ADVERTISEMENT

Coatesville vs Cumberland Valley....facing off twice?

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Both play each other in the regular season and are district favorites in their respective districts, 1 and 3, bracketed to meet in the semifinal. It's a wild race in 3 his year with Coatesville the prohibitive favorite in 1 according to some.

I think Cumberland Valley will have its hands full with Manheim and Harrisburg in D3 before even thinking about a rematch with Coatesville in late November.

I think Cumberland Valley will have its hands full with Manheim and Harrisburg in D3 before even thinking about a rematch with Coatesville in late November.
CV has hands full every year in the Mid Penn Commonwealth with Cougars, CD, SC and McDevitt in a non-conf. Don't play Manheim (Township) unless you meant post season? Both Harrisburg and Township had severe grad losses including extraordinary Qbs so let's see how they rebuild. CV some holes too.

I know CV has the Qb back, TE and a lineman Stalk, but what else do they have? Seems like they were hit hard by graduation?

I know CV has the Qb back, TE and a lineman Stalk, but what else do they have? Seems like they were hit hard by graduation?

They are often hit hard historically playing a senior laden team; last year no different having them rely on experienced backups more often than not; T. Brammer 6-1 295, Dom Kelly 6-2 225, Jake Lucas 6-1 185, soph..high on him, Matt Barrick 6-0, 180, injured or pt players are back this year.

What they return is major tradition with a 51-15 W/L under Coach Whitehead (2006) and 13 D3 titles and a few quality D players. Being CV, they reload well.

The MP-C is in a down year in my view (CD, CV, H-Burg) with State High returning really good stuff, followed by CV. East brings back their Qb and some people. I know they return maybe 4-5 D starters and other experienced players (above); DTs Chase Myers 6-2 300, Quincy Thomas 5-9 225, DE Stone Hoffman 6-2 220, ILB Jake art 5-9 180. A lot of talent coming up.

I think they drop off from last year but hard saying with a senior QB returning and the usual pipeline of younger talent that always seems to be there. Tough opening slate vs McDevitt, Central York, at Coatesville and Central Dauphin then home to Harrisburg. Phew! Last regular season game of year should decide it against State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT