ADVERTISEMENT

C'est la vie....gay Paree!

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Paris accords?......whatever you think of this, know it's a given coal, natural gas and good ole oil will remain pillars of the world’s energy supply for a long time.....the foreseeable future, given their energy richness and operational reliability. Sunlight, plant growth, wind, water (tides, rain, etc) and other natural resources (renewables) aren't viable options....yet. So guys and girls, Celebrate!

Sammy and Reluctant;
Let me know when you’re ready for a personal, face-to-face experience with the overreaching EPA to balance out one-sided mainstream media. It involves cattle, canals and naked women. Well….all but the last part. It’s a short story I’m happy to share with you. Most of us want to live on a healthy planet, preferable this one, but there are two sides to every coin. Let me know.

The republicans have clearly chosen money over a healthy planet. That is the only point being made in defending pulling out of the agreement. Every person who came on to defend Trump talked about the economy.

Sure stalker but growing up on the Mon River I remember when Pittsburgh was a smog hole, I remember fish kills , I remember an orange Mon River, I remember gray snow from the burning of coal so sure I would love to talk to you about it

Sure stalker but growing up on the Mon River I remember when Pittsburgh was a smog hole, I remember fish kills , I remember an orange Mon River, I remember gray snow from the burning of coal so sure I would love to talk to you about it

Sammy, those are great improvements….that have nothing to do with the Paris Agreement. What, we can’t take it upon ourselves to clean our streams, creeks and rivers at the grassroots level?

Bad enough the Feds want to meddle through the EPA and other regulatory overreaches. Now you want foreign governments having us fund their clean up while at the same time telling us what to do with ours? You feel ok with these foreign governments telling us how to manage our affairs? Look how they manage their own!

Reactions: paul from philly
But a foreign government (Russia) IS telling us how to manage our affairs. The Paris agreement was to drag others into the agreement, like China and India. It was said long ago that America will do the right thing once they've exhausted every other possibility. That still seems to be true.

Russia is in no way like Paris in that “Paris” is a joint venture by many nations. Russia is Russia and are trying to influence our world, Eurasia, etc as we try to influence theirs. This is nothing new.

My question to Sammy was simple. “Do you feel ok with foreign governments telling us how to manage our affairs?”….and is a separate issue from Russia. Why do you always avoid the post itself while interjecting an entirely different topic?

Russia is in no way like Paris in that “Paris” is a joint venture by many nations. Russia is Russia and are trying to influence our world, Eurasia, etc as we try to influence theirs. This is nothing new.

My question to Sammy was simple. “Do you feel ok with foreign governments telling us how to manage our affairs?”….and is a separate issue from Russia. Why do you always avoid the post itself while interjecting an entirely different topic?
The Paris Accord wasn't a case of the govts. of other countries telling the U.S. what to do but of all the govts. of the world other than Syria's and Nicaragua's (which wanted tougher limits) agreeing to particular terms.

One reality the U.S, and all the other countries that industrialized a long time ago need to acknowledge is that it would of course be unfair to require countries that are at a much earlier stage of industrialization (e.g. India) to reduce their emissions at the same rate as the countries that are fully industrialized. If India and China had the same per capita level of emissions as the U.S. the planet would be in much worse shape and much greater danger.

The Paris Accord wasn't a case of the govts. of other countries telling the U.S. what to do but of all the govts. of the world other than Syria's and Nicaragua's (which wanted tougher limits) agreeing to particular terms.

One reality the U.S, and all the other countries that industrialized a long time ago need to acknowledge is that it would of course be unfair to require countries that are at a much earlier stage of industrialization (e.g. India) to reduce their emissions at the same rate as the countries that are fully industrialized. If India and China had the same per capita level of emissions as the U.S. the planet would be in much worse shape and much greater danger.

Good catch-correction tulla. I get on a horse every now and then, hitting the spurs too hard. I will point out “per capita” is not the same as total pollution where China is at 29% of total per a 2014 study. This is from an article (Bloomberg?) I recently read. Just so you don’t think I’m a Democrat, I will confirm the source as soon as I find it. Pokin some fun fellas. So I don’t agree in cutting any country slack because they are newer to the game than some. Why don’t we-others work at getting them past that, bringing them into the modern world.
The thing is, with China not coming aboard until 2030 and India reving up, the “agreement” seems hollow and afterall, is only an agreement. Like all things relating to Trump, this is being used against him despite being a clear exagerationon of an environmental issue. Don’t get me wrong. We can still do all we can as individuals and a nation to reduce emissions. While the agreement is weak, I do think we’ve taken a hit in terms of leadership, setting the example, etc

Here are some of the Fortune 500 companies that signed onto the ads or letter or have otherwise expressed support for Paris:

Amazon
Apple
Bank of America
Berkshire Hathaway
Campbell Soup
Citigroup
Dow Chemical
DuPont
eBay
Facebook
Gap
General Mills