Bowl games today, Monday

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Bowl games today, Monday

Relia Quest, noon, ESPN-2 Miss St 8-4 vs Illinois 8-4
Rest in Peace Coach Leach as Bulldogs likely tear into Ilini

Cotton, 1, ESPN, Southern Cal 11-2 vs Tulane 11-2
Pulling for uncle’s alma mater Green Wave. Tall order and two good Qbs.

Citrus, 1, ABC, LSU 9-4 vs Purdue 8-5
Coach Kelly quieted the nay-sayers leaving Notre Dame for Baton Rouge.

Rose, 5, ESPN, 5, Utah 10-3 vs PSU 10-2
Big opportunity here to beat a power team and PAC champ Utah. Coach Franklin STILL can’t beat the big boys, losing embarrassingly to Michigan 41-17 and OSU 44-31. Utes legit.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Stalk -

You'd really like to see Franklin and company put this one in the "W" column (help erase the 0-2 record against ranked opponents this season plus it would make that huge salary appear a bit more of a good spend).

With the Lions having plenty of juice with their forever QB at over 10,000 yards and a million TDs (with a ground game that looks very solid with the kids) I'd like to see the State College boys close the door on the Utes. Don't underestimate the Mormons, though, for despite their 3 losses they can inflict some damage (ask SC).

I know you worked the numbers but this looks close on the line with Utah enjoying a slight edge.

Stalk -

You'd really like to see Franklin and company put this one in the "W" column (help erase the 0-2 record against ranked opponents this season plus it would make that huge salary appear a bit more of a good spend).

With the Lions having plenty of juice with their forever QB at over 10,000 yards and a million TDs (with a ground game that looks very solid with the kids) I'd like to see the State College boys close the door on the Utes. Don't underestimate the Mormons, though, for despite their 3 losses they can inflict some damage (ask SC).

I know you worked the numbers but this looks close on the line with Utah enjoying a slight edge.
I like Utes Qb and D but haven't handicapped it. Saw Singleton twice at Gov Mifflin and always root for him and State despite lack of confidence in Franklin. Something like 0-11 vs Top 10 teams.

Miss St gave the Big-10 another loss beating Purdue on a FG. Must have made the Leach family and extended football family proud.

Reactions: paul from philly
Is PSU the only Big Ten team to win a bowl game this year? I’m a big Tulane fan after todays win over USC! PAC 12 looking like a fraud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT