ADVERTISEMENT

CFP….a little better than BCS?

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
A couple thoughts:

Anyone one else think media darling Clemson was exposed? Great team but jeez, if I heard one more time how great their DL was! I get it Sweeney is special but I though PSU was the real deal too; Oklahoma with a defense.

Four other good candidates could have been PSU, Auburn for sure, Wisconsin and ????, maybe Miami, NDame, Wash or USC? I like 8 in the playoffs

Don’t forget another great game this weekend is FCS Final James Madison vs North Dakota St.

Stalker - Ohio State was the best team not included. Penn State, UCF, Washington, Notre Dame are pretty close. Georgia - Oklahoma was one of the best college games ever.

I just watched Bama-Clemson again on ESPN-U un-interupted and will walk back their being exposed. Too strong. Bama just better. Hey, how could I forget OSU...Ha. Saw UCF and while very good, the comp was nothing like others ranked above them but a great conversation and heck of a year.
Thought Bama was a easy call but brought back to Earth with GA-OU results. But what a game! Will go with Bama against mother's home state with some apprehension. You know Saban, he'll take away "the one thing" leaving it in Fromm's lap.

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
They have to go to eight team format -- and they will because it will shore up Christmas Day Bowl games nobody watches (except the alumni fans of the teams playing).

Then they have to make a deal with the NFL to have a Championship Saturday (yeah -- the Monday night set up for the game is lots of fun to watch by yourself after you get in from work).

They have to go to eight team format -- and they will because it will shore up Christmas Day Bowl games nobody watches (except the alumni fans of the teams playing).

Then they have to make a deal with the NFL to have a Championship Saturday (yeah -- the Monday night set up for the game is lots of fun to watch by yourself after you get in from work).
Skinner Man, What in hell is going on with USC? That program has dropped just about off the map joining Ucla who vanished some years ago. LA used to have serious football with those two.

Kelly just might turn up the noise out of Westwood (Bruins just snagged that offensive guard from Mater Dei, Murray, - US Army game). Toe-Jam to be, JT Daniels, tossed a pick.

Wow -- Clemson has eight "commits" playing in the game. Nice chat on Micah Parsons.

Trojans like an NFL junior college (and they are rolling these stud SoCal QBs in and out).

Everything Ok, though, because we do have the Rams again (first pro playoff game tonight at the Coliseum in 40 years).

Last edited:
What a move by the Bruins getting Kelly. USC better get their act together! Having fallen so far, the PAC needs to bring it hard or face the reality of never getting to the CFP unless they expand to 8.

Did you hear some of the old heads (SEC royalty) at pregame saying they thought 4 was about right using the # of games needed for 8 as bad for the STUDENT-athlete, at least that was the emphasis, as if those in the FCS, Div 2 and 3 playoffs are failing out at record numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT