ADVERTISEMENT

Conner at Carroll

Good for him. I think he'll be successful at Widener.

Does anyone know if Carroll will compete in the Blue Division now that they are 4A? Or are they still in the Red? Also, who is their competition in the PCL in 4A?

Well they were 5A the past two years; however, they are now in 4A starting this year. I'm wondering if this changes their classification in the PCL from the Red division (big schools) to Blue (smaller)?

Carroll will be Blue. 4a with O'Hara, Bonner. Blue going to have a Catholic League playoffs with all Blue teams. The 2a, 3a, 4a playoffs going away inside the league. Best four teams make postseason regardless of class. PIAA Playoff reps will be based on regular season results.

Gang, that sounds like a good set up. The Blue playoffs should be a ton of fun. It's better than separating everyone early to their respective classifications. I'm excited to see how this model plays out.

GG:

So who is left in Red? Both Wood and Ryan are down a class too. That only leaves Prep, LaSalle KJudge & Roman and legit 6 A teams.

Speed Ryan stays up they are 5a. Wood is 4a but has decided to play up at 5a. So they will be Red as well. Not 100 percent sure how Red playoffs will work. Carroll coming down.

Quite frankly the league is a mess with a lot of issues cropping up at freshmen and jv levels who will play who etc etc. For instance if Carroll wants to have a freshmen team they will be forced to play any Red team that has a freshmen team. So if you have 17 freshmen you play Prep, LaSalle, Roman, Wood etc.

No one wants to hear it but at this point in time the need to have three Delco archdiocesan high schools time has probably passed. Carroll has nice group of juniors and will probably make some noise over next two years but long term the picture there isn’t rosy or any of the other places for that matter. It’s Prep, LaSalle, Wood and a bunch of places trying to piece it together year by year football wise.

GZ, I can remember people lauding his assistants upon his hiring. Therefore, I would guess they stay "in-house." We shall see.

Speed, it's a weird set-up. I know it may not be realistic, but I think everyone would love to see AW move up to 6A. We could potentially see rematches of AW, LS, and SJP games.

AW seemingly always plays a daunting non-league schedule, but once the 5A games start it turns into a snooze fest. Since PA went to six classifications, has AW played a 5A game in which the other team came within 3 scores? It's not a shot at AW, I give them credit for beating their competition. I would just love to see the PIAA step in with the "success factor" in regards to classifications.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT