ADVERTISEMENT

Becahi Adds a QB

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Bethlehem Catholic adds Zamar Brake (Sr 6'4 200) a quarterback who threw for 1,800 yards and was 2nd team all conference for Carteret High in New Jersey last fall. 247Sports shows him with interest from Temple and UMass and it looks like he holds Patriot League offers. The highlight tape looks good, kid has a huge arm and looks like a factor in the run game too. He also has a little brother who will play receiver for the Hawks.

I think this addition makes Becahi the preseason favorite in the Valley. Brake will have serious weapons with juniors Tavion Banks and Malik Thomas and senior Zaheer Seabrooks in the backfield. Their line features Elias Marte (6'5 300) and Dalton Daddons (6'4 285) who are both FBS recruits, plus junior Jerry Lyons (6'2 275) and a boatload of starters in the back 7 on defense.

Bethlehem Catholic adds Zamar Brake (Sr 6'4 200) a quarterback who threw for 1,800 yards and was 2nd team all conference for Carteret High in New Jersey last fall. 247Sports shows him with interest from Temple and UMass and it looks like he holds Patriot League offers. The highlight tape looks good, kid has a huge arm and looks like a factor in the run game too. He also has a little brother who will play receiver for the Hawks.

I think this addition makes Becahi the preseason favorite in the Valley. Brake will have serious weapons with juniors Tavion Banks and Malik Thomas and senior Zaheer Seabrooks in the backfield. Their line features Elias Marte (6'5 300) and Dalton Daddons (6'4 285) who are both FBS recruits, plus junior Jerry Lyons (6'2 275) and a boatload of starters in the back 7 on defense.
Rover, think he's ready for ECP-S level comp? Nice one Wk-2 vs Freedom; should give some answers.

I bet he's playing 7-on-7 with the FASST group that usually has a ton of Becahi kids. I don't know anything about his competition level at his old school, but the measurables are there and from the three minutes of Hudl highlights I watched, the arm is really strong.

He won't have to do it alone. I'm on record as being a huge Tavion Banks fan. If he actually stays healthy this year, he's an all state player. Could be a 1,000 yard running back and tack on 500+ receiving yards. The line is massive and will protect him well. Seabrooks ran for 800 yards as a backup last year. Thomas should get the Matt Bisko carries as the big back. Not sure who other than Banks will catch passes, but Trea Lovell, Nate Palancia, and Ryan Lowe (Stroudsburg transfer) all played a lot in the secondary last year and could see the offensive side of the ball. It's a good situation for a QB to walk in too.

I think the question isn't about the EPC. With the new classifications, they're automatically going to win 4A and probably advance to the state semis. The class is just so thin in D11/D1/D2/D4. Is he good enough to get them over against Imhotep? That will probably be the eastern final for the foreseeable future, so everything Becahi does is to win that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Freedom has some talent - Jared Jenkins was amongst the state leaders in passing as a sophomore, Tristan Wheeler has a million FCS offers at linebacker and is probably the preseason Defensive Player of the Year in the league, and Kaden Moore could be an FBS guy (6'4 305 rising junior OT/DT) all are big time players in the EPC. Not sure how much depth they have though.

The other big QB news is that Ethan Parvel transferred from Whitehall to Emmaus. He was the first team all EPC quarterback last year after throwing for 2,100 yards and 31 TDs and rushing for 950 yards and 14 TDs. He joins Sone Ntoh and Lubens Myers, both 1,000 yard rushers, in a loaded backfield.

Freedom has some talent - Jared Jenkins was amongst the state leaders in passing as a sophomore, Tristan Wheeler has a million FCS offers at linebacker and is probably the preseason Defensive Player of the Year in the league, and Kaden Moore could be an FBS guy (6'4 305 rising junior OT/DT) all are big time players in the EPC. Not sure how much depth they have though.
Probably so Rover excepting years Seals grow a team which has been regularly for some time. And the West has all the power in my view with D7's West A, TJ, Gators....etc, Cathedral and D3's strength in McDevitt, Berks Cath, Manheim Central and Cocalico that will be strong again. Strong classification in terms of historic powers!

ADVERTISEMENT