Rustin at Coatesville
Unionville at Dtown East
Great Valley at Henderson
Kennett at Dtown West
Oxford at Shanahan
Sun Valley at WC East
Octorara at Avon Grove

First 3 games should be pretty good

Chesty, I was in WC today and rode past Henderson, is the football field still grass? They did a wonderful job with the turf fields on the other side of the street for soccer, field hockey, lacross, complete with stands, scoreboards, etc.Since I'm a proponent of football on grass, Henderson really shows how it can be done. ( gotta feeling you're going to tell me the football field is turf ) Anyway, I'd love to see Neshaminy keep Heartbreak Ridge grass.I think it is the nicest natural grass field in SEPA. I'd hate to lose it to"progress" Henderson's campus looks a 100% better then it did 10 years ago.. Not that is was bad, but I think you know what I mean.

Ellis at Great Valley loses a ton of seniors. It will be interesting to see how they do next year.

Turf. When they built Rustin 5-8 years back they rehabbed Henderson and East. They upgraded Dicks Stadium (no shtt... Real name ) but unfortunately installed turf. Henderson has 4 soccer/lacrosse fields across the street. 2 are lighted. Henderson is the orginal WC High School so it will never close. They put a pretty damn good product on the field for only having 1300 or so kids.

Yeah man. Losing Bucholz and adderly among others. Remember he did a pretty good job at Springfield when they weren't so good. They also just started the junior patriots 3 or so years back so he should start seeing the fruits of a decent feeder program shortly.

Stadium was built in 1923 and named after J Oscar Dicks, a school board member who lobbied for the stadium. Wish they had built the visitors stand higher when they did the rehab. Good atmosphere though when the stadium is full. The field sits below the school and alot of people stand along the walkway and hang at the fence. And since most of you guys enjoy a cold beer before or after there is a local bar a couple blocks away. Or if you are energetic, downtown WC is a 5 minute drive with multiple pubs of choice.

Wow, built in 1923. That was humongus for a high school stadium.for the times- very impressive. My late father was born in 1923. Graduated in ' 41 from North Catholic, 6 months before Pearl Harbor.

And yes, those pubs are a added atraction, Thank You!

Kennett I believe has re-posted the position after doing a round of interviews.

Oxford I here is down to final 2 after 1 finalist withdrew due to a district policy about not allowing children on sideline during games or practices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT