn Trafford

I don't think anybody outside of maybe Elizabeth Forward can challenge them in 3A, they are the biggest favorite if you ask me

District 3

Here’s a snapshot of 3 with number of teams in each classification in parenthesis.

6A (19) Harrisburg 2-1
Not as easy as it once looked with Cumberland Valley 4-0, Harrisburg 2-1, Central York 3-1 and Manheim Township 3-1 the frontrunners. CV-Hbg play Saturday. Teams like Wilson 3-1, Hempfield 3-1 and York 2-2 are good enough to influence, some developing more than others.

5A (26) Exeter Township 4-0
Hard finding a weakness with Exeter. Others like Solanco 4-0 are capable but one dimensional. Warwick is a rebuild with a dangerous vet quarterback in Jack Reed who can light it up. Greencastle has some athletes but untested until this weekend at East Pennsboro 3-1 then Northern 2-2 the following week. Elizabethtown is 4-0 but untested til Friday at 3-1 Twin Valley.

4A (23) Bishop McDevitt 2-1
Showed they’re one of the best in the state against Imhotep and LaSalle.

3A (14) Wyomissing 4-0
Wyomissing has been one of the best teams in the state the last three years. West Perry, Lancaster Catholic and Hamburg, all 4-0 (LC-Ham play 9/30) have some players but not as many as Wyo. And none of them have ‘playoff game’ experience at the state level. Whole other world up there!

2A (7) Camp Hill 3-1
Have a soph Qb in Drew Branstetter (850, 65% 10/1) with only loss to 4A Big Spring 16-6. Play good D allowing 52 points. Annville in the hunt, barely, with York Catholic and Delone Catholic struggling at 1-3 although Delone has been a fast closer. And York Catholic has a heavy vet team and former assistant as the new HC but not getting it done? Wide open.

1A (3) Steelton Highspire 2-1
Already beat 1A Bishop Canevin then fell apart vs 2A Pitt City power Westinghouse. Only comp anywhere looks to be Canton in States who returned most of last year’s team. Beat Rollers last year 32-27 before losing to eventual 1A champ Bishop Guilfoyle 20-7.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT