ADVERTISEMENT

Aliquippa

From reading twitter and the news out here, it seems like people on the school board and current and former players said he didn't do enough. Sad situation.

I wonder what that means "he didn't do enough". Aliquippa is very depressed very high crime area. From what I have heard(I am an outsider so I do not know ) is that Coach Z put up with more crap than any of us could imagine. Very sad and this guy deserved better than this.

Here is the quote I saw:

Aliquippa board member Ezra Lowe said Zmijanac didn't support his players: “What about the kids that are on the corner now from the football team? … You use them for your glory, for your self-edification. What about their future? When do they get rewarded?” #TribHSSN

I wonder what that means "he didn't do enough". Aliquippa is very depressed very high crime area. From what I have heard(I am an outsider so I do not know ) is that Coach Z put up with more crap than any of us could imagine. Very sad and this guy deserved better than this.

That's a joke, they expect a football coach to change a culture of poverty and no jobs? Aliquppa is an awful area and school, all they really have going for them is football. They better hope they have a pretty good replacement, 10 straight trips to the wpial championship is quite a feat.

Very sad story all around. Obviously, Coach Z is a great football coach. Without being from the area it's tough to comment on his off-the-field actions or inactions. However, it seems the school board's expectations are a bit unreasonable. There has to be more to this story. Either way, it is a sad situation and I hope they find someone from the community who can fill the role.

I think Sammy K has the right call on this. Aileen Gilbert , mother of former NFL player and former Quip Sean Gilbert ( and also grandmother to former Qiup Derrel Revis ) , is an influential board member and is Angling to get her son the job.

Reactions: Aragorn
Speed,

Read another article stating the same. Just a shame school board members making these decisions can not just speak up and explain their intent. If that is who they are pursuing then just flat out tell the community members at the meeting. That is the least they could do, would have been more professional to let Coach Zmijanac have one last go in 2018.

Cheers,

Busch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT