Sep 3, 2004
52nd consecutive year:

Eagles: Wisniewski (Pa.) Goode (Ohio)

Patriots: Hoyer (Ohio)

**** Jaguars: Chad Henne and Paul Posluszny
**** Vikings: None

**** Eagles O Coord., Frank Reich, also played in 1980 Big 33 game

Last edited:
16th, if you read the same article as I did it couldnt be more erroneous. For starters, Wisniewski never played in the 07 game. I was a host parent at the time. Najee Goode, the Eagle, did not play in the 2013 game for Ohio as Chris Harlans article states. For starters, he would have been 24 yrs old and even more ridiculous, PA played Maryland that year. There was a Najee Goode that played for PA in 2013 that was from Imhotep, via West Catholic. I believe he is now at Maine. Alas, the streak does continue through Bryan Hoyer who did play for OHIO. Just wanted to clarify on the other two as it is no surprise to me why the the whole foundation crumbled. Misleading info through and through. Enjoy reading you eastern guys posts.

Great pick-up on Najee Goode. Who would have thought there were 2 Najee Goodes' lol. Goode from Pa. did play in 2013 but not the Eagles Goode. Was Wisniewski selected for game but declined to play? Maybe they were playing that angle.

Yeah perhaps on Wisniewski, not sure. Just know for sure he never appeared in Hershey for the practice week and game. I'm sure at some point that angle is going to keep the streak alive but realistically it is about players who actually played in the game. The streak stays alive nonetheless and an impressive one at that.

From 2007 game. Looks like he chose not to play.

"Pennsylvania was missing a few big names, notably Pat Bostick, Chaz Powell, Stefen Wisniewski, but had most of the state's top players in attendance, including three Penn State recruits (Drew Astorino, Derek Moye and Nathan Stupar) and six Pittsburgh Panthers (Myles Caragein, Dom DeCicco, John Fieger, Henry Hynoski, Chris Jacobson and Wayne Jones). Ohio, on the other hand, was left with a far leaner list of names."

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT