ADVERTISEMENT

Battle at the Beach - PA vs NJ

Fletchster1

Nov 22, 2004
Aug 26
Downingtown West (5-5 last year with a few games that could have gone either way)
vs
Highland Regional (4-5 last year, finished with a 1-4 stretch; not sure on the level of competition here)

Neshaminy (2-8 last year? WTF? A couple of breaks here and there could have put them 0-10. Tough opponent to start 2022)
vs
Ocean City (11-2 last year and returning a stud QB. Millville pummeled them, but they did that to most teams last year)

Aug 28
Thomas Jefferson (8-3 last year with two of the losses to Belle Vernon who lost 28-13 to Aliquippa in the playoffs)
vs
Millville (12-1 with some major blowout wins. Won their last game on 12/5, so it must have been one of the 328 state championship games in NJ)

NOTE: Archbishop Wood was original scheduled to play Red Bank Catholic on Aug 27, but that game is now St John Vianney vs Red Bank.

"The Battle at The Beach"!!!

I'll be flying in from SoCal for Neshaminy's opener against OC -- not Orange County that's Ocean City (and that field looks very cool - right down on the ocean).

I might add too that the Redskins look to have much more of a club this season with a load of returning starters - probably the best group in several years.

And I oughta get a nod for making the cross-country trek just to see the boys from Langhorne.

Go 'Skins!!

Reactions: lilromeo and HSFB99
Definitely get the "Distance Award" for traveling across the country to watch the Skins take on the Raiders. Four games in a day might be a bit much, but I'll definitely hit the last two on Friday.

"The Battle at The Beach"!!!

I'll be flying in from SoCal for Neshaminy's opener against OC -- not Orange County that's Ocean City (and that field looks very cool - right down on the ocean).

I might add too that the Redskins look to have much more of a club this season with a load of returning starters - probably the best group in several years.

And I oughta get a nod for making the cross-country trek just to see the boys from Langhorne.

Go 'Skins!!
Skinner Man! Give me a holler and we'll take in some beautiful ranges in Avondale and East Earl recently visited in mushroom country and Amish country. I get a vet discount on rentals and range. Piece ah cake.

Stalk -

You mean Avondale, AZ?

And then East Earl is in PA?

I'm down for either place (you getting out to AZ these days) -- and stretching out my fingers and eye-sight (you get my drift).

And I'll be in Philly for a little over a week so I'll check in with you.

Reactions: Stalker
Fletch -

Looks like a whole bunch of us will be heading down for the game so let's keep an eye out to hook up (get all the Bucks people in one spot). I'm actually hearing that there should be a sizable contingent of Neshaminy fans heading on down so it should be a fun night in that regard (generally they do "travel" well)

Reactions: Fletchster1
Skinner - Sounds like a plan! We're heading down early for a little beach time before heading over to the Whippet-Highland Regional game prior to the Skins' game.

What an awesome experience for the schools and players involved. Really cool atmosphere with the beach, boardwalk, and rides as a backdrop. Note: Neshaminy brought half of Langhorne.

Negatives:
Day 1 only contained one close game.
Seating is limited.

Reactions: lilromeo
Fletch got that straight as Langhorne most certainly overloaded its side of the field with its loyal following spilling out of the stands, down on the walkway and then around the end zones. It was great -- what a nice turn out by the Tribe!! And not disappointing their supporters at all, the payoff for the drive down to the shore was the delivery of a solid game in the form of a 21-0 win over the gracious hosts, Ocean City high school.

On some specifics, a good effort by the D saw OC's very, very good QB bottled up for most of the second-quarter and then second-half (he started off 9 for 11 -- mostly short stuff -- and then flatlined to finish 9 for 19 as I think I counted 6 sacks as he was pressured consistently). Then with OC's ground game stopped cold the goose egg is explained.

Over on the offensive side of the football, senior Markus Barnett's 279 yards and 2 TDs on 28 carries showed Neshaminy has one of those solid RBs it has missed the last season or so (and which has been the hallmark of their better clubs). Of course, with Mr. Barnett running behind a mature group of seniors across the front doesn't hurt at all (and that includes what amounts to two D1 TEs).

I'd also venture a very early in the season thought (and despite playing a rebuilding club that lost a load from last year's 11-1 edition) that the Moleskinners will be making some noise this season (meaning they have the look of being back on track).

PS Yes - I did make the trek from SoCal for the game (and I'm glad I did as it was a gorgeous night for some schoolboy ball down by the beach). And then beside the game I also had a chance to sit next to Fletch (he's a great guy, for sure) and his stud son who - unfortunately for the 'Skins - will be lining up against Neshaminy in the coming seasons.

Last edited:
Good stuff, Skinner! It was excellent to meet you as well; glad you made the trip to the east coast.

ADVERTISEMENT