ADVERTISEMENT

Chester/Imhotep

newport

Nov 22, 2002
Chester was up 18-7 at half. Tep rallies in the 2nd half to win 28-24 in a thriller. Wallace-Coleman goes for 240 and 3 tds. Daron Harris was all over the field for Chester with a kick return td, rushing td and 2 picks on defense. From all accounts, it was a great HS football game with big time players making big plays all over the field.

Even in the loss, it should give Chester some confidence going forward. Big, fast team. Should make some noise in D1 5A, although with Garnet Valley dropping down, the bracket gets significantly tougher.

Tep was expected to win but probably in a different fashion. A win is a win though. Probably good for them to play at least 1 competitive game before the playoffs. They have playmakers everywhere. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top between Tep/LaSalle/Prep at the end

The folks out west are talking big about Peters and, gulp, Upper St Clair. I think Peters has a chance in 5A because they've been there before, and they have good to better coaching. But, our East, what's 5A look like. With 5A gone, who is the best in Philly?

Reactions: newport
With Imhotep moving up to 6A, I would imagine that Roman Catholic is the team to beat in the East. They have to be the big favorite in D12.

I can only also speak on D1 a little bit. Chester looks legit. Really good QB and as always team speed is very high. In the Central, Springfield, Garnet Valley and Strath Haven seem to be the cream of the crop. They all play each other during the season so it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I guess GV is the favorite because of pedigree, numbers, and being in many many big games before at 6A. GV has to go to both Springfield and Strath Haven. The D1 5A tourney could be one of the more exciting district tourneys in the state.

Roman would be a favorite over all the Central teams

Strath Haven has only beat GV twice. Last year and 2010. SH reloaded the line, new QB. SH barely beat Chester last year for the district title. It's an impressive showing for Chester against Tep. I haven't seen Springfield so I can't comment on them. I'll see if they're on Hudl. So, I just watched Springfields recaps. Impressive so far. I think SH plays them last game. Their line looks great and they have several skilled players that make waves on both sides of the ball. Strap in, Newport might be right.

Last edited:
Any concerns with Chester struggling with PV in Week 1? Or is that just normal W1 growing pains?

Any concerns with Chester struggling with PV in Week 1? Or is that just normal W1 growing pains?
Between growing pains and how teams line up with each other, I prefer to start looking at teams mid season. At that point, teams are in sync or taking a dive. Another factor in the equation is a 4A team going up against a 5A or 6A team.

Chester in the second half struggled with the run. Last yr in the playoffs they struggled to handle SH. I don’t see them getting pass GV if it comes down to them in d1.

After watching tep/Chester the winner from d12 6a will come from the catholic league. Prep or lasalle. Tep have size up front but they don’t move particularly well. They’ll struggle with running the ball and protection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT