ADVERTISEMENT

CFP…who do you have

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
before the bright boys start their rehearsed diatribes this morning (some of which is actually fun) who do you guys like?

I like conference winners Georgia, Clemson, OU and OSU. So, do you go with the 4 best teams whoever they are? USC is playing pretty good! But that approach changes weekly, is always in flux as per Auburn who was unbeatable for a stretch, like PSU and Bama. Bama sure screwed things up looking bad on consecutive weekends against Miss St then getting pounded by Auburn.

I agree with you Stalker. Deep down I feel like I might go Clemson, OU, Georgia, Alabama. But since Alabama doesn't have that signature win. They unfortunately didn't play Georgia in their conference schedule - so only saw one top tier team (Auburn) and lost. For that reason, put in the 4 conference winners.

My prediction. Whoever is the 4th team in will be the national champion.

Bama. They are going secure the last spot (Give me a break in Ohio State)! If the Weasley Big 10 sneaks in Ill take Clemson

With urban as the coach. I would absolutely take Ohio State in a big game. Clemson has to be pissed playing bama. I’m sticking with my prediction

Bama. They are going secure the last spot (Give me a break in Ohio State)! If the Weasley Big 10 sneaks in Ill take Clemson

ChesmontL1, if the BIG is “weasley” this year, how would you characterize the SEC having one of their weakest groups in years?

People keep mentioning Bama’s domination excluding MState/Tigers of course….without mentioning the comp was weak.

7-5 Ky and Mizu finishing above 4-7 FL? Gators 4-7?*! UT, Hogs both 4-8, Ole Miss 6-6, A&M 7-5, Mediocre MSt and SC 8-4, Vandy 5-7. When was it ever this weak. I’ve lived there. These are historical low times for the SEC.

No diss, I think Bama will represent well but who in hell did they “look dominating” against?

ChesmontL1, if the BIG is “weasley” this year, how would you characterize the SEC having one of their weakest groups in years?

People keep mentioning Bama’s domination excluding MState/Tigers of course….without mentioning the comp was weak.

7-5 Ky and Mizu finishing above 4-7 FL? Gators 4-7?*! UT, Hogs both 4-8, Ole Miss 6-6, A&M 7-5, Mediocre MSt and SC 8-4, Vandy 5-7. When was it ever this weak. I’ve lived there. These are historical low times for the SEC.

No diss, I think Bama will represent well but who in hell did they “look dominating” against?
I’d put Bama, Georgia and Auburn against anyone in Big 10 and would expect SEC to win. Simple as that. Big 10 top teams were down worse. BTW - Clemson looked sharp and could win it all!

I’d put Bama, Georgia and Auburn against anyone in Big 10 and would expect SEC to win. Simple as that. Big 10 top teams were down worse. BTW - Clemson looked sharp and could win it all!

And they well might win but Bama still has not played anyone except Auburn. Didn’t dominate them is all I’m saying. They are in an average league in a season of average teams….across the country in my view.

I love that ball down south, going to the U for a ½ year after Miami Dade South Campus as it was called then, sister to Florida, cousins pissing off ½ the family going to GA but the worm has definitely turned in the world of college football.

No more recent dominance by the historic-name schools (except Bama) that have been winners since many of us were kids; Tex, USC, Neb, ND, Miami, FSU, LSU, FL, etc. The landscape of college FB has changed dramatically over the years. Saban is keeping Bama from feeling it so enjoy the ride while it lasts in this age of parity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT