ADVERTISEMENT

5 killed in Sebring, FL bank.

Too bad that someone killed 5 people. Thanks NRA spokesman
Jesus sammy, you haven't changed at all, still in high school throwing names. By the way, that was the point, that they couldn't save themselves.

Not piling on, but the good guy with a gun works like 1% of the time. Heck, even officers in uniform are killed.

As a side note....another white guy who just shot multiple people taken into custody without a scratch.

Not piling on, but the good guy with a gun works like 1% of the time. Heck, even officers in uniform are killed.

As a side note....another white guy who just shot multiple people taken into custody without a scratch.
Open forum Reluctant; not piling on.
People defend themselves successfully all the time. It is not a rare occurrence. What's rare is your hearing about it in any media source. It's not news worthy when it happens in Taneytown MD with a pop under 1000 as a home invasion. The 1% figure is then suspect at best. But let's say it's true. Don't you want to be in that number?

"Don't you want to be in that number?"

I would, but I have a feeling the number of domestic shootings and accidental shootings don't outnumber that. I'm not against people having a shotgun in case of home invasion. I'm against having a military assault rifle built to kill as many people as fast as possible. Civilians don't need that.

"Don't you want to be in that number?"

I would, but I have a feeling the number of domestic shootings and accidental shootings don't outnumber that. I'm not against people having a shotgun in case of home invasion. I'm against having a military assault rifle built to kill as many people as fast as possible. Civilians don't need that.

Reluctant. The problem with statistics on this topic is you typically only hear partial news that makes great headlines for ratings not truth. So you get.... “XXXX Killed by Handguns.” What you don’t get is the breakdown; those killed accidentally, those killed by cops, those that are suicides, etc. There were 39,773 deaths by handguns last year, per CDC. Suicides accounting for 60% (highest group historically), homicides for 37%.

About assault weapons, a large segment of the population disagrees with you. Four that I know personally are state troopers, the other retired military. A lot of guys just enjoy shooting them. We all have a number of things we agree or disagree with and that’s fine about this law or that. But the legality of having an assault weapons is a moot as long as the 2nd Amendment stands. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT