ADVERTISEMENT

Buy Chart Industries (GTLS) at $62.33 at 3:46 PM....

njfan47

Jan 8, 2009
Chart Industries is a manufacturer of storage equipment for many different types of gases for industries ranging from liquefied natural gas (LNG) to restaurants. The stock has come off a high of $130.85, for a decline of almost 50%. This is a good place to start a position, as the company could be the subject of possible takeover talks if the shares go any lower. Therefore, the downside should be protected pretty well. The stock has a chance to earn $3.50-4.00 in 2015, so it's not super cheap, but it has the potential to get back to $100 in the next two years.

Oops. Chart Industries closed at $52.55 today, down $8.58 or 14% from yesterday's close and down almost 16% from the 9/19 recommendation on this board. The stock is now almost 60% off its high. There could be some bad news coming, but I have to believe we are near a bottom in this stock. The long-term value is compelling and there is always a chance that it could be acquired if it goes much lower.

Chart Industries at $47.43, down $5.12 today. I say buy again to average down the price. Long term options would normally be a good idea, but the premiums are too high still. If they come down, about 20%, the January 2017 long-term options are now available and would be an interesting buy. These give an investor 27 months until expiration, and if priced right, can lead to big percentage gains.

This has obviously been a miserable recommendation so far. I still think it will turn around, but it will take some time for that to happen.
This post was edited on 10/2 5:04 PM by njfan47

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT