ADVERTISEMENT

6A is down this year

He's a PSAC/D3 type starter in college.

All kinds of rumors for the Oregon offer.

1. It was never committable.

2. It was a favor to get him to Gateway.

3. It was just a camp offer.

I personally believe if he stays at Jeanette, the program never gets blown up and they win a few state titles. I think they win when he was a freshman if he doesn't get hurt. And, none of it would have affected his recruiting. He's 5'11 maybe 175-180lbs with an average arm and above average running skills.

He's a PSAC/D3 type starter in college.

All kinds of rumors for the Oregon offer.

1. It was never committable.

2. It was a favor to get him to Gateway.

3. It was just a camp offer.

I personally believe if he stays at Jeanette, the program never gets blown up and they win a few state titles. I think they win when he was a freshman if he doesn't get hurt. And, none of it would have affected his recruiting. He's 5'11 maybe 175-180lbs with an average arm and above average running skills.
phew, not even psac imo- i think his only option is a small school outside of PA

Birch was a well above average high school QB. Did extremely well taking advantage of a bevy of D1 WR's in his time at Gateway. But too often against tougher opponents he would produce a really bad game. I saw him in person several times and those were not good showings. Off target, out of sync, looked like he had no clue. That's a problem. It certainly doesn't help he is much smaller than listed. The roster says 6'1" 187. In real life I doubt he is 5'11" and looks about 165. Pitt will have 5 QB's on the roster this fall, he would be #6 by a mile if he could walk on there, which I highly doubt.

Reactions: new2pa
Birch was a well above average high school QB. Did extremely well taking advantage of a bevy of D1 WR's in his time at Gateway. But too often against tougher opponents he would produce a really bad game. I saw him in person several times and those were not good showings. Off target, out of sync, looked like he had no clue. That's a problem. It certainly doesn't help he is much smaller than listed. The roster says 6'1" 187. In real life I doubt he is 5'11" and looks about 165. Pitt will have 5 QB's on the roster this fall, he would be #6 by a mile if he could walk on there, which I highly doubt.
hes probably a "true try-out" walk-on at PItt, not PWO- and my guess, is by August, he will be at the ohio D2 school w his brother, Notre Dame College- kinda like a juco

that is the craziest thing i have ever heard of in recruiting

big time offer as a freshman in high school, to none as a senior

he must have lied about his height or something, and then schools saw him and said no way
Morehead was at Oregon and Akron for both offers. He also has a sister that lives out that way. It was probably a non-committable thing aka a favor. As many of us said...he wasn't that good. And sounds like he had other issues too.

Last edited:
it happens to most schools (120 HSs in wpial), at least once per year- kids lose offers for a variety of reasons, and kids post bogus offers
yeah kids lose offers, they don't commit early to a bigger school but then they go to a mac school because the bigger school wasn't willing to wait for them

that happens all the time

but who else had a huge offer as a freshman and then no offers as a senior? Oregon is big time college football and it's on the other side of the country, you would think if Oregon thought he was good enough Toledo or somebody like that would take him

Morehead was at Oregon and Akron for both offers. He also has a sister that lives out that way. It was probably a non-committable thing aka a favor. As many of us said...he wasn't that good. And sounds like he had other issues too.
why did he deserve this favor? is he related to moorehead? was his sister sleeping with somebody on the staff?

this doesn't make sense

i know he wasn't that good, i'm just saying i have never seen a kid get a huge offer as a freshman and then have no offers as a senior, even if he does have off field issues

why did he deserve this favor? is he related to moorehead? was his sister sleeping with somebody on the staff?

this doesn't make sense

i know he wasn't that good, i'm just saying i have never seen a kid get a huge offer as a freshman and then have no offers as a senior, even if he does have off field issues
No idea - but LITERALLY - the TWO offers he had were from Moorhead at two different schools.

ADVERTISEMENT