ADVERTISEMENT

Buy Synaptics (SYNA)....

njfan47

Jan 8, 2009
The stock has pulled back nicely from a high of $93.27 to $82.10 at Friday's close and is poised to grow rapidly with their fingerprint technology.

The recently signed contract with Samsung is just the beginning. The takeover of the Validity Sensors business was a key strategic move for the company. This stock could hit $100 in the next six months and $125 in the next 12-18 months.

A better investment than the common stock might be the January 2016 calls.

Barron's Magazine wrote a positive story on Synaptics over the weekend, so it opened a lot higher today and went all the way up to $87.85 on Tuesday and closed at $85.73, +3.63 on the day. Best to wait for a pullback to buy, although establishing a small position around current levels is not a bad idea, considering the long-term potential of this company.

That pullback came on Wednesday when Synaptics dropped below $81 a share. Closed Thursday, Sept. 4 at $82.54. Also look at the January 15, 2016 $55 or $65 calls.

SYNA back to 80-81; actually chart looks like it could go lower, support is around 73. If it breaks 73, it wants to fill that gap around 67 - 68.

I'd be looking for an initial entry around 73 with some powder left for a second fill around 68, if it should ever get there.

JB, you are always looking to buy at prices that aren't going to materialize! The time to buy is now. It isn't going to $73 nor is it going to $68! I find it best to establish a position and then consider buying more if the stock goes lower. Synaptics has a better chance to go to $95 than $68, even though it's closer to $68.

I am not saying there is no chance that it could go there, just that it's pretty unlikely. It didn't go up as much as I would have liked during today's rally, but that is not necessarily a sign of weakness.

NJ, there's always another bus coming; if a stock doesn't hit my entry price, another will. My opinion is there's a decent chance it goes lower to 73.. Could I be wrong? Of course, been wrong plenty of times but you don't lose money being wrong on a lower entry price.

You might end up being right, JB. Closed at $75.08 yesterday, so it's not quite there yet. It would be a great buy at $68, but not sure it will get there.

JB, you were right. Synaptics closed today at $73.20. Did you start your buying? It is a good value right here, but I guess there is the possibility that it could go lower if it follows the market.

NJ, so much to buy; I'm loving the SPX here at 1954; the next 100 points are to the upside.

We could test 1940 and even an outside shot at testing 1900 but as I said, the next stop is 2050.

I've got my list, just watching for signs the market will turn which I don't see yet; maybe in a day or two.

JB, agreed. We are near a short-term bottom, but maybe not quite yet. Possibly in the 3-4 hour today or early tomorrow morning, before 11 AM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT