ADVERTISEMENT

Coming Soon to PA?

OMG not at the high school level. This is insane!!!!!
I would not want to see it, even though one can think of examples (LaSalle-Parkland in 2015) where instant replay might have reversed some awful calls.

I would not want to see it, even though one can think of examples (LaSalle-Parkland in 2015) where instant replay might have reversed some awful calls.

Even at the NFL level you can't reverse pass interference calls or non-calls.

I can now see going to a Pennsbury/Neshaminy contest in 2022 and instead of getting home at 10 it'll be more like midnight. I can't see this working in NJ or Pa.

I can now see going to a Pennsbury/Neshaminy contest in 2022 and instead of getting home at 10 it'll be more like midnight. I can't see this working in NJ or Pa.
Right, and as much as we enjoy HS FB, this elevates it to a farcical level of importance. How about more security for the students/teachers...…..not more scrutiny of a football game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fletchster1
Right, and as much as we enjoy HS FB, this elevates it to a farcical level of importance. How about more security for the students/teachers...…..not more scrutiny of a football game.
That is a great point.

It us absolutely a better idea/plan to spend momey on school security - for kids and personnel, for sure. And games to midnight!?!? That is getting late (and within the realm depending on the methodology employed if instant replay did become a reality for PA’s schoolboy ball); however, and were it solely up to me, I would not, in the first instance, reject it out-of-hand.

As it is, and considering that the hard working, honest, community minded and noble souls that ref scholastic football are often early in the learning curve, mistakes can be made.

So in my humble opinion, if not already evident, a fair and appropriately designed system that would help insure an error by the “judiciary” doesn’t decide the outcome of a grid battle isn’t a bad thought. Why? Well, during my personal labors in the trenches of my profession (of the last 35 years) more than once the ability to go up the ladder of the process (for a review a decision) resulted in a “bad call” being reversed.

Now how it’s implemented is up to the “big brains” (thank goodness) but as long as what that system is doesn’t becime an unmanageable sideshow that unnecessarily (and materially) affects the game - or it’s riunning time - I believe I would be OK (and maybe that’s not possible but I’d still vote to try it out, see the results and then decide).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT