ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Archbishop Wood schedule

Last edited:
Top heavy schedule, after 1st three games they coast until LaSalle which one would hope is competitive. ;)

Enjoy that trip up to Oradell Ave.!!... get there early, stands only on one side of field.

btw... any pick-ups on the free agent/transfer wire yet?... usually that Catholicism bug starts to hit around July-August..

usually that Catholicism bug starts to hit around July-August
Great line, made me LOL!

Top heavy schedule, after 1st three games they coast until LaSalle which one would hope is competitive. ;)

Enjoy that trip up to Oradell Ave.!!... get there early, stands only on one side of field.

btw... any pick-ups on the free agent/transfer wire yet?... usually that Catholicism bug starts to hit around July-August..
Their roster does not include last years QB or Peoples ??

Peoples and Colyar still there, no news on anyone new faces. Earlier threads stated Garwo from Egan going to LS or Wood, neither are accurate, he is staying at Egan.

Reactions: lilromeo
yes -

Does lasalle have any "converts" from SCH or GA yet, or will that happen in July, like recent years?

Paisano,
Like I said, that Catholicism awakening virus usually infects around July-August. I imagine there's a bit of PCL envy that Wood seem to provide the best treatment course for this ailment, just going by the volume over the length of Devlin's regime.

Reactions: Relayer
Thanks for posting. Oxbridge Academy is going to be tough. It's a brand new school, maybe five years old, and was started by two of the four Koch brothers (not the two who are politically active). They recruit the West Palm Beach area heavily and also get some kids from the legendary football town of Belle Glade (which in 1988 had a player picked in each of the first three rounds of the NFL Draft). Saw them beat a pretty good Key West team in the playoffs in 2014; they put up over 50 points.

They had a good team last year, but were knocked out of the playoffs pretty early by a very good Chaminade-Madonna team from Hollywood, near Miami that was loaded with prospects. My guess is that Wood will have their hands full here and that the game could go either way. It's going to be hot in Florida in late August. Might need to reassess after recruiting/transfer season is over for both teams.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Saw article in newspaper on new transfer rules, thought of this thread as it mentioned a transfer (perhaps). So I guess sitting out a year would put that to rest?

NJfan

Thanks for the info! Also hear Wood will host Paramus Catholic Saturday night of labor day weekend....With Oxbridge Academy at Disney, Paramus, Bergen Cath, and SJP, as first 4 games.....

Garwo not going to Wood or LS, just picked up UVA offer and very happy at Egan, plenty of more offers to come....

NJfan

Thanks for the info! Also hear Wood will host Paramus Catholic Saturday night of labor day weekend....With Oxbridge Academy at Disney, Paramus, Bergen Cath, and SJP, as first 4 games.....

Garwo not going to Wood or LS, just picked up UVA offer and very happy at Egan, plenty of more offers to come....
That's a murderous first 4 games .They will need a couple of RBs to be competitive this year IMO.

I take it Bergen Catholic will be very good. Former Don Bosco head coach Greg Toal has joined BC's staff. Sounds like BC will have a lot of pressure on them to win this season.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...ch-greg-toal-joins-bergen-catholic/491933001/
Their QB Langdan had a good game against Wood last year and is headed to Boston College. He is about 6 ft 4 ,225 lbs and can run. They are always a tough group to handle. Paramus Catholic is also loaded .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT