ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Updates

West Chester University is playing for D2 National Championship tomorrow and also Sunday if they lose. Only have to win 1. Many Chesco players roster and also many others from the Philadelphia area.

Reactions: Relayer
West Chester University is playing for D2 National Championship tomorrow and also Sunday if they lose. Only have to win 1. Many Chesco players roster and also many others from the Philadelphia area.

Thanks for the update CL1. Would be cool to see my alma mater win the National Championship.

Brackets are up for the state playoffs. Never been a Pennsbury fan, but congrats to them for winning their first D1 title since '93.

I see NP and SJP will meet again in a state playoff game, obviously a different sport. Is Frankford that good? I see they beat the Prep for the D12 title. Frankford opens up against Neshaminy.

http://www.piaa.org/sports/championship_details.aspx?sport=baseball

Thanks for the update CL1. Would be cool to see my alma mater win the National Championship.

Brackets are up for the state playoffs. Never been a Pennsbury fan, but congrats to them for winning their first D1 title since '93.

I see NP and SJP will meet again in a state playoff game, obviously a different sport. Is Frankford that good? I see they beat the Prep for the D12 title. Frankford opens up against Neshaminy.

http://www.piaa.org/sports/championship_details.aspx?sport=baseball

The St. Joe coach blew that game. He pulled his starter halfway through the game while they were winning. Said he wanted to save the kid for the next game Ya gotta win the game for there to be a "next game"!!! Stupid!!!!!

The St. Joe coach blew that game. He pulled his starter halfway through the game while they were winning. Said he wanted to save the kid for the next game Ya gotta win the game for there to be a "next game"!!! Stupid!!!!!
Actually, the coach knew there was in fact going to be a "next game."

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Actually, the coach knew there was in fact going to be a "next game."

Tulla, your passive aggressive style is getting a little long in the tooth. Sure, there's another game but if they had won they would have claimed the mythical City title and gotten a much better seeding in the State brackets. Frankford beat them for Christ's sake!! "Actually, the coach knew there was in fact a "next game." Duh,duh. What he did was STUPID for his teams sake!!

Tulla, your passive aggressive style is getting a little long in the tooth. Sure, there's another game but if they had won they would have claimed the mythical City title and gotten a much better seeding in the State brackets. Frankford beat them for Christ's sake!! "Actually, the coach knew there was in fact a "next game." Duh,duh. What he did was STUPID for his teams sake!!
You said "You got to win for there to be a 'next game.'" That statement was simply incorrect, and it's not "passive aggressive" to point out that fact. I have no idea whether the manager's move was a good one or not. I wasn't there and have no idea whether the pitcher's arm was tired, etc.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
You said "You got to win for there to be a 'next game.'" That statement was simply incorrect, and it's not "passive aggressive" to point out that fact. I have no idea whether the manager's move was a good one or not. I wasn't there and have no idea whether the pitcher's arm was tired, etc.

There is NO NEXT GAME to win the City Championship. Frankford beat St.Joe's for it. Was that specific enough for you?? The kid's arm was not tired. He was winning 3-0 and he was cruising!!. Took him out and they score 9-count 'em-9 runs. Maybe you shouldn't comment when, as in your own words, you knew nothing of the situation.

There is NO NEXT GAME to win the City Championship. Frankford beat St.Joe's for it. Was that specific enough for you?? The kid's arm was not tired. He was winning 3-0 and he was cruising!!. Took him out and they score 9-count 'em-9 runs. Maybe you shouldn't comment when, as in your own words, you knew nothing of the situation.
Normally you're calmer. In your original post you said nothing about the city championship, clearly saying they had to win for there to be a next game. I never claimed to know anything of the specifics of the game--were you there?--only that losing the game wouldn't mean the season is over. Maybe it's possible the manager didn't care so much about winning a mythical city championship.

Normally you're calmer. In your original post you said nothing about the city championship, clearly saying they had to win for there to be a next game. I never claimed to know anything of the specifics of the game--were you there?--only that losing the game wouldn't mean the season is over. Maybe it's possible the manager didn't care so much about winning a mythical city championship.

Sorry, didn't mean to bark. Maybe he didn't care about the City Championship but he could have gotten a great seeding for states!! And if I'm the AD at the Prep or any school for that matter, and found out the coach didn't care about winning, I'd send him right back to pee wee soccer.

I don't think either of us wants to get too hyped about baseball! (I can't sit through nine innings anymore for several reasons, one of which is how slow-moving the game has become.)

You may well be right that the Prep manager made a big mistake. Perhaps he thought the second pitcher was very likely to hold the lead. If Scanlan was the starter, maybe the manager wanted him well-rested for today, even if it meant the opposition would be a stronger team.

Having both the PCL and PPL reps go on the PIAA strikes me as very odd. It certainly diminishes the value of any "city championship." Are there really five city baseball champions?

You can throw the seedings out the window for baseball. Last year Boyertown won it all as the 4th seed from D1. They lost 2 straight heading into the tournament.

Two years ago NP lost to CR-North in the D1 title game and came back to win states. They are other examples of lower seeds getting hot at the right time. As we know, facing the other team's ace in an elimination game is not easy.

BTW, congrats to West Chester on winning the Division 2 National Title!

6A

Frankford 5 Neshaminy 2
Perk Valley 2 Williamsport 0
St Joe Prep 3 North Penn 1
Pennsbury 2 Parkland 1 (11 innings)
Dallastown 8 Hatboro-Horsham 1

5A

Upper Moreland 2 Wood 0
Springfield (Delco) 15 Franklin Towne 0
Marple Newtown - Red Land postponed until tomorrow

Next round on Thursday:

Pennsbury vs. Perk Valley
Frankford vs Beth. Liberty
SJPrep vs Dallastown
Upper Moreland vs Whitehall
Springfield vs Cedar Cliff

I don't think either of us wants to get too hyped about baseball! (I can't sit through nine innings anymore for several reasons, one of which is how slow-moving the game has become.)

You may well be right that the Prep manager made a big mistake. Perhaps he thought the second pitcher was very likely to hold the lead. If Scanlan was the starter, maybe the manager wanted him well-rested for today, even if it meant the opposition would be a stronger team.

Having both the PCL and PPL reps go on the PIAA strikes me as very odd. It certainly diminishes the value of any "city championship." Are there really five city baseball champions?
Tulla -

You've always been the voice of reason. Again, you're circumspect to the condescending attitude of the "neighborhood school" disposition. 'Enter your turn, leave to get on nerves'. The inferiority elitist bipolar mindset will always be an entertaining side show to follow.

Roxy, Paul's a reasonable guy. There was another LaSalle guy on here (who for some reason didn't post at all on here during the last football season after being a regular for many years) who saw everything related to the Prep through a seriously warped lens.

Roxy, Paul's a reasonable guy. There was another LaSalle guy on here (who for some reason didn't post at all on here during the last football season after being a regular for many years) who saw everything related to the Prep through a seriously warped lens.

Whoa there fellas!! I'm rooting for the Prep on this one. The only reason I commented was because the coach made a move that I thought was stupid, if you like winning games and championships. If I were the Scanlon kid, I would have been pissed. Luckily he came back and pitched great against North Penn!! Go Hawks!!! Beat Dallastown!!!

Last edited:
Well the Hawks lost yesterday to a very good Dallastown team. Shame. Would have like to see the Scanlon kid go a couple more. He would have pitched the next game and I think there would have been enough time to pitch the final!!

Congrats to Pennsbury! They score in the bottom of the 7th and win the 6A state title over Dallastown 1-0.

Reactions: Fletchster1
Where the hell is Blitz? Although we sometimes disagreed, he was always a good dude. Come to think of it, where the hell is Gretch? Another good Falcon.

C'mon boys, hats off to the 2017 PIAA 6A State Champions, the Pennsbury Falcons!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT